Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track Day Checklist

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 09:58 AM
MarcD147
Three Wheelin'

Received 95 Likes on 57 Posts

take everything out of the car that can move or is not screwed down (you don't want to be distracted by weird noises)

don't follow slower cars that pass you...that driver has more skills and overdriving your car might end you in the barrier

ask others with same car/tiresetup what cold pressures they run in what weather and use that as a starting point.

bring an airtank so you don't have to wait in line for air (or run out of quarters etc)

if the track is more than an hour from home consider staying in a hotel close to the track the night before as you will be fitter on the day and less prone to incidents.

track driving is tiring especially on hot or wet days; when you make one or two uncharacteristic mistakes in a session and it is already afternoon consider it a warning and call it a day.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:30 PM
cingulus
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MarcD147
take everything out of the car that can move or is not screwed down (you don't want to be distracted by weird noises)

track driving is tiring especially on hot or wet days; when you make one or two uncharacteristic mistakes in a session and it is already afternoon consider it a warning and call it a day.
Both are good points, but the second one is golden I would say that on about 1/2 my track days, I do not run the last session because I could be a risk to myself or others. Your body will let you know.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:00 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by cingulus
Both are good points, but the second one is golden I would say that on about 1/2 my track days, I do not run the last session because I could be a risk to myself or others. Your body will let you know.
I'm with you, I rarely run the last session. On a 2 day event I call it halfway through the 2nd day too. It's just not worth it. Everyone is tired and their sense of speed altered. Jeff

Quick Reply: Track Day Checklist