991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

Save Chris Harris

Old 12-05-2014, 12:28 AM
hfm
User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Save Chris Harris

Remember Ferris Bueller? Well, this guy left Drive, sold a car to fund his project and went on his own with a buddy who I think helps film. He's got no corporate sponsorship and is basically on his own without great expectation of earnings from YouTube absent ridiculous number of views that will be unlikely for quite some time. I did something very similar recently leaving a large firm then starting a partnership and, after butting heads with an *** of a partner, moved on as a sole practitioner. So, besides the loving cars thing, I feel like we share something in common. And, he makes the best car enthusiast videos on YouTube short of well sponsored stuff you see from Evo and MotorTrend. Heck, he was with Evo.

I've sponsored $2.00 per month via Paypal. I would have done a buck but, I'm on my second glass of wine and felt generous. Actually, I figure that's $24 bucks for the year and I made that from posting the blend mount link elsewhere. So, it's a wash and a good donation for something that entertains me. If you got some loose change and find his videos entertaining, here's the sponsor link.

http://www.patreon.com/user?u=401656

Feel free to donate more than me. I'm cheap.

Dan (didn't support Drive but supports monkey)
Old 12-05-2014, 12:37 AM
H82BL8
User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe he could sell his GT3 RS 4.0. He would profit a bundle to be able to fund a Star Wars movie.
Old 12-05-2014, 12:38 AM
hfm
User

Originally Posted by H82BL8 View Post
Maybe he could sell his GT3 RS 4.0. He would profit a bundle to be able to fund a Star Wars movie.
Selling that for a mediocre old Ferrari tells you he doesn't always make the wisest decisions.
Old 12-05-2014, 12:40 AM
H82BL8
User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh....that's right he did sell and bought a F car.
Ok now I get it...save Chris
Old 12-05-2014, 01:26 AM
Fowwiee
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Support!
Old 12-05-2014, 01:36 AM
Macca
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hfm View Post
Remember Ferris Bueller? Well, this guy left Drive, sold a car to fund his project and went on his own with a buddy who I think helps film. He's got no corporate sponsorship and is basically on his own without great expectation of earnings from YouTube absent ridiculous number of views that will be unlikely for quite some time. I did something very similar recently leaving a large firm then starting a partnership and, after butting heads with an *** of a partner, moved on as a sole practitioner. So, besides the loving cars thing, I feel like we share something in common. And, he makes the best car enthusiast videos on YouTube short of well sponsored stuff you see from Evo and MotorTrend. Heck, he was with Evo.

I've sponsored $2.00 per month via Paypal. I would have done a buck but, I'm on my second glass of wine and felt generous. Actually, I figure that's $24 bucks for the year and I made that from posting the blend mount link elsewhere. So, it's a wash and a good donation for something that entertains me. If you got some loose change and find his videos entertaining, here's the sponsor link.

http://www.patreon.com/user?u=401656

Feel free to donate more than me. I'm cheap.

Dan (didn't support Drive but supports monkey)
Dan. Well written and I agree with your ethos. Im going to follow your example. I think along with JB hes my favourite motor scribe out there today...
Old 12-05-2014, 01:42 AM
Dostler
User

Heck, he deserves a commission on my car. My SA (while a good guy) did less to sell me that car then Chris Harris did.

I'm in.
Old 12-05-2014, 01:58 AM
Macca
Addict
Rennlist Member

If you have 10 minutes read this true story he wrote. Its just had me in stitches all afternoon...

http://jalopnik.com/a-ferrari-a-pors...ium=socialflow
Old 12-05-2014, 02:16 AM
Gleek48
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca View Post
If you have 10 minutes read this true story he wrote. Its just had me in stitches all afternoon...

http://jalopnik.com/a-ferrari-a-pors...ium=socialflow

This article killed me. Couldn't control my laughing.
Old 12-05-2014, 02:21 AM
tcsracing1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

he should have a membership on youtube or something?
Paypal even?
Old 12-05-2014, 02:24 AM
CAlexio
Super User

Received 35 Likes on 9 Posts

I left that jalopnik article for tonight during bed time... Something which is difficult for me to do as I'm an avid jalopnik fan boy (so much so that my license plate reads "JALOPNK"). Glad I did as it requires some peace and quiet to enjoy fully.. The kind of quiet one only finds in the echo-y office, If you know where I mean. Glad I read this story In such an "a-propose" situation.

