Sponsored by:

New Porsche configurator look

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 08:29 PM
john weires
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default New Porsche configurator look

When did Porsche launch the new look on their configurator?
I just noticed it today.
Old 12-20-2014, 08:34 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Don't know exactly. I noticed it 3 or 4 days ago....
Old 12-20-2014, 08:47 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Been about a week here in Canada
Old 12-20-2014, 09:06 PM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

About a week in UK. It's less user friendly but you can maximise the window on a PC, which is an improvement.
Old 12-20-2014, 09:21 PM
red route 1
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by john weires
When did Porsche launch the new look on their configurator?
I just noticed it today.
Looks like the Audi configurator now ... I like it because it's a little (not huge improvements) better than the old one.
Old 12-20-2014, 09:52 PM
mainly
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

still pretty poor though. the color representation of gt silver is horrible. and it still doesnt show the changes in the picture as you make them.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:32 PM
john weires
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Color accuracy is always a problem. Even if it's accurate at the sending end,
most LCD monitors are no where near the 6500 degree Kelvin calibration standard. My monitor lends a fluorescent neon-ish artificial color to everything.
Guards Red looks like a hot house orange-ish tomato! Blacks are turned gray or if close to black there is no shadow detail at all.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:26 AM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Still, some of the games on an xbox look light years ahead of the configurator.
Old 12-21-2014, 01:10 AM
GregJGT3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I see the configurator now shows the GT3 LWB seats as they are delivered currently not as originally represented. Now seat back is solid and stitching has been corrected to actual delivered configuration. Maybe Porsche does pay attention to thus forum...

Still I may plan to have sests re-stitched to look as originally promised/represented.
Old 12-21-2014, 01:10 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

In time for the RS
Old 12-21-2014, 10:18 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by GregJGT3
I see the configurator now shows the GT3 LWB seats as they are delivered currently not as originally represented. Now seat back is solid and stitching has been corrected to actual delivered configuration. Maybe Porsche does pay attention to thus forum...

Still I may plan to have sests re-stitched to look as originally promised/represented.

The Canadian configurator has also changed as I mentioned yesterday, but the LWBS still show the exact same style as previously had shown. Maybe us lucky Canadians will get the better looking ones with the proper stitching, seat back slots and delete little pillow.....NOT, [Oh, how I wish]
Old 12-21-2014, 07:41 PM
GregJGT3
Pro

Originally Posted by bronson7
The Canadian configurator has also changed as I mentioned yesterday, but the LWBS still show the exact same style as previously had shown. Maybe us lucky Canadians will get the better looking ones with the proper stitching, seat back slots and delete little pillow.....NOT, [Oh, how I wish]
Well this is interesting... On the USA configurator, if you use the 360 degree view (old 3D) the LWB seats are the 918 style with the vertical side cutouts in the seat back, more defining stitching to match the 918 and no "pillow." HOWEVER if you use the 2D configurator model the current/delivered LWB seat version is shown, i.e. full back with no cutouts and stitching only on the periphery of the seat back. It is hard to see if there is a "pillow" or not in the 2D configurator. All versions still show the old configuration for the extended leather dash speaker cutout and surrounding stitching (long rectangular cutout instead of the "real" version of a small round hole). Now it is even MORE confusing...
Old 12-21-2014, 07:56 PM
DES GTS
Pro

Received 172 Likes on 107 Posts

There are too many anomalies in the configurator to mention, but a few of them are (a) 2D does not show carbon trim when selected, and (b) neither 2D nor 3D show the sport chrono clock when selected.
Old 12-21-2014, 08:50 PM
GregJGT3
Pro

Originally Posted by DES GTS
There are too many anomalies in the configurator to mention, but a few of them are (a) 2D does not show carbon trim when selected, and (b) neither 2D nor 3D show the sport chrono clock when selected.
Yep. Though at least these are errors by omission instead of misrepresentation. It is one thing to not show the option item at all, however there is a disclaimer that advises that not all options show in the 2D configurator model. However to show a completely different iteration of the option to that delivered ( not to mention 2 different looks for the same option) is throuoghly misleading and confusing.
Old 12-21-2014, 09:07 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by GregJGT3
Yep. Though at least these are errors by omission instead of misrepresentation. It is one thing to not show the option item at all, however there is a disclaimer that advises that not all options show in the 2D configurator model. However to show a completely different iteration of the option to that delivered ( not to mention 2 different looks for the same option) is throuoghly misleading and confusing.

Ditto... totally agree. I'm still pissed about the buckets.

Quick Reply: New Porsche configurator look