Sponsored by:

LIFT

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 09:49 PM
martinmp42
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vtracsd
Gleek, do you have the 48" or 36" Alu approach ramps? Are the regular steel ramps too tall?
I have Direct Lift PP8S. It comes with 36 inch steel ramps. With front axle lift on, it will clear it. However, the runways are 41/2 inch high on direct lift. If the lift that you are looking at has the same runway height, it will clear it.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:18 PM
H82BL8
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

here is a great option
http://www.raceramps.com/vehicle-lift-ramps.aspx
very light weight but they don't look like it
Old 02-14-2015, 03:26 PM
vtracsd
Track Day

Originally Posted by martinmp42
I have Direct Lift PP8S. It comes with 36 inch steel ramps. With front axle lift on, it will clear it. However, the runways are 41/2 inch high on direct lift. If the lift that you are looking at has the same runway height, it will clear it.
The runway is 4.9" high. I'm hoping that the 36" ramp will work so I don't have to remove them to close the garage door.

Originally Posted by H82BL8
here is a great option
http://www.raceramps.com/vehicle-lift-ramps.aspx
very light weight but they don't look like it
I'll have to looking into that if the 36" ramp doesn't work. The prices are around the same for alu or race ramps and I'd much rather use race ramps for the weight savings.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:27 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Gleek48
No worries. I am still getting acclimated to the usage of the lift. After watching them install it, I would recommend having someone who knows how to do it set it up. It's not super difficult, just there are probably some tricks of the trade to make sure it is set up safely and properly.
For someone who is mechanically inclined, all the major manufacturers have good installation instructions. Even if you don't have a large hammer drill, you can rent everything you need.

I bought a Challenger 40EFX from a transmission shop that went out of business. To put it in context, this is a 4 post lift with 17' long runners rated at 12,000 lb. working load. I contacted the manufacturer for manual and parts list. Took the Illustrated Parts Breakdown with me when I bought it to make sure everything was there. Loaded it up and took it home.

Needed a helper, but had the lift anchored and operating the next weekend.

I recondition machine tools as a hobby, but I didn't find putting a lift together, squaring it up, and anchoring it down all that challenging.

Ryan
Old 02-20-2015, 07:52 PM
martinmp42
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vtracsd
The runway is 4.9" high. I'm hoping that the 36" ramp will work so I don't have to remove them to close the garage door.

I'll have to looking into that if the 36" ramp doesn't work. The prices are around the same for alu or race ramps and I'd much rather use race ramps for the weight savings.
Always remove the ramps if they are heavy and made of steel. It is being held by only two bolts, and over time starts to bend.

Quick Reply: LIFT