991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LWB Size

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 07:10 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 421 Likes on 249 Posts
Question LWB Size

Hi

can the LWB Sport Seats coming with ClubSport 6points belt
ordered in different sizes like Small Medium Large XLarge or just one size for all??
Old 12-23-2014, 11:33 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

One size for all!
Old 12-23-2014, 11:52 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Size does matter!
Old 12-23-2014, 12:09 PM
Porsche-Suchtig
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

And it's made for Americans. That is, larger than your average European driver needs.

Last edited by Porsche-Suchtig; 12-23-2014 at 09:32 PM.
Old 12-23-2014, 02:58 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 421 Likes on 249 Posts

So are they worth? They should contain any lateral body shake while turning at high speed left right left right corners
which for european body size ( and most of the best pro drivers body :-) )
does not fit the scope
Old 12-23-2014, 09:26 PM
Porsche-Suchtig
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
So are they worth? They should contain any lateral body shake while turning at high speed left right left right corners
which for european body size ( and most of the best pro drivers body :-) )
does not fit the scope
At the end of the day, racing seats are (IMO) a matter of personal choice. The standard Porsche LWB is a nice seat and it will work well for many people.

IMO, the type of seat should reflect the type of driving you do primarily. Since my GT3 is primarily street driven, I did not get the LWBs. For my body, the LWBs just aren't as comfortable as other Porsche seats. On the other hand, I have them in the 918, because that's what it comes with. They look great and I think they will be fine for a mostly street driven car once I find a lumbar cushion of about the right size.

For a car that is primarily a track car, a properly fitting race seat is a must as it has a significant impact on performance. In this regard, I don't think the one size fits all approach works very well. For ex., the standard Porsche LWBs seem to be designed for someone with about 30 lbs. more in the torso than me (I'm 6'1", 180 lbs). If your build is also more "race car driver-like" (than say "stick and ball player" or "beer belly" ) then, for track use, you will probably benefit from an aftermarket racing seat that fits you better.

FWIW. I still really like the original OMP racing seat in my 997.1 Cup -- more so than the newer seats that come in 991 Cups. The OMP seat in the 997.1 Cup fits me perfectly for racing, but it's not for everyone. It fits very tightly in the hips, which keeps my butt in one spot (to better assess g-loads and slip angles) but would be a PITA in a street car. It's also likely to be too small for guys that weigh much more than 180 lbs or so.

P.S. I'm not saying "stick and ball players" have "beer bellies". I'm just saying those are two (of several different) body types that will probably find the LWBs to be a decent fit for the track.

Quick Reply: LWB Size