Sponsored by:

ATTN: Sapphire Blue GT3 Fans

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 03:00 PM
Gt3Fan
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts
Thumbs up ATTN: Sapphire Blue GT3 Fans

Long story short(I fill in the details and much better pics shortly) I went in last night to my local Porsche dealer and left with this beautiful Sapphire blue GT3. I had an upcoming allocation but was getting inpatient, and actually had shifted my color choice from white to this sweet looking blue. These are just phone pics and I'll post much better ones shortly, including all the options ect. To say I'm ecstatic, is an understatement!!
Attached Images     
Old 12-05-2014, 03:03 PM
hughp3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Fantastic and great taste (I have the same color on a ship right now). Congrats!
Old 12-05-2014, 03:12 PM
ZZinger
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks soo good, congrats!
Old 12-05-2014, 04:09 PM
jwalton
Pro

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

looks Outstanding. Mine in same color finished being built today! Cant wait!! Jon in Delaware
Old 12-05-2014, 04:19 PM
seamus
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gt3Fan
Long story short(I fill in the details and much better pics shortly) I went in last night to my local Porsche dealer and left with this beautiful Sapphire blue GT3. I had an upcoming allocation but was getting inpatient, and actually had shifted my color choice from white to this sweet looking blue. These are just phone pics and I'll post much better ones shortly, including all the options ect. To say I'm ecstatic, is an understatement!!
Beautiful car. Congratulations. Mine is set for Feb delivery in SBM and I love seeing pics of others.
Old 12-05-2014, 04:21 PM
Money2536
Race Car

Received 228 Likes on 74 Posts

Same thing happened to me. Was going white, then the Blue showed up! Enjoy it!
Old 12-05-2014, 04:52 PM
seapar
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice. Still waiting for my blue one being transported to PNW after coming off the BESS along with jon70, NateOz.
Old 12-05-2014, 04:52 PM
shawsan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sinister and slick, that's what I think when I see your pictures. Congrats, lovely
color.

Amazing how this stunning, metallic blue has now become popular among so many, when blue was largely a peculiar owner preference, then hard to sell to 2nd hand.. White seems to dominate preferences, but this sapphire blue is clearly up and coming. Reminds me of the cliche regarding 1st owners of ferrari's that they just have to have red, whereas vintage f. owners gravitate to other colors.

I'm a blue fanatic and thus am squarely in your camp. I have a one-off Maserati blue mediterranean 458 Italia which I can't imagine departing with, and will be welcoming a sapphire blue 991 GT3 in about 4 weeks. They'll be like twins in the garage and, I suspect, very similar on the track, the only difference being the beauty queen (my 458) will be sun-tanning a lot (after many track days), whereas my Gt3 will be put through track day boot camp for years to come.
Old 12-05-2014, 04:53 PM
Rovman
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats, she is beautiful.
Old 12-05-2014, 05:15 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Like it lots. SB with the PCCB's looks great.
Old 12-05-2014, 05:34 PM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 9 Posts

Sweet! Such an awesome color. Enjoy!
Old 12-05-2014, 05:57 PM
deutschmick
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 73 Posts

She's a beauty!
Old 12-05-2014, 06:20 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

That's surely a beauty! Congratulations
Old 12-05-2014, 06:27 PM
Gt3Fan
Racer

Default Some more shots

Interior shot and brakes. Much more to come.
Attached Images     
Old 12-05-2014, 06:37 PM
Gt3Fan
Racer

Originally Posted by hughp3
Fantastic and great taste (I have the same color on a ship right now). Congrats!
Originally Posted by ZZinger
Looks soo good, congrats!
Originally Posted by jwalton
looks Outstanding. Mine in same color finished being built today! Cant wait!! Jon in Delaware
Originally Posted by seamus
Beautiful car. Congratulations. Mine is set for Feb delivery in SBM and I love seeing pics of others.
Appreciated gents, super excited, as this is my first GT3 and only second porsche I've owned. Traded in the 981 Boxster S, which I absolutely loved and can't say enough great things about. But it was time to make the leap!

Originally Posted by Money2536
Same thing happened to me. Was going white, then the Blue showed up! Enjoy it!
I had a upcoming allocation and I was going to go white but this blue really caught my eye, when someone on here poster their pictures. I usually don't like bright colors, well I like to see others driving them, but I don't care for the extra attention. Regardless, this beast is getting major attention no matter what color, so I when our hear my nearest dealership had one in blue sapphire, I needed to seat person. Someone on this forum suggested, that the pictures that another poster posted, look better than the actual blue in real life. I had to see for myself. And what I instantly concluded, was the pictures, actually don't do this amazing color justice! It was love at first sight, especially having the blue in the interior, giving it an extra pop, along with the guards red seat belts and LED headlights.

Originally Posted by seapar
Very nice. Still waiting for my blue one being transported to PNW after coming off the BESS along with jon70, NateOz.
I admire you holding it together, the excitement must be unbearable!

Originally Posted by shawsan
Sinister and slick, that's what I think when I see your pictures. Congrats, lovely
color.

Amazing how this stunning, metallic blue has now become popular among so many, when blue was largely a peculiar owner preference, then hard to sell to 2nd hand.. White seems to dominate preferences, but this sapphire blue is clearly up and coming. Reminds me of the cliche regarding 1st owners of ferrari's that they just have to have red, whereas vintage f. owners gravitate to other colors.

I'm a blue fanatic and thus am squarely in your camp. I have a one-off Maserati blue mediterranean 458 Italia which I can't imagine departing with, and will be welcoming a sapphire blue 991 GT3 in about 4 weeks. They'll be like twins in the garage and, I suspect, very similar on the track, the only difference being the beauty queen (my 458) will be sun-tanning a lot (after many track days), whereas my Gt3 will be put through track day boot camp for years to come.
Very well said. I'm a blue fan as well, but the darker blues, I find, don't always show the lines of the car. While this blue, pops, while still be classy and elegant. Huge fan of the 458 as well, what a pair you will have. Look forward to your pictures

Originally Posted by Rovman
Congrats, she is beautiful.
Originally Posted by bronson7
Like it lots. SB with the PCCB's looks great.
Originally Posted by Lodi
Sweet! Such an awesome color. Enjoy!
Originally Posted by deutschmick
She's a beauty!
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning
That's surely a beauty! Congratulations
Thank you all, still can't wipe the grin off my face, after just getting back from a three hour country drive. Life is good

Quick Reply: ATTN: Sapphire Blue GT3 Fans