Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 02:25 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

call me when u are going racing joe
i will lead you into oblivion

joe can't do support or arrive and drive. he has to DO HIS own thing. i can't see him standing next to the car watching his crew swap pads or tires or sway bar. maybe he can hire crew, so they can drink beer while watching joe wrench. i am for hire.

spec miata is not as cheap as ppl think. if you want to win, it's actually quite $

DE ==> racing ==> hit a few thingsl ==> DE ==> racing ==> hit a few things ==> DE...

hoosiers, yes, MDKIM is a drug dealer. he owns a large rubber plantation in asia and sells rubber. keeps telling me "put on some real tires john...."

racing is fun. do it for a year or too. first hit is free.
MDKIM lets me drive his CS. and next day i bought one....

be aware of all the bad friends you have!
Old 03-23-2017, 03:02 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

Joe don't do it.

I've watched mooty go race de race de race de in like 3 yrs.

Forgets de is actually more fun, hobby, relaxing.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:14 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
call me when u are going racing joe
i will lead you into oblivion

joe can't do support or arrive and drive. he has to DO HIS own thing. i can't see him standing next to the car watching his crew swap pads or tires or sway bar. maybe he can hire crew, so they can drink beer while watching joe wrench. i am for hire.

spec miata is not as cheap as ppl think. if you want to win, it's actually quite $

DE ==> racing ==> hit a few thingsl ==> DE ==> racing ==> hit a few things ==> DE...

hoosiers, yes, MDKIM is a drug dealer. he owns a large rubber plantation in asia and sells rubber. keeps telling me "put on some real tires john...."

racing is fun. do it for a year or too. first hit is free.
MDKIM lets me drive his CS. and next day i bought one....

be aware of all the bad friends you have!
Lmao! Mooty knows me well! Yes, I can see racing being one of those things I try once just for the experience and then end up back in de.
It's great to have bad friends!
Old 04-22-2017, 12:39 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Just got back from Thunderhill today and got a new PB of 3:07 running the full 5 mile course. Despite some sloppy corners, this ended up being the best lap. It's really tough to put together an entire lap without any mistakes on the 5 mile. Theoretical best shows 3:06.2, so with some luck and practice, the car can do 3:05. I don't know if I have the mental fortitude to pull that off, though.

Same lap using the track app. I have to admit that it works really well now with the new updates. It's pretty awesome that you can export and view the video and data using Vbox circuit tools as well.

Old 04-22-2017, 01:21 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,800 Likes on 2,166 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Joe don't do it.

I've watched mooty go race de race de race de in like 3 yrs.

Forgets de is actually more fun, hobby, relaxing.
Joe, a little hit here and there is OK....trust me. Going back to the non-cheater tires isn't hard, I do it all the time.
Old 04-22-2017, 01:26 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Joe, a little hit here and there is OK....trust me. Going back to the non-cheater tires isn't hard, I do it all the time.
Lol!
Old 04-22-2017, 01:36 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Lol!
I'll bust out the RE-71Rs for Thunderhill in June.
Old 04-22-2017, 01:57 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

I'll bust out the RE-71Rs for Thunderhill in June.
Sweet. Me, you, and potter can battle it out with the same car and same tires that day. He just beat my 3:11 time with a 3:10 today in his 4.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:04 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Sweet. Me, you, and potter can battle it out with the same car and same tires that day. He just beat my 3:11 time with a 3:10 today in his 4.
You guys have home field advantage at TH so I definitely won't be running as fast as you guys. Are we running the 3-mile or the 5-mile course on Friday?
Old 04-22-2017, 02:14 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

You guys have home field advantage at TH so I definitely won't be running as fast as you guys. Are we running the 3-mile or the 5-mile course on Friday?
True, we do have home field advantage! 6/2 is the 5 mile course.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:42 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

True, we do have home field advantage! 6/2 is the 5 mile course.
I'm going to have to bone up on watching your videos of the 5-mile course. You guys have to come down to Buttonwillow either with PCA at the end of May or PCA San Diego in mid-Nov so we can do battle on my home turf. Btw, the higher BBI wing uprights probably got me 1 second at Buttonwillow.
Old 04-22-2017, 03:53 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

fri 5 miles
weekend 3 miles
Old 04-22-2017, 10:16 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

I'm going to have to bone up on watching your videos of the 5-mile course. You guys have to come down to Buttonwillow either with PCA at the end of May or PCA San Diego in mid-Nov so we can do battle on my home turf. Btw, the higher BBI wing uprights probably got me 1 second at Buttonwillow.
May is in the middle of little league playoffs. November is a possibility. I have to go down to SoCal to visit the in laws for thanksgiving and SpeedSF has an event on Black Friday, which would be a perfect way to get away for a day!

Just the uprights and nothing to compensate up front? Tempting since I like the look of the raised wing too....
Old 04-22-2017, 09:50 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

May is in the middle of little league playoffs. November is a possibility. I have to go down to SoCal to visit the in laws for thanksgiving and SpeedSF has an event on Black Friday, which would be a perfect way to get away for a day!

Just the uprights and nothing to compensate up front? Tempting since I like the look of the raised wing too....
Yeah, I was going to drive the car with the higher wing uprights and wing lip gurney to see if the car understeered too much before I decided on front canards. Car didn't have much understeer so no immediate need to canards. You'll drive the car in June so can you let me know how it feels compared to your car.

Can you sneak away for a Friday Buttonwillow day on Dec 2nd with Speed District? It's like a quasi private track day with 20 min sessions on the top of each hour.
Old 04-23-2017, 12:09 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Yeah, I was going to drive the car with the higher wing uprights and wing lip gurney to see if the car understeered too much before I decided on front canards. Car didn't have much understeer so no immediate need to canards. You'll drive the car in June so can you let me know how it feels compared to your car.

Can you sneak away for a Friday Buttonwillow day on Dec 2nd with Speed District? It's like a quasi private track day with 20 min sessions on the top of each hour.
Possible!

Quick Reply: Orthojoe's track build journal