I had donated/subscribed to drive+, what happened to that endeavor anyway, is it still around?? I can do the same for Chris, but is he hurting for money?. the funny reality is that chris really does sell more cars than anyone who is actually paid to do it.good on you chris.

And why does he hop around so much.autocar, then.. Evo, then pistonheads, now jalopnik.. Is he tough to work with?
Old 12-05-2014, 02:33 AM
kon5t
User

Having met him on more than one occasion, when he was racing/track-daying at the Nuerburgring a few years back, and him coming away as a complete arrogant ****, it is not likely he will ever see a penny from me.

Someone should tell him that just because he is a jurno, he has no right to ask anyone to "move it", out of their pit lane, just because he is writing an article, or thinks he is some kind of god. in fact a quick reminder that manners cost nothing, and threatening people really doesn't work either in the public domain would go a long way. This type of entitlement pisses me off all day long, and he almost got a slap for it at the time, him and his two bit rent-a-friends. An opportunity I sadly missed, but will make sure to catch up on next time.

BTW, he also ran out of fuel two times that day, whilst on track, causing 30+ minute track closures for everyone concerned. Did he apologize when I pulled him over about it at Pistenklause that night? No, he told me to **** off. Apparently karma is a bitch that just keeps on giving.

I find it funny and laudable that he is not having money issues, and will make sure all the forums are aware of his previous behaviour.
Old 12-05-2014, 03:00 AM
hfm
User

Originally Posted by kon5t View Post
Having met him on more than one occasion, when he was racing/track-daying at the Nuerburgring a few years back, and him coming away as a complete arrogant ****, it is not likely he will ever see a penny from me.

Someone should tell him that just because he is a jurno, he has no right to ask anyone to "move it", out of their pit lane, just because he is writing an article, or thinks he is some kind of god. in fact a quick reminder that manners cost nothing, and threatening people really doesn't work either in the public domain would go a long way. This type of entitlement pisses me off all day long, and he almost got a slap for it at the time, him and his two bit rent-a-friends. An opportunity I sadly missed, but will make sure to catch up on next time.

BTW, he also ran out of fuel two times that day, whilst on track, causing 30+ minute track closures for everyone concerned. Did he apologize when I pulled him over about it at Pistenklause that night? No, he told me to **** off. Apparently karma is a bitch that just keeps on giving.

I find it funny and laudable that he is not having money issues, and will make sure all the forums are aware of his previous behaviour.
You know, that post really left a bad taste. For a moment, I questioned whether there was any truth to it. Especially since Chris seems like a pretty down-to-earth, likable kind of guy.

So, I clicked the button that allows one to view other posts by a forum member. And, I viewed your past posts. I won't comment about overall negativity other than to say that the post you made above sounds a lot like this one.

https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-a...l#post11812452

You're entitled to your opinion. But, like the stories I read above and enjoyed, opinions are like arseholes, everyone has got one. Some contain leaks better than others.
Old 12-05-2014, 03:02 AM
kon5t
User

Originally Posted by hfm View Post
You know, that post really left a bad taste. For a moment, I questioned whether there was any truth to it. Especially since Chris seems like a pretty down-to-earth, likable kind of guy.

So, I clicked the button that allows one to view other posts by a forum member. And, I viewed your past posts. I won't comment about overall negativity other than to say that the post you made above sounds a lot like this one.

https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-a...l#post11812452

You're entitled to your opinion. But, like the stories I read above, opinions are like arseholes, everyone has got one. Some contain leaks better than others.

BTW, you must have really searched for that post. It is of course easy to quote one previous post and attempt to paint that as the personality of the person posting it, despite the many other posts which are not negatively biased.

sorry mate, but apparently I have been around a bit more than you, I cannot help you think, I can only give you the facts.

However, your normalcy bias does not change the facts, Harris was there and so was I. He was being a ****, and that is reflected in my comments.

Last edited by kon5t; 12-05-2014 at 03:18 AM.
Old 12-05-2014, 03:07 AM
hfm
User

Originally Posted by kon5t View Post
sorry mate, but apparently I have been around a bit more than you, I cannot help you think, I can only give you the facts.

However, your normalcy bias does not change the facts, Harris was there and so was I. He was being a ****, and that is reflected in my comments.
Look, if you want to start an I hate Chris Harris thread, be my guest. I'd appreciate your leaving this one be. Thank you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Save Chris Harris

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: