Sponsored by:

2016 GT3 RS Allocation secured

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 05:13 PM
alaint101
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rockitman
No one has a secured allocation. The # of allocation(s) for each dealer won't be made official until after the car is officially announced.
That's not true. I heard Pinocchio tell a mermaid this morning that my 4-yr old deposit guarantees me one also even if I'm in the US.

How do I know it's true?

The nose knows...
Old 12-16-2014, 05:24 PM
cingulus
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats...I can't imagine how they can top the GT3, but I am sure it we set a threshold for performance
Old 12-16-2014, 05:47 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,134 Likes on 2,892 Posts

Originally Posted by cingulus
congrats...I can't imagine how they can top the GT3, but I am sure it we set a threshold for performance
There is a product road map within Porsche that is carefully calculated to produce incremental performance improvements for every model built for subsequent iterations. It may seem a little cynical, but Porsche plans for each model to be superceded - that's how they get current owners to buy new models (and keep up with the competition, in most cases). New facelift after 4 years of a new generation and a brand new generation every 7 years.

As for the RS outgunning the GT3, this is a foregone conclusion and supposedly the gap from GT3 to the RS is the widest ever with the 991 generation.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:42 PM
karimgt3
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LSs1Power
Strange, well I have paid the money and got a paper for it saying GT3 RS!
I tried few months ago and they told me not yet. So them accepting a payment now means something changed, no?

By the way, I'm not in the US so maybe that has something to do with it.
Where in the middle east are you if you dont mind me asking?

karim
Old 12-16-2014, 10:51 PM
KenU
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Clocked
Per the COO of PNA, the GT3RS non 918 buyers will be sometime in the first or second quarter for release and order.
^THIS!
Old 12-16-2014, 11:04 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,465 Likes on 764 Posts

This is a fact - there will be RS allocations outside of the 918 allotments(no kidding). The larger Dealers know they will get some but will probably be half of what their GT3 allocations were. The small Dealers may never get a "whiff". I am not surprised that some with very good relations here can get a slot. I do not think this is a big deal or anything to worry about. I bet that most with good relations will get their wish at MSRP. They will make just enough to satisfy a small/preferred group. The General Mangers at these Dealerships will be the key this safe.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:01 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 667 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
Congrats....your dealer definitely knows more than any other dealer out there ....I've secured an RS allocation also.....Santa told me so
Lol. Definitely some "fun" and "interesting" RS threads on RL lately.
Old 12-17-2014, 12:06 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Waiting for the actual launch of the RS and opening up of allocations is almost as exciting as the revealing of the LWB's......hang on, I did say almost as exciting....
Old 12-17-2014, 12:26 AM
LSs1Power
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by karimgt3
Where in the middle east are you if you dont mind me asking?

karim
Saudi Arabia
Old 12-17-2014, 07:31 AM
UAEGT3
Racer

Originally Posted by doubleurx
Wait, has something changed? I don't believe any allocations have been released, considering the car has not been officially released by Porsche. Unless you already have a 918, nothing is set. I think your dealer is full of it. 918 owners get first dibs, and if they all want one, no RS for you or anyone else. Hopefully I'm wrong!
I think its true. I was at our dealer in the UAE. We have 2. Ali and Sons serves the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and Al-Naboodah who serves Dubai and northern Emirates.

Ali and sons is getting 6 cars and Al-Naboodah is getting 10. So a total of 16 cars for the UAE market. No one here mentioned 918 owners get first dibs at least in the UAE......and truely i dont know how true is that or where it came from.....possible just form rumors.

So dealers I think know how many they are getting, I understand why they will keep the info away especially in the USA given how they gouged u guys with above MSRP pricing on the GT3. I expect the same will happen to the RS for u guys.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:39 AM
UAEGT3
Racer

I see what u guys are saying about allocations and what not. It might not always apply to different markets.

The dealership cant spec/configure one for you, as u guys said it not even announced. Car announced(spec, hp.........media stuff) is different than them knowing how many they will get. So in our case they know they are getting 16, so you can go to ur dealer and put a deposit to secure your spot for one of those 16 cars. But u cant configure anything yet since it doesnt show on the system.

Porsche Middle East (equivalent to PNA) is the one that told them how many they are getting, for us this meeting occurred last week.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:57 AM
LSs1Power
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Great to hear that in UAE they are doing the same thing. Allocation is assigned to Dealers (# of cars to the country). We have SAMACO as the only Porsche Dealer within the Country. The process I was told is as follows:
1. Pay $$ to reserve an allocation. Anyone who comes after the first 7 allocations will be on a waiting list in case anyone drops.
2. Expect a call around April/May to choose the options and colors as well as paying another 25% of the car price.
3. Receive the car around Sept/Oct and pay the rest of the price.

Nothing about having 918 first to be eligible for a GT3RS. Maybe they do that in the US market because of the large demand on the GT3RS and not having enough cars allocated.
Old 12-17-2014, 08:21 AM
UAEGT3
Racer

Great to hear that in UAE they are doing the same thing. Allocation is assigned to Dealers (# of cars to the country). We have SAMACO as the only Porsche Dealer within the Country. The process I was told is as follows:
1. Pay $$ to reserve an allocation. Anyone who comes after the first 7 allocations will be on a waiting list in case anyone drops.
2. Expect a call around April/May to choose the options and colors as well as paying another 25% of the car price.

Nothing about having 918 first to be eligible for a GT3RS. Maybe they do that in the US market because of the large demand on the GT3RS and not having enough cars allocated.
Exactly, different markets require different tactics to sell and promote. In the USA dealers/PNA might truly not know how many they will get or might know but cant tell. Otherwise u will have an over night iRS lineup outside their door.

Last edited by UAEGT3; 12-17-2014 at 08:54 AM.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:06 AM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry everyone, but the info is no different anywhere in world...yes PAG most likely told the distributors how many they are ESTIMATED to receive for specific region but it doesn't change the fact that build slots don't exist in Porsche system. Yes many are probably going to get one but as many have said, until a commision number is provided we are still in same situation.
Old 12-17-2014, 09:44 AM
Dan39
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UAEGT3
I see what u guys are saying about allocations and what not. It might not always apply to different markets.

The dealership cant spec/configure one for you, as u guys said it not even announced. Car announced(spec, hp.........media stuff) is different than them knowing how many they will get. So in our case they know they are getting 16, so you can go to ur dealer and put a deposit to secure your spot for one of those 16 cars. But u cant configure anything yet since it doesnt show on the system.

Porsche Middle East (equivalent to PNA) is the one that told them how many they are getting, for us this meeting occurred last week.
The Middle East was well ahead of the curve on the GT3 news re deliveries...

So, you're getting 16 cars for UAE? How does that compare to GT3 allocations in numbers?

Thx

Quick Reply: 2016 GT3 RS Allocation secured