Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good XPEL installer in Plano, Tx?

Old 12-22-2014, 10:06 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by ranger22
A spray wax just ahead of tracking will help to keep the rubber from sticking. Otherwise, I like mothers racing rubber remover. It really makes the job easy and it hasn't aged (yellowed) my clear bra.
+1
Old 12-22-2014, 11:42 PM
seapar
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
That's the installer's first name. Sorry! Don't know his last name but they all know him as he's the only one they use.
Originally Posted by Jpacione
Sorry, Houston?
With a name like that he should want to do good work or else it's

"Houston, we've got a problem"
Old 12-23-2014, 11:08 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

norm is indeed an artist... but he doesn't use xpel, if I recall correctly
Old 12-24-2014, 03:24 PM
1pvr
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Contact Xpel directly, and likely they will know a good installer. I worked with Adam Millsap to find one in Michigan. He was very helpful.

Email amillsap@xpel.com , phone number 1800-447-9928.

Good luck.
Old 12-25-2014, 01:05 PM
yellow997s
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So if you have made it to this level where you can afford around 100k+, you are not a dumb***. Why would you want to hand over your car to someone who would be doing what you could do yourself, charge you thousands, put blade marks on the paint (if not using kits). I have used them all, no matter what anyone else says, no one can do a better job but you. You can buy the xpel kits for half the price from one of the guys on ebay,learn how to install the kits by buying cheap ones from ebay for practice.
Its really not hard at all, just have to spend time to make it look good. you have all the time you needed to fix your mistakes by keep the sticky side wet, slight heat to the film to help mold, and a good squeegee. I have used all the installers in Texas, they have created this hype that they are doing something close to ART work. My cars either looked ****ty or had blade/heat damage. So I do all my cars myself, I can usually do my hole car in a weekend. When I don't have time, I finish it slowly in a week or so. So my advice would be to do it your self and don't let a installer abuse your car or your pocket.
Old 12-25-2014, 06:56 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by yellow997s
So if you have made it to this level where you can afford around 100k+, you are not a dumb***. Why would you want to hand over your car to someone who would be doing what you could do yourself, charge you thousands, put blade marks on the paint (if not using kits). I have used them all, no matter what anyone else says, no one can do a better job but you. You can buy the xpel kits for half the price from one of the guys on ebay,learn how to install the kits by buying cheap ones from ebay for practice.
Its really not hard at all, just have to spend time to make it look good. you have all the time you needed to fix your mistakes by keep the sticky side wet, slight heat to the film to help mold, and a good squeegee. I have used all the installers in Texas, they have created this hype that they are doing something close to ART work. My cars either looked ****ty or had blade/heat damage. So I do all my cars myself, I can usually do my hole car in a weekend. When I don't have time, I finish it slowly in a week or so. So my advice would be to do it your self and don't let a installer abuse your car or your pocket.
Come do my next car then.
Old 12-25-2014, 07:00 PM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Received 340 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by yellow997s
So if you have made it to this level where you can afford around 100k+, you are not a dumb***. Why would you want to hand over your car to someone who would be doing what you could do yourself, charge you thousands, put blade marks on the paint (if not using kits). I have used them all, no matter what anyone else says, no one can do a better job but you. You can buy the xpel kits for half the price from one of the guys on ebay,learn how to install the kits by buying cheap ones from ebay for practice. Its really not hard at all, just have to spend time to make it look good. you have all the time you needed to fix your mistakes by keep the sticky side wet, slight heat to the film to help mold, and a good squeegee. I have used all the installers in Texas, they have created this hype that they are doing something close to ART work. My cars either looked ****ty or had blade/heat damage. So I do all my cars myself, I can usually do my hole car in a weekend. When I don't have time, I finish it slowly in a week or so. So my advice would be to do it your self and don't let a installer abuse your car or your pocket.
A whole weekend? Sorry, my time is worth more than that.

Norm hasn't harmed my cars and he is so meticulous that most folks argue with me when I tell them that there is a clear bra on my car. Houston is good too, but he has a different business model that doesn't allow for the time norm spends fitting the film so well.
Old 12-25-2014, 07:47 PM
yellow997s
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My RR Wraith took the whole weekend, 911 would be less work.
Old 12-26-2014, 10:09 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ranger22
A whole weekend? Sorry, my time is worth more than that.

Norm hasn't harmed my cars and he is so meticulous that most folks argue with me when I tell them that there is a clear bra on my car. Houston is good too, but he has a different business model that doesn't allow for the time norm spends fitting the film so well.
+1

I do wish Norm used XPEL, but I think the film he uses is very similar
Old 12-26-2014, 06:42 PM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts
Default XPEL in DFW

Originally Posted by Jpacione
My brother in Texas has a 997 Targa, and is looking to put a clear bra on. Anyone know of an excellent installer in the area?
Hello,

Tell your brother to call Kevin at ForceField Paint Shield in Denton, TX.
http://www.forcefieldpaintshield.com
(940) 390-9957

He does excellent work and will make sure the job is done right. He uses our Design Access Program pre-cut pattern software and wraps edges. There is no need to worry about cut marks or a poor installation.

It's important to note that not all films are created equal. XPEL ULTIMATE is backed by a 10 Year Warranty, is self-healing (fine scratches and swirl marks will self-mend from the heat of the sun), and is non-yellowing (stain resistant).

Hope this info helps, let us know if you have any other questions.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Good XPEL installer in Plano, Tx?