Sponsored by:

Porsche GT3 there is no substitute

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 08:37 PM
H82BL8
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Fowwiee
But there will also be things in the C2S/GTS that you can't get on the GT3. Manual being the biggest one.
Ok, say price being equal.....which would you take
c2s manual trans.
gts 991
gts SUV
Old 11-22-2014, 09:19 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sportscentury
Sorry, but no matter how you spec the C2S/GTS, it won't be *close* to the GT3 in several critical ways (e.g., PDK-S, rear-axle steering, speed, styling ... and these are just a few off the top of my head).
Totally agree!!! I really believe the GT3 buyers are a different breed than those who buy the C2S/GTS.
Old 11-23-2014, 05:19 AM
Dlff
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

saw a video review of the C4 GTS by Autocar. GTS is created to fill the void between the 991 S & the GT3. If you start loading up the GTS with options which most ppl do. You start to encroach into the GT3's price region. End of the day IMHO give me a GT3 anytime any day over the GTS. Cheers mate!
Old 11-23-2014, 08:00 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,080 Likes on 1,005 Posts

After driving the PDK-S and if I had a choice of the manual the choice would be the PDK. It's an unbelievable piece of machinery.

Enjoyed my C2S but not even close to the GT3 with looks and fun factor. GTS IMO is a beefed up C2S, and would rather have 50th anniversary for the long term value/
Looks.
Old 11-23-2014, 12:07 PM
Cyrek
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

Having had the 50 year which is essentially a GTS and moving into the GT3 I can say the differences are significant. The Gt3 is much more of a hot rod and a bit less of a DD OR GT car. You can also configure your GTS wIth tons(no pun) options, roofs, stereos, wheels, etc which is very nice, and when I first got the 50 I told myself I'd order a GTS when they came out and configure the perfect GT car. Well, I'm over that now because I'm addicted to the all powerful wild side of the GT3. My 50 year car was split personality which woke up above 5k, and had all the comforts of home, but my GT3 is angry and scary fast. Never driven a CGT or a 918 but IMO my gt3 is the best sports car and Porsche I've ever driven and I now find everything else anticlimactic. You have to drive PDKS to understand how radically different it is and I know a bunch of you guys have. For me the Speciale is the only other car I'd like to have at this time, but if I could only have one I'd take the GT3.
Old 11-23-2014, 12:23 PM
H82BL8
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyrek
Having had the 50 year which is essentially a GTS and moving into the GT3 I can say the differences are significant. The Gt3 is much more of a hot rod and a bit less of a DD OR GT car. You can also configure your GTS wIth tons(no pun) options, roofs, stereos, wheels, etc which is very nice, and when I first got the 50 I told myself I'd order a GTS when they came out and configure the perfect GT car. Well, I'm over that now because I'm addicted to the all powerful wild side of the GT3. My 50 year car was split personality which woke up above 5k, and had all the comforts of home, but my GT3 is angry and scary fast. Never driven a CGT or a 918 but IMO my gt3 is the best sports car and Porsche I've ever driven and I now find everything else anticlimactic. You have to drive PDKS to understand how radically different it is and I know a bunch of you guys have. For me the Speciale is the only other car I'd like to have at this time, but if I could only have one I'd take the GT3.

This is my point.
now with that being said...
Compare the GT3 and price point to any other car avail.
Yes, the corvette is a car that has value for the money, but it is not as capable all round.
PS I was considering a new Zo6... the wife said "you will have to get a gold chain and a toupee, and I wont ride in it"......so see what I mean "not capable all round"
Old 11-23-2014, 01:18 PM
mrm 930
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Love the new GTS - optioned one out and was $10K over a GT3 - WTF!

I have a new 991S and the lease is up next May - so I need another daily. After trading in the M5 on the 991 - I thought that I would go back to a sedan. However after driving the new 991 as a daily - I am going to stay in the 911 family. So a GT3 for me is perfect for a daily. Just buy it and keep it.

I bought a 08 GT3 RS from Jon, who posted above, and is a great car. So, a GT3 really speaks to me.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:40 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
Great minds think alike I have a cayenne GTS too. It just pulled my boat out of the water for the winter. I don't think my GT3 could handle that. Lol
Nice boat..Nice SUV
Since the '13,'14 Cayenne GTS's are the last of the NA V-8's, I am keeping mine for a long time.
Old 11-23-2014, 03:59 PM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rockitman
TT is the daily drivers choice...hard rain no problem with awd...it has a more comfort driven interior...quiter, better stereo, ect. My Cayenne GTS is my daily errand, practicality vehicle....GT3 is my mistress.
Hmmmm any RWD car will do fine in heavy rain. Not sure why raining makes you unable to drive? Now if you said snow, it would have made slightly more sense. But again with snow tires, RWD is fine too.

I would know, I drove both a 13 GT500 and ZR1 in all types of weather.

Originally Posted by sportscentury
Sorry, but no matter how you spec the C2S/GTS, it won't be *close* to the GT3 in several critical ways (e.g., PDK-S, rear-axle steering, speed, styling ... and these are just a few off the top of my head).
+1. The OP didn't make much sense. You have to option the hell out of a C2S to get it to the base price of a GT3. My GTS build is 131k with pretty much everything a 135k C2S has and more with the exception of deviated stitching and colored gauges.
Old 11-23-2014, 04:00 PM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mrm 930
Love the new GTS - optioned one out and was $10K over a GT3 - WTF!

I have a new 991S and the lease is up next May - so I need another daily. After trading in the M5 on the 991 - I thought that I would go back to a sedan. However after driving the new 991 as a daily - I am going to stay in the 911 family. So a GT3 for me is perfect for a daily. Just buy it and keep it.

I bought a 08 GT3 RS from Jon, who posted above, and is a great car. So, a GT3 really speaks to me.
What did you put on the GTS that made it 140k? Plus no one is getting a base 130k GT3.

The true price of a GT3 is around 140-155k.
Old 11-23-2014, 04:34 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 152 Posts

You can option any 911 to the moon.

Quick Reply: Porsche GT3 there is no substitute