Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ESC + TC failure + disengage clutch wont work.

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 03:15 AM
Toprpm
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ESC + TC failure (FIXED)

Dear All

Of sudden after i had my car washed in ADNOC (patrol station) automatic washing done. i got this Massage.

i tried clicking the buttons and none working now TC or ESC. also accelerated at 1st gear and it spined wheels so hard . so this clearly tell me i have no TC or ESC working.

Yet another issues raised. after this appeared. my two puddle to disengage clutch isn't working. pulling both many time in manual or D did nothing.

I seek your thoughts.

Last edited by Toprpm; 12-23-2014 at 05:29 PM.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:31 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

That's a failure of the traction control and stability control systems. Since it happened after washing the car,I suspect water got to the traction control module,ABS system and/or one of the wheel ABS sensors. The computer automatically disabled the traction control and stability control and it's the reason why they're lit up.
See if they go away after completing a drive cycle and/or shutting it off and back on. There will be some specific manufacturer DTCs set in the computer's memory. Having a factory scan tool like the PIWIS can actually pinpoint to the faulty component. A trip to the dealer is a good idea.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:48 AM
Toprpm
Advanced

Originally Posted by neanicu
That's a failure of the traction control and stability control systems. Since it happened after washing the car,I suspect water got to the traction control module,ABS system and/or one of the wheel ABS sensors. The computer automatically disabled the traction control and stability control and it's the reason why they're lit up.
See if they go away after completing a drive cycle and/or shutting it off and back on. There will be some specific manufacturer DTCs set in the computer's memory. Having a factory scan tool like the PIWIS can actually pinpoint to the faulty component. A trip to the dealer is a good idea.
I did drive it for hall day, and this is 2nd day. so its seems a dealer is a must. any thoughts on both puddles issue ?
Old 12-19-2014, 04:14 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

I had similar issue with my old Cayman, and after a car wash. A friend of mine suggested to disconnect the battery for 5 minutes. After I reconnected the battery the error was gone and everything went back to normal. Not sure if this would resolve the issue buth worth a shot.
Not sure about the paddles but could be related to the error. Good luck, and please keep us posted with the outcome. Mark
Old 12-19-2014, 05:48 AM
Toprpm
Advanced

Just connected ODB scan, and it gave P0004 code.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:32 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Toprpm
Just connected ODB scan, and it gave P0004 code.
A quick search on that code gave me a Fuel Volume Regulator Control Circuit High. I don't think it's related to your problem. That's because P0004 is an universal mandatory OBD2 related code. It's probably the scanner you've used...most likely it can't read manufacturer related DTCs. You need the Porsche PIWIS.
I wouldn't disconnect the battery because you might erase the fault but there's a chance it can come right back if it's a hard fault,or in the future. Best to take it in and have it checked by your local Porsche dealer. You'll make the technician's life easier by leaving the fault registered in the PCM,rather than having him chasing his tail.

Just my 2 c...
Old 12-19-2014, 07:36 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

I did drive it for hall day, and this is 2nd day. so its seems a dealer is a must. any thoughts on both puddles issue ?
The problem with the paddles not disengaging the clutches is related to your traction control and stability control failures. The computer knows they are not working so it doesn't want you to disengage the clutches also,which could potentially send you into a spin without the proper operation of the traction and stability control.

Last edited by neanicu; 12-19-2014 at 07:52 AM.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:57 AM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts

Thoughts? Dealer.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:38 AM
Toprpm
Advanced

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
Since your first traction control button isn't working use the second one, the right pedal. Lol.

Sad joke

Go to the dealer and not the forum. They will fix for you and worst case they need to order a part and you're out a car a week or so.

All of us can speculate but in the end this will not be a fix it at home remedy. A trip to the dealer is necessary.
Its 2 days off here. So dealer will be available tomorrow. Also getting errors after a wash, which used to have. Get fixed by it self later when dryed.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:31 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Its 2 days off here. So dealer will be available tomorrow. Also getting errors after a wash, which used to have. Get fixed by it self later when dryed.
How many times in two days have you turned the car on and off? On my 996tt I remember being told that certain errors that may be random would shut off after 10 cycles. I had a CEL come up not too long ago on my 996, and after a few days, it went out. It hasn't come back, and no message was stored.
Old 12-19-2014, 01:22 PM
Toprpm
Advanced

Originally Posted by doubleurx
How many times in two days have you turned the car on and off? On my 996tt I remember being told that certain errors that may be random would shut off after 10 cycles. I had a CEL come up not too long ago on my 996, and after a few days, it went out. It hasn't come back, and no message was stored.
Its way more than 10 cycle
Old 12-19-2014, 01:49 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Its way more than 10 cycle
Keep us posted.
Old 12-19-2014, 02:52 PM
Money2536
Race Car

Received 228 Likes on 74 Posts

I just got the same message today after putting the car on the dyno. Error went away after about 5 miles of driving.
Old 12-19-2014, 04:37 PM
gt3spark
Track Day

I would venture to say it's ABS / wheel speed sensor related in some way, since they're most susceptible to outside influence so to speak. The TC / ECS systems all use wheel speed to determine left / right vs front / back wheel speed difference, plus vehicle speed, pedal input, steering angle and yaw sensors to determine what's going on, and if it needs to step in. If any of them stop working or are providing corrupt data, the system will shut down and display faults. The clutch disengage also needs to know vehicle versus wheel speeds to operate correctly, so would also make sense it stopped working.

Same with being on the dyno. The car is confused about what it's seeing basically, and shuts down until it sees consistent info and then reactivates once the systems continue to operate as normal over x number of checks.

Good luck with the remedy, curious to see the result.
Old 12-19-2014, 04:44 PM
Dude-
Pro

Had this problem on week one or two. It went away after a restart. Reappeared a few more times within a week and have not seen it since.

Quick Reply: ESC + TC failure + disengage clutch wont work.