Sponsored by:

2014 GT3 owners are special

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 10:16 AM
Jaypod
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by <3mph
Thanks for confirming what I learned from a call in to my SA. Unfortunately, I've been told that the number of Canadian invitees for the Montreal event is very limited and that the majority of GT3 customers will not be able to attend. I was told that cat A cars are being prioritized (and I'm a no go as cat C). While I'm glad the cat A customers are included, I'm disappointed that the entire cohort up here will not be able to go. I sure hope that the Atlanta event is big enough so that all you cat B/C customers in the US fare better.

I was really looking forward to this event, and in my mind it seemed to be the long-awaited good will gesture cat C customers had been promised many months ago in the letters that went out to us.

If anyone hears more info from Canada, please let us all know. Hopefully PCNA will be able to set up another session for Canadian cat B and cat C customers, although truth be told, I would have preferred to have one big old combined event with y'all in the US!
Yes, the note did say it is limited as I think they only run a few courses and that would include the people who are just attending and not just the GT3 owners. For reference I am a Cat B, although I was one of the first to put my deposit down almost 3 years ago at my dealer, when it was time to order I asked to be bumped to March/April Delivery. I doubt that came into play for the invite however. I got the invite early last week (last Tuesday I think).

Agree it would be cool to go down to the Atlanta facility and check it out. I drove by it last year while it was still under construction.
Old 12-24-2014, 10:20 AM
Jaypod
Instructor

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
Hey Jay, so you did not bail on your gt3 like K-man did? Congrats and enjoy the car. Miss you guys!
Hey Max! Yes I took delivery of mine end of August, I was debating walking away as I am impatient but decided to keep it and go ahead since I had been waiting for the car for a couple of years.

Hopefully you can make it out to an event out here one of these days. If I make it out to SF I will let you know.
Old 12-24-2014, 04:43 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Ooo-ooo-ooo......I want something too! Let us know what you get.
False alarm, it was just a nice book on the new Cayenne.....was hoping for some cool GT3 swag!
Old 12-24-2014, 05:20 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx
False alarm, it was just a nice book on the new Cayenne.....was hoping for some cool GT3 swag!
Oh well.....Merry Christmas anyway!
Old 12-24-2014, 06:37 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Oh well.....Merry Christmas anyway!
Thanks Mike, you too!
Old 01-03-2015, 02:30 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Wonder if PCNA will give us the detail about this event after the RS announcement coming up soon in Jan? We should send an email to PCNA requesting RS demo in Atlanta.
Old 01-03-2015, 05:55 PM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
Wonder if PCNA will give us the detail about this event after the RS announcement coming up soon in Jan? We should send an email to PCNA requesting RS demo in Atlanta.
Now wouldn't that be cool !
Old 01-03-2015, 05:58 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

It would be cooler if they just ship one to Sebring so I can post FLATOUT video's in it....

Never gonna happen
Old 01-04-2015, 09:17 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

People should wait a bit - this was merely an email saying "something is coming." Until the actual invites go out, I don't think there's any reason for anyone to call PCNA. All they will likely tell you is that invites haven't even been sent yet.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:19 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sgroer
People should wait a bit - this was merely an email saying "something is coming." Until the actual invites go out, I don't think there's any reason for anyone to call PCNA. All they will likely tell you is that invites haven't even been sent yet.
I wouldn't call. We should all wait especially since this is stated in bold on the invite:

"Additional details and dates will be forthcoming in January. Registration is not open at this time and we respectfully ask that you hold your calls until additional information is available for you."
Old 01-04-2015, 12:32 PM
Motoki
Rennlist Member

I just want to say that invite or no invite I still consider all GT3 owners special people!
Old 01-04-2015, 05:00 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Motoki
I just want to say that invite or no invite I still consider all GT3 owners special people!
For the few thousand around the world that will own one, I would have to agree with you.
Old 03-17-2016, 09:13 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds just like the Porsche 'thank You' event they had last year for owners whose cars were delayed during the stop sale.

'
Old 03-17-2016, 09:33 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

My SM mentioned there will be another event and promised to get me hooked up. Hope its in LA area this time. Did anybody get a new invite this year?
Old 03-17-2016, 09:43 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zucc
Sounds just like the Porsche 'thank You' event they had last year for owners whose cars were delayed during the stop sale. '
LOL, because it was.

Quick Reply: 2014 GT3 owners are special