Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   First LWB with harness installed driver and passenger (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/849413-first-lwb-with-harness-installed-driver-and-passenger.html)

montoya 12-20-2014 12:47 AM

First LWB with harness installed driver and passenger

Who's it going to be?

Sorry for the tease- but the other LWB thread has "ahem" lost the thread on this issue, so post your effort to get the harness installed here. My car is inbound and due first or second week of Jan. This is my first priority.

Right now nobody seems to have the skills to lift the passenger bucket cushion or look underneath the seat with a mirror to see if there is a slot for the pass through harness in the shell. C'mon guys who have the seats already help us out...

orthojoe 12-20-2014 12:50 AM

I predict it will be one of the cars on glovis companion. ;-)

montoya 12-20-2014 01:06 AM

^Looks like it! With you, Mooty and I you know one of us will have it in within the first two weeks. My harness is in a box in my garage, I need to order the cage.

Mech33 12-20-2014 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by montoya (Post 11890093)
Right now nobody seems to have the skills to lift the passenger bucket cushion or look underneath the seat with a mirror to see if there is a slot for the pass through harness in the shell. C'mon guys who have the seats already help us out...

Seriously!

orthojoe 12-20-2014 01:13 AM

Lol. My cage is in a batch order with Mooty. Belts should be here soon enough. The question will be how to best mount the antisub belts to the floor.

mooty 12-20-2014 01:27 AM

we walk the walk. lmao
harness I think I got so many of them I trip over them

I just need aft ander boat and have cantrell speed it up on roll bars.

wheels and hoosiers here alreay. actually three months ago BEFORE I ordered the car lol

montoya 12-20-2014 01:42 AM

Details on the Cantrell bar, bolt in?

orthojoe 12-20-2014 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by montoya (Post 11890172)
Details on the Cantrell bar, bolt in?

Bolt in. Well made. Supposedly no winching and muscling to fit.

rockitman 12-20-2014 02:04 AM

It sounds like it's going to be a pain in the arse for the passenger side. I was going to do it for my car coming in January but since I will trade it for an RS if I'm lucky, I am going to hold off on a Rollbar and harnesses to keep the car stock for better trade in.

mooty 12-20-2014 02:57 AM

likely trade RS. but will add bar to benefit the next owner.

if the next owner finds roll bar bothersome, maybe he should just drive a prius.... lol

Red Dawg 12-20-2014 10:14 AM

My GT Silver with LWB just landed in Nashua, but still waiting for reply from GMG Jerry as to when roll bar will be shipped.....

Mooty, which wheels and size Hoosiers?

Thanks!

NateOZ 12-20-2014 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by rockitman (Post 11890200)
It sounds like it's going to be a pain in the arse for the passenger side. I was going to do it for my car coming in January but since I will trade it for an RS if I'm lucky, I am going to hold off on a Rollbar and harnesses to keep the car stock for better trade in.

I've not ordered mine yet either - if the press embargo is truly Jan 12 for the RS I won't bother with it in the GT3.

I did have the shop I work with look at the passenger seat while it was in there a few weeks ago.

They have 3 solutions they're working on. They think they can probably source something from Europe, but failing that they'll look at cutting the seat which will depend on the type of airbag sensor used. If it's a ribbon sensor, they have an approach to modify the seat slightly that they've used with success before in adding a 6 pt harness to 18-way seats.

Won't take it back in for this work until after Detroit, but we've got a plan of attack at least.

jimmermd 12-20-2014 05:37 PM

The drivers seat has a slot in the cushion and a corresponding hole in the seat. My hand can pass through the cushion, through the seat bottom, and touch carpet. No harness bar, but there is the regular seat track mechanical.
The passenger seat cushion does not have a hole, but the whole unit is secured with Velcro around the periphery, and looks to be interchangeable with the driver's slotted cushion. I cannot feel a hole in the seat bottom. There is a large plug just ahead of the cushion seam underneath the seat.

mooty 12-21-2014 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 11890514)
My GT Silver with LWB just landed in Nashua, but still waiting for reply from GMG Jerry as to when roll bar will be shipped.....

Mooty, which wheels and size Hoosiers?

Thanks!

19" BBS
i dont have the tire size here.

Mech33 12-21-2014 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by jimmermd (Post 11891370)
The drivers seat has a slot in the cushion and a corresponding hole in the seat. My hand can pass through the cushion, through the seat bottom, and touch carpet. No harness bar, but there is the regular seat track mechanical.
The passenger seat cushion does not have a hole, but the whole unit is secured with Velcro around the periphery, and looks to be interchangeable with the driver's slotted cushion. I cannot feel a hole in the seat bottom. There is a large plug just ahead of the cushion seam underneath the seat.

That's good info, thanks. Can you remove the driver and passenger cushions and snap some pictures of the top of the seat frames?