Sponsored by:

Car is STILL in the Body Shop, Since 12/19

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 06:37 AM
the-missile
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LitRbl
Seriously? They get August off too don't they?

What is it exactly that they do that entitles them to so much holiday as a reward?

Labour Law in Europe
Old 01-21-2015, 07:49 AM
Teo
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LitRbl
Seriously? They get August off too don't they?

What is it exactly that they do that entitles them to so much holiday as a reward?
Don't know sorry, I knew about this only because I'm going to Porsche factory and they advise me that they are off in beg of Jan.
Old 01-21-2015, 09:23 AM
RFGGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

UNIONS
Old 01-21-2015, 02:48 PM
nlpamg
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
Word is Porsche was holding cars so they deliver in calendar year 2015 so they count towards this years sales. 2014's sales targets were met already.

They were holding cars at ports in the US and Canada and not delivering to dealers.
That is ridiculous.

But it already is 2015! What is their problem. I saw on the other thread that they're prioritizing SUV's, which will most likely sit on dealer lots. Wouldn't it make more sense to prioritize sold cars already? Or are they THAT greedy where they want to try to sell more cars first because they know they already have your money?
Old 01-21-2015, 03:04 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by nlpamg
That is ridiculous. But it already is 2015! What is their problem. I saw on the other thread that they're prioritizing SUV's, which will most likely sit on dealer lots. Wouldn't it make more sense to prioritize sold cars already? Or are they THAT greedy where they want to try to sell more cars first because they know they already have your money?
That's another good point about pushing other cars first. The dealers have been crying about not having cars on the lot. No Macans, the Cayenne facelift cut off that model for a while, etc...

I get emails from Porsche dealers wanting trade ins or outright purchases of used cars.

Like one dealer told me, we have nothing to sell. People coming in for Macans, but not happy about the wait too.

They need cars on the lot too. The can't live off of special orders alone.

Quick Reply: Car is STILL in the Body Shop, Since 12/19