Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hot Off The Press

Old 11-21-2014, 11:13 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Hot Off The Press

Just off the phone with Lisa at PCNA. She did confirm that PAG has told them, orders will be filled until the end of Feb/15 for now and have not yet committed to stopping production. More importantly, I asked about PTS being mine is a Feb. production and she said PTS can be placed 100% but I would NOT get the car until 2016. It sounds to me that PAG will still be making GT3's well into next year.
Old 11-21-2014, 12:40 PM
CodeRed
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That is very interesting, since all the dealers locally say no more open allocations. Does that mean more will be showing up soon?
Old 11-21-2014, 01:36 PM
PcarFL
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i do not believe the OP is has correct information... If so, kiss the value of the GT 3 goodbye. Maybe Lisa was speaking of th bucket cars that have been delayed in production bc of supply?
Old 11-21-2014, 01:42 PM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 129 Posts

Even after the stop sale the GT3 is a great moneymaker. There's no reason to end production so early like we were being told by dealers. Dealers will do anything or say anything do sell cars and creating a run on GT3's is always a good thing.
Old 11-21-2014, 01:57 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
mine is a Feb. production... but I would NOT get the car until 2016
Any explanation given for why a feb 2015 production car would not be delivered until almost a year later in 2016? Seems excessively long to me. Even my slow car will arrive "only" 3 mo after production completes. I'd check that info again.
Old 11-21-2014, 01:59 PM
GT TREE
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

If that's the case, I'm out! Main reason ordering one was for exclusivity. Hope this is not true.
Old 11-21-2014, 02:37 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by <3mph
Any explanation given for why a feb 2015 production car would not be delivered until almost a year later in 2016? Seems excessively long to me. Even my slow car will arrive "only" 3 mo after production completes. I'd check that info again.
Agreed, unless of course PAG is pre-planning another stop sale ha ha. I think they are trying to say the builds will be end of 2015 as 2016 model year cars and won't arrive until 2016. As far as Feb 2015 builds go, if these are new allocations you would have thought they would be in dealers inventory system at this point that's why I'm not buying it and it doesn't match up with info I've been provided.

Last edited by sccchiii; 11-21-2014 at 04:13 PM.
Old 11-21-2014, 03:12 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by PcarFL
i do not believe the OP is has correct information.
I just spoke with my dealer who once again contacted Porsche about both production and PTS. According to what he was just told, PTS is no longer available and production ends with existing December allocations. In other words, there will be no more PTS and no more allocations.
Old 11-21-2014, 03:24 PM
Scorponok
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 42 Posts

Doesn't surprise me. Makes no sense to end production after only 2 years, of which 1 (or just less than 1) was ruined.

Also there is plenty of supply out there despite what everyone seems to think. There is 2 or 3 available here in NYC and 4 by me in DC. What does that tell you?
Old 11-21-2014, 03:31 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
Just off the phone with Lisa at PCNA. She did confirm that PAG has told them, orders will be filled until the end of Feb/15 for now and have not yet committed to stopping production. More importantly, I asked about PTS being mine is a Feb. production and she said PTS can be placed 100% but I would NOT get the car until 2016. It sounds to me that PAG will still be making GT3's well into next year.
Originally Posted by sportscentury
I just spoke with my dealer who once again contacted Porsche about both production and PTS. According to what he was just told, PTS is no longer available and production ends with existing December allocations. In other words, there will be no more PTS and no more allocations.
No disrespect to you gentleman as you are obviously just passing on what you were told (thank you), but as with almost everything else we've ever heard at some point about this car, we once again have info that's 180 degrees apart. It seems the only people at Porsche who really know what's going on, aren't talking.
Old 11-21-2014, 03:33 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by k997
Doesn't surprise me. Makes no sense to end production after only 2 years, of which 1 (or just less than 1) was ruined.

Also there is plenty of supply out there despite what everyone seems to think. There is 2 or 3 available here in NYC and 4 by me in DC. What does that tell you?
Are these sitting on the lots? or listed on their websites?
Old 11-21-2014, 03:39 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GT TREE
If that's the case, I'm out! Main reason ordering one was for exclusivity. Hope this is not true.
I ordered one for it's performance/looks. Exclusivity will be the realm of the RS if that is your primary objective.
Old 11-21-2014, 03:40 PM
Scorponok
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 42 Posts

I know of two that are sitting on lots and the others are en-route without any owners. Lots of people seemed to have placed orders and backed out for some reason.

Extremely tempting for me as I really want one but have committed to next year, not this year.

Trying to remain strong!
Old 11-21-2014, 03:48 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,727 Likes on 4,760 Posts

I bought one because I want to be able to iron my shirts after driving my car.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/844859-steam-from-front-while-driving.html

Old 11-21-2014, 03:59 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
No disrespect to you gentleman as you are obviously just passing on what you were told (thank you), but as with almost everything else we've ever heard at some point about this car, we once again have info that's 180 degrees apart. It seems the only people at Porsche who really know what's going on, aren't talking.
I don't disagree with you. I'm not naive enough to think that only my dealer has the correct info. I stick by my post from the sister thread:

Originally Posted by sportscentury

I have little idea what to believe at this point.
With this said, if PTS is still available and/or production is not stopping, then we do know one thing: There has been a whopping number of misleading communications and threads regarding these two issues.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hot Off The Press