Sponsored by:

Cantrell Motorsports roll bar

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 03:56 PM
Colin - Cantrell Motorsports
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cantrell roll bar

Thanks for you're interest in our 991 bolt in roll bars. I will try to answer all of your questions.
Key features:
- 1.75" .095 chromoly tubing.
- Total weight 45 pounds.
- Fixture tig welded design insures a perfect fit into the vehicle. No winching or pulling, guaranteed.
- We incorporated the oem side reinforcement plates into our design. This is a Cantrell exclusive and sets our bars apart from the rest. You remove your oem plates and install our modified units. Your oem plates get shipped back to us for core exchange.
- No main hoop mounting to threaded seat belt holes. Our bar is far more robust.
- minimal carpet and trim modifications needed. (See pics)
- powder coating included.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:02 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it would be nice to see one in a GT3. The rear seat backs on the 991 obscure the strut mount area where cutting on the rug shelf is required. Are we sure the interior mount spec for a standard 991 is the same as a GT3 ?
Old 11-28-2014, 04:25 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rockitman
it would be nice to see one in a GT3. The rear seat backs on the 991 obscure the strut mount area where cutting on the rug shelf is required. Are we sure the interior mount spec for a standard 991 is the same as a GT3 ?
It's the exact same mounting.

Cantrell Motorsports 991 GT3 bolt in roll bar.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:29 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Colin - Cantrell Motorsports

It's the exact same mounting.

Cantrell Motorsports 991 GT3 bolt in roll bar.
Thank you for that. How does the front hoop connect if not at the seat belt floor mount points ? Drilling/welding a plate required ?
Old 11-28-2014, 04:45 PM
Intermediate

Thank you for that. How does the front hoop connect if not at the seat belt floor mount points ? Drilling/welding a plate required ?
The main hoop mounts to the oem steel structural support that spans the width of the car. Each side has a removable mount that we modify to accept our bar. See previous pics.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:50 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for you're interest in our 991 bolt in roll bars. I will try to answer all of your questions.
Key features:
- 1.75" .095 chromoly tubing.
- Total weight 45 pounds.
- Fixture tig welded design insures a perfect fit into the vehicle. No winching or pulling, guaranteed.
- We incorporated the oem side reinforcement plates into our design. This is a Cantrell exclusive and sets our bars apart from the rest. You remove your oem plates and install our modified units. Your oem plates get shipped back to us for core exchange.
- No main hoop mounting to threaded seat belt holes. Our bar is far more robust.
- minimal carpet and trim modifications needed. (See pics)
- powder coating included.
Thanks for your post. Does your X bar restrict the OEM seats from moving all the way back? Have you had any installs in a 991 GT3 with the GT2 bucket seats? I am 6'5" and need the room.
Old 11-28-2014, 05:00 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
Thanks for your post. Does your X bar restrict the OEM seats from moving all the way back? Have you had any installs in a 991 GT3 with the GT2 bucket seats? I am 6'5" and need the room.
No problem. We made sure that the oem seat or any seat for that matter had full travel. There are no restrictions because of the location of the main hoop. We know that all seats including the Oem GT2 seats, racing buckets etc work.
Old 11-28-2014, 05:04 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

The main hoop mounts to the oem steel structural support that spans the width of the car. Each side has a removable mount that we modify to accept our bar. See previous pics.
Okay, I see that where the seat belt winder is in the side/floor area. How does your mounting bit connect there ? do you drill and thread a hole for the mount or does it already exist ? Are there detailed instructions on how to do that when a car can't be brought to Cantrell for installation ?
Old 11-28-2014, 05:17 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Is a group buy possible? Definitely interested.

Ryan
Old 11-28-2014, 05:18 PM
Intermediate

Okay, I see that where the seat belt winder is in the side/floor area. How does your mounting bit connect there ? do you drill and thread a hole for the mount or does it already exist ? Are there detailed instructions on how to do that when a car can't be brought to Cantrell for installation ?
That pic is sideways. The seatbelt retractor is on the side wall. The entire black piece you see bolted on is what gets replaced. We remove and modify the oem side mounts and weld on a roll bar connector. You ship us your oem un-modified mounts for a core exchange.
Old 11-28-2014, 05:25 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

That pic is sideways. The seatbelt retractor is on the side wall. The entire black piece you see bolted on is what gets replaced. We remove and modify the oem side mounts and weld on a roll bar connector. You ship us your oem un-modified mounts for a core exchange.
That's you for that. Once you modify the front mount that I send to you, can this bar be installed by one person or are two needed to flex it in place for bolt alignment ect ?
Old 11-28-2014, 05:36 PM
Intermediate

That's you for that. Once you modify the front mount that I send to you, can this bar be installed by one person or are two needed to flex it in place for bolt alignment ect ?
To clarify, we ship you a complete roll bar with the modified mounts ready to install. You ship us your un-modified ones and we refund your core charge. You may want someone to help get it in the car but one guy installs it at our shop. No flexing needed
Detailed instructions are included.
Old 11-28-2014, 05:42 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

To clarify, we ship you a complete roll bar with the modified mounts ready to install. You ship us your un-modified ones and we refund your core charge. You may want someone to help get it in the car but one guy installs it at our shop. No flexing needed
Detailed instructions are included.
Thanks Colin. It appears that the front hoop sits a bit farther back from the helmet/head than the bars I see that affix to the seat belt mount hole. That might be advantageous to the taller driver like myself at 6'7".
Old 11-28-2014, 07:44 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

These Cantrell bars look amazingly done. Excellent work! Honestly I wish there was a way to put 5 or 6-point belts in the car for track use with the LWBs without having to add a roll bar, but if that's the only way to go, then I'll probably go with the Cantrell solution.

Any Black Friday or group buy pricing on these for GT3 preppers?
Old 11-28-2014, 08:29 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mech33
These Cantrell bars look amazingly done. Excellent work! Honestly I wish there was a way to put 5 or 6-point belts in the car for track use with the LWBs without having to add a roll bar, but if that's the only way to go, then I'll probably go with the Cantrell solution. Any Black Friday or group buy pricing on these for GT3 preppers?

Thanks. We've worked hard to make sure these bars are a step above although you will probably see others incorporate our designs. We've seen it happen before.
A roll bar is always the safest and really should be the only option when deciding to use a 5 or 6 point harness. Being held in without roll over protection is a bad idea for obvious reasons.
Because of the sheer expense of these bars I don't think a group buy is possible at this time. I would do it if I could.

Quick Reply: Cantrell Motorsports roll bar