Sponsored by:

Yellow Engine Warning in MFD

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 12:26 PM
swivelhi
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yellow Engine Warning in MFD

I have a 2015 GT3 with 2200 miles and no issues other than I added too much oil and had to have the dealer drain off less than 1/2 a quart to lose the warning light. Oh, and I have chipped black wheels, no biggie, I guess.
2 days ago I filled her up and put her to bed for the night, next morning it was cold for Charleston, maybe 30-32 degrees, I started her up and while the car was idling I heard 5 intermittent detonation pops and then she calmed down and all was fine. Next day same thing only after the engine idling dropped down I heard that dreaded ping sound indicating a warning message had appeared on the MFD stating "Reduced power Driving permitted Consult a workshop". The action required is "Adapt your driving style and speed to the changed conditions. Consult an authorized Porsche dealer. I shut the car down waited 3 minutes started her up no weird sounds, no warning message so I drove around town turned her off and on 3 times no issues. I don't have a clue, I'll take her in Monday for a look see and let you guys know for future reference. I'm thinking maybe bad gas causing the knocks??????????
Old 01-17-2015, 12:32 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,080 Likes on 1,005 Posts

Originally Posted by swivelhi
I have a 2015 GT3 with 2200 miles and no issues other than I added too much oil and had to have the dealer drain off less than 1/2 a quart to lose the warning light. Oh, and I have chipped black wheels, no biggie, I guess.
2 days ago I filled her up and put her to bed for the night, next morning it was cold for Charleston, maybe 30-32 degrees, I started her up and while the car was idling I heard 5 intermittent detonation pops and then she calmed down and all was fine. Next day same thing only after the engine idling dropped down I heard that dreaded ping sound indicating a warning message had appeared on the MFD stating "Reduced power Driving permitted Consult a workshop". The action required is "Adapt your driving style and speed to the changed conditions. Consult an authorized Porsche dealer. I shut the car down waited 3 minutes started her up no weird sounds, no warning message so I drove around town turned her off and on 3 times no issues. I don't have a clue, I'll take her in Monday for a look see and let you guys know for future reference. I'm thinking maybe bad gas causing the knocks??????????

Had the same message last month first time I shut the car off, and it was gone no problem " reboot". Two weeks later took it to the dealer they check everything out, and cleared the fault no issues. Dealer said possible firing issue, and I have not had another message.
Old 01-17-2015, 01:43 PM
swivelhi
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great to Know

Thanks, that's why this site is so good you don't feel like your out there alone.

Quick Reply: Yellow Engine Warning in MFD