Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone seen this one yet....transmission fault

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 10:33 PM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In my old 09C2S first gen PDK, this error would come up when the battery would not hold its charge, or one would forget to put it on the charger.
Old 12-07-2015, 08:42 AM
RFGGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I had the tranny fault occur on the first day of the 3 day PCA instructors and advanced solo weekend at Sebring last month. Lost reverse and odd numbered gears. It was the yellow alert, not the red. did as many of you did shut if off, restarted and ran hard the rest of the weekend with no issue.
Brought it to Suncoast the following Mon. AM and they checked it out and said it was fine. They did say there is a temp. sensor in the PDK that has triggered this yellow fault light before. My coolant level was low, so that might have contributed.
The last comment by the master tech. was if you see the fault again and it will not clear drive it to the shop. If the red transmission fault light comes on , pull over and shutdown even on the track and have the car flat bedded to the shop.
Old 05-09-2016, 04:53 PM
Joe731
Racer

Default RS

I have 6 track days on my RS. Half way through day 6, I got this message and the car went into limp mode. I turned the car on and off several times including removing the key and locking and unlocking it (per a Porsche tech onsite) and the code cleared. Ran two more sessions after the code and all was fine. Interestingly, the session it happened on was not a long or particularly hard one and the temp was only 55 degrees out, so I would be worried if this is a tranny overheat issue as I will run it much harder in hotter conditions.

Car is at the dealer now getting checked out. Will report back
Old 05-16-2016, 11:37 PM
Joe731
Racer

Default final report out ... I hope

Dealer said they believe the codes to be a one time event. They checked with Porsche tech who concurred. No fixes, no adaptations. Just keep driving it.

Fingers crossed.
Old 11-15-2018, 10:48 PM
jmonroy1973
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same issue

I've had this gearbox fault error after a series of random errors. "Start/ Stop disabled, Engine Fault, Gearbox Fault, Sport Mode Disabled." Car drives perfectly with all errors except the Gearbox fault error. Almost got me killed in Houston traffic as it gets stuck in the gear it's in!! Had it towed (3X) After a new battery, all seemed well, then it started again after about 30 miles. Took the car back, reprogrammed transmission control unit, started again right after picking it up. Took the car back for the 4th time to Porsche West Houston. Now they said I need a new PDK transmission!! Got the car back after I said that I'm getting a second opinion. interestingly enough, no issues but after 320 miles, it all started again. Taking it to another shop. I'll keep update after...
Old 11-15-2021, 01:52 PM
Nicole1
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 911 transmission fault

Originally Posted by dsc999
Guys

Was on the track this past Saturday. Two easy warm up laps, started to pick up the pace and 2 laps in this transmission fault came on. Car lost all forward thrust. Would not engage any gear. After recycling the ignition twice, car finally engaged 6th gear and was able to get off the track. At that point it also threw the general check engine light fault. After an hour of cooling down (and waiting for the flatbed), car seemed to act normal. Was able to drive up and down pit lane in 1st and 2d and could engage reverse. I had it transported to dealer anyways...better safe than sorry.

Dealer techs read and cleared codes, checked all electrical connections and eventually found nothing wrong. Documented problem and picked up car yesterday. Seems to be fine.

Any similar experiences with this transmission fault?

I am having the exact problem now. I took it to the repair shop they cleared the codes and couldn’t duplicate the problem a two weeks ago. I dropped it off to the shop today with the same problem , I hope it’s something simple to fix.. did you experienced a problem again?

Quick Reply: Anyone seen this one yet....transmission fault