Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   "Fart and GO" and how to reach Nirvana !! (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/849615-fart-and-go-and-how-to-reach-nirvana.html)

Conekilr 12-21-2014 01:06 PM

"Fart and GO" and how to reach Nirvana !!

1 Attachment(s)
It was the night before…..No, more like 5:30AM this morning….Having picked up my car yesterday and just driving it around town, I decided to go for an early morning drive to get a better feel for the new sleigh…My wife decided to come with me and so we set out…

The engine got up to temperature in time for the first off ramp. As we got on the off ramp, I decided to give her some gas and in a few short seconds we were in 7th gear (manual shifting) at 230+ kph !! The acceleration was unreal but my wife’s comment was priceless; the first words out of her mouth were “ I think I just peed myself !!” :D. I settled back down to the speed limit for a few minutes before dropping her down to 3rd gear to do another acceleration run, this time a little more aggressive and to 9,000 RPMs !!!, that’s right, I could not resist, this car is evil and all you want to do is go fast !! So much for my planned break in routine of keeping it under 4,000 RPM for the first tank of gas and ramping it up in 1000 RPM increments for each consecutive tank of gas there after. Not to be totally disappointed in myself for having broken my own planned break in procedure, I am very proud of the fact that I managed to hold out for at least the first 40 miles of it’s life before reaching Nirvana which one will attain at 9,000 RPM !! :burnout: We would reach this climatic point several more times during our 2 hour drive in the wee hours of this morning.

It was a very special ride to have my wife along with me and out of this experience, a new phrase was coined by her; “Fart and Go”, her expression for every time I dropped a few gears down to accelerate to pass as I went back up through the gearbox. She just loved how the exhaust would pop (fart) in between shifts and she giggled like a school girl every single time….

I love this car; we love this car and look forward to summer and the road trips we plan on taking together in this beautiful machine. I also look forward to truly experiencing all that it has to offer on the 4-5 track days that we plan to run also in the summer…
We are so blessed to have the opportunity to own these cars, so go out and enjoy them as much as you can and break in procedure be dammed !!

Merry Christmas to you all from both of us !!!

:cheers:

hfm 12-21-2014 01:15 PM

I've been sitting at Starbucks, having a Cup O' Joe and some ginger bread surfing the net for things to do today and possible concerts/events to do with a lady I have the luck to be seeing. Oddly, none of the events I've looked at so far have been all that exciting. Bob Segar maybe. What does that have to do with your post you may ask?

Dan (ended up grinning only after reading Pete's post)

Alan C. 12-21-2014 01:24 PM

Pete,

You did exactly what the rest of us want to do.

Have a Merry Christmas.

<3mph 12-21-2014 01:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey, that's awesome that you and your wife both got the chance to enjoy a great ride this morning. There are a number of spectacular roads driving though Banff, Yoho, etc, where I've spotted brigades of supercars enjoying the twisting, turning roads and gorgeous natural scenery. You live in a wonderful part of the world to drive!

Coincidentally, here's a German off ramp sign. :D

Haku 12-21-2014 01:29 PM

Peter, congratulations on the new car and on having a star of a wife!
I don't know what to say about your new breakin procedure but I'm at 850 miles and haven't yet poked it to 9k! You're an inspiration... so now I'll state that my breakin is over! :burnout:

A very Merry Christmas to you both!

mdkim 12-21-2014 01:56 PM

Great story. Best tree ornament EVER!! Haha.

bronson7 12-21-2014 02:03 PM

Wish I could put one of them on my xmas tree. :burnout:

24Chromium 12-21-2014 02:09 PM

Yep, she's a keeper. And I mean that for both your sleigh and wife.

Red GTS 12-21-2014 02:13 PM

With my car stuck at port, and no chance of getting her for Christmas. I live vicariously thru your experiance. thanks for sharing

Mlbraptor 12-21-2014 02:23 PM

Sounds like ya'll had a great time..

SamFromTX 12-21-2014 02:31 PM

This is so awesome to read. Merry Christmas indeed!

Conekilr 12-21-2014 02:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by hfm (Post 11892999)
I've been sitting at Starbucks, having a Cup O' Joe and some ginger bread surfing the net for things to do today and possible concerts/events to do with a lady I have the luck to be seeing. Oddly, none of the events I've looked at so far have been all that exciting. Bob Segar maybe. What does that have to do with your post you may ask?

Dan (ended up grinning only after reading Pete's post)

Glad that I was able to bring a grin to your face...

Originally Posted by Alan C. (Post 11893013)
Pete,

You did exactly what the rest of us want to do.

Have a Merry Christmas.

.Do it. i promise you will enjoy it...:D

Originally Posted by Haku (Post 11893024)
Peter, congratulations on the new car and on having a star of a wife!
I don't know what to say about your new breakin procedure but I'm at 850 miles and haven't yet poked it to 9k! You're an inspiration... so now I'll state that my breakin is over! :burnout:

A very Merry Christmas to you both!

Happy that I can encourage some bad behaviour ;)

Originally Posted by mdkim (Post 11893073)
Great story. Best tree ornament EVER!! Haha.

I think so too...

Originally Posted by 24Chromium (Post 11893099)
Yep, she's a keeper. And I mean that for both your sleigh and wife.

Yes, I'm a lucky man to have a gal that likes fast cars...

vantage 12-21-2014 02:41 PM

Peter, going with silver wheels on the gulf blue was definitely the right choice. Looks great.

Loess 12-21-2014 02:42 PM

That's great. I'm glad you're not hiding it away in the garage for fear of rocks and what not. Mine spent the first two weeks parked so I'm not going to miss decent driving conditions when I have them.

I've been trying to shift at 4200 but it's very hard. I find it unnatural to shift early with the pdk and really have to focus on that some times.

Conekilr 12-21-2014 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Loess (Post 11893177)
That's great. I'm glad you're not hiding it away in the garage for fear of rocks and what not. Mine spent the first two weeks parked so I'm not going to miss decent driving conditions when I have them.

I've been trying to shift at 4200 but it's very hard. I find it unnatural to shift early with the pdk and really have to focus on that some times.

My car has a full wrap on it but I'm being cautious as to where I drive it will all the gravel on the streets...

Being one to encourage bad behaviour, why punish yourself by imposing such limits...:D A few times every so often will not hurt the car. Just make sure everything is all nice and warm before...:burnout:

:cheers: