Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yeah, I really hate this car!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 11:28 PM
LAGinz
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

While I don't expect an aftermarket exhaust on a NA engine to really add hp or tq, I do not like at all the idea of a loss in either, no matter how small that might be.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:43 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by LAGinz
While I don't expect an aftermarket exhaust on a NA engine to really add hp or tq, I do not like at all the idea of a loss in either, no matter how small that might be.
exactly.

if better sound, great, all I care about... if adds hp/tq or reduced weight, bonus...

but if it messes up factory sensors, software, or reduces power in any way, no Bueno....
Old 01-04-2015, 08:26 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Not really that interested in just more of the same noise (in fact, I think the exhaust OEM decibel is about right).

I just want a bit more drama.
Is this enough drama for you?

Old 01-04-2015, 09:22 AM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
exactly.

if better sound, great, all I care about... if adds hp/tq or reduced weight, bonus...

but if it messes up factory sensors, software, or reduces power in any way, no Bueno....
Iircc, there is no loss in torque if the flaps are left to work as designed. i beieve Dan at SWs had indicated there may be up to a 3-4 HP gain. Nothing they guarantee and nothing you'd feel of course. But, bonus/aka icing, if you will.

Congrats to the OP.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:40 AM
Bruno Giacomelli
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Not really that interested in just more of the same noise (in fact, I think the exhaust OEM decibel is about right).

I just want a bit more drama.
Makes me think you've not heard it in person on a 991 GT3 and are basing your opinion on videos..if you'd actually heard it live, you'd know it changes tone as well as db level.
For a little more DRAMA, check out The Actor's Studio on PBS.
Old 01-04-2015, 03:16 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 12,100 Likes on 5,261 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruno Giacomelli
Makes me think you've not heard it in person on a 991 GT3 and are basing your opinion on videos..if you'd actually heard it live, you'd know it changes tone as well as db level.
For a little more DRAMA, check out The Actor's Studio on PBS.
I've actually heard it in person. Live, behind the steering wheel and outside the car.

Exhaust tones are personal I suppose. I'm not really here to convince people one way or the other on the OEM exhaust noise/tone or the SW setup, just expressing my personal thoughts on the two types of setups (OEM v SW).

Cheers.

Quick Reply: Yeah, I really hate this car!