Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 GT Silver with LWB and PCCB

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 04:49 PM
987Greg
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, what an awesome thread! First and foremost, a big congratulations to ilGalante - It’s been awesome working with you on this, and your car is truly epic! Between reaching out to us at Porsche of Beachwood for an available GT3 allocation, many calls and emails to work out the final build specs, and continued correspondence throughout the car’s voyage to the dealership, it has been quite a journey but worth every second - And it will only continue to get better!

To those of you who have left such kind and enthusiastic remarks on my photos - Many, many thanks! In addition to the world of Porsche, photography has long been a passion of mine, and having the opportunity to combine the two is (needless to say) pretty awesome. The compliments and positive feedback mean a lot, and have certainly not gone unnoticed. Especially with a car such as this, a few iPhone snapshots would never suffice. I have shared every bit of the owner’s excitement over this car, and did my best to convey that through my photos. If I was the one patiently awaiting this car’s arrival, I wouldn’t want it any other way than to have some compelling photos to hold me over those last several days leading up to delivery!

MileHigh911, mainly (sweet F10 M5!), bronson7, Haku, and any others with a more technical perspective on photography - You’ve pretty much figured it out. For what it’s worth, the photos were all taken with a Canon T3i and the Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 or Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8, then tweaked and touched-up a bit in Lightroom 5. Glad you like the results!

Once again, many thanks and congratulations to ilGalante. I am so glad that both Porsche of Beachwood and I personally have been able to help your vision for the ultimate 911 become a reality. I am sure even bigger and better plans for the GT3 are to come, and can’t wait to see this car continue to take shape!

[Finally, as a bit of a side note - If there is anyone within driving distance of the Cleveland, OH area that would be interested in having their car photographed, please let me know via Direct Message or gcphotography {at} gmail.com It would be great to hear from you!]
Old 01-02-2015, 05:06 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

^ What a lovely response! 987Greg, it makes the ownership experience so much more special when a dealer is as enthusiastic about a car as is the buyer. We all purchase our "toys" for various reasons and driving is of course a prime one. For many of us its as much about the engineering and aesthetics that draws us to a car such as the GT3. I love so many aspects of its design that even when the weather sucks, I can sit in my garage and admire its curves and only imagine why a part was designed in the way it was.

Thank you so much ilGalante for posting the pics and a huge thanks to 987Greg for being able to combine both his passion for Porsche's and photography. Happy 2015!

These are for you ilGalante and 987Greg...sorry mine aren't with PCCB's

Old 01-02-2015, 05:15 PM
SpeeddemonC2
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ilGalante
She arrived at the dealer the day after Christmas! My sales guy at Porsche of Beachwood in Cleveland took these pics. The dealership is installing the GMG RSR roll bar and then she'll be on her way to me in Seattle.
Originally Posted by ilGalante
Thanks for the compliments, everyone. My dealer and my sales guy at Beachwood really did go above and beyond with these photographs. Here are a couple more shots that I received as well, I'll post the cage pics when I get them, too:

Congratulations! Stunning car and photography! Keep them coming!
Old 01-02-2015, 05:16 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

So refreshing to hear such enthusiasm from the sales person. Car is absolutely stunning and the photography truely captures that. Thank you both.
Old 01-03-2015, 12:40 PM
987Greg
Advanced

Originally Posted by Haku
^ What a lovely response! 987Greg, it makes the ownership experience so much more special when a dealer is as enthusiastic about a car as is the buyer. We all purchase our "toys" for various reasons and driving is of course a prime one. For many of us its as much about the engineering and aesthetics that draws us to a car such as the GT3. I love so many aspects of its design that even when the weather sucks, I can sit in my garage and admire its curves and only imagine why a part was designed in the way it was.

Thank you so much ilGalante for posting the pics and a huge thanks to 987Greg for being able to combine both his passion for Porsche's and photography. Happy 2015!

These are for you ilGalante and 987Greg...sorry mine aren't with PCCB's

Great shots Haku, thanks for sharing! Especially love the second one with the placement of the car against a natural background. And I think we'd both agree you can't go wrong with GT Silver + Platinum Satin wheels!

Originally Posted by 911dev
So refreshing to hear such enthusiasm from the sales person. Car is absolutely stunning and the photography truely captures that. Thank you both.
Thanks 911dev, since beginning to work with Porsche it's become clear that there really is "no substitute" - I feel that certainly extends beyond the cars, and applies to the owners and enthusiast community surrounding them!

A few more shots to come in the next day or so...Stay tuned!
Old 01-03-2015, 12:50 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

^ Thank you Greg. I look forward to seeing the pics.
Old 01-03-2015, 03:36 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Keep them coming Boys.
Old 01-03-2015, 07:35 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bronson7
Keep them coming Boys.
For fear of hijacking this thread this'll be it!

Old 01-03-2015, 08:23 PM
Just in time
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

All these pictures are fantastic. The silver color, the calipers and reduced saturation make for epic photos! Congrats! Great job. It takes a proper eye to produce great pictures rather snapshots.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:46 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Haku, should have enough to make a nice calendar pretty soon. Shadows on the car in the last pic are nice. Great work.
Old 01-04-2015, 03:24 PM
seamus
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exquisite photography Haku and 987 Greg. And awesome cars. RL and especially threads like this have made the Feb delivery wait much more exciting. I have learned so much and feel like I have a lot of new friends. Thank you all.
Old 01-04-2015, 03:33 PM
987Greg
Advanced

Haku, more great shots - Awesome work! I know it's more about who's behind the camera than what they're shooting with, but what's your camera/lens setup? Do you do much post-processing work? I also saw a couple more photos of yours over on 6Speed, good stuff!

Originally Posted by bronson7
Haku, should have enough to make a nice calendar pretty soon. Shadows on the car in the last pic are nice. Great work.
Agreed!

Originally Posted by seamus
Exquisite photography Haku and 987 Greg. And awesome cars. RL and especially threads like this have made the Feb delivery wait much more exciting. I have learned so much and feel like I have a lot of new friends. Thank you all.
Thanks - Glad we can help, be sure to share some photos of your car when it comes in!

I finally got through sorting and editing another dozen or so shots of ilGalante's GT3, files were just sent his way - I'll leave it to him to share his favorites from the second shoot, so stay tuned!
Old 01-04-2015, 03:45 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

wow
Old 01-04-2015, 07:07 PM
987Greg
Advanced

Default More Photos!

For future reference/continuity...
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...bar-w-lwb.html
Enjoy!
Old 01-05-2015, 01:40 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 987Greg
Haku, more great shots - Awesome work! I know it's more about who's behind the camera than what they're shooting with, but what's your camera/lens setup? Do you do much post-processing work? I also saw a couple more photos of yours over on 6Speed, good stuff!
Thank you Greg. I'll return the compliment to you for posting your inspiring pics. They are gorgeous.

All the recent pics I've posted have been taken in full manual mode with a full frame Sony A7ii (to which I'm still getting used to) and their FE 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Lens. Today I've started experimenting with the Voigtlander Super Wide-Heliar Aspherical II 15mm f/4.5 Lens. I'm getting very weird results with it and I'll post some pics tomorrow.

I do use Lightroom to make relatively minor adjustments to my pics.

Quick Reply: 2015 GT Silver with LWB and PCCB