Sponsored by:

GT3 RS allocations

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 10:04 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Not time to roll over just yet. The 4.0 is being done to homologate a new DFI motor for 2016 RSR.
That is a fantastic outcome if it is indeed the case (which I have no reason to believe it will not be). Fingers crossed then that there is at least one more NA gen GT3 left in the bag for me (assumes base GT3 Gen 2 will use same 4.0L architecture)!
Old 11-21-2014, 10:10 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Nate. Im always jealous of the state side car prices. Id live in a trailor park and own a 458 SP, 991 GT3, 1M, M2, C 63 AMG. I would have to find a new wife but I hear the girls over there like our antipodean accents and with the left over change from the cars I can afford to spend many a night at the Bada Bing even if being "kiwi" or the flash cars dont pull me through ;-)
Old 11-21-2014, 10:13 AM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 610 Likes on 295 Posts

I'm not willing to publicly say who but I was floated one supposedly "guaranteed" #2 at a Midwest dealer at 10k over 3 days ago.
Old 11-21-2014, 10:36 AM
mmuller
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
I hear you Macca, that's part of why I change cars so often over here. As an Australian living in the US it shocks me how low the cost of car ownership is here. It's not even the upfront cost, but the total cost of ownership is stupidly low. I pay $100/year for registration per car, servicing costs and insurance are nothing. Gas is about half the price.

Then I get the tax credit back on the trade value when I change cars. I've gone from keeping a car for years in Australia to having purchased 3 cars in the last 12 months alone. My GT3 will make it 4 cars if it arrives before the month is out.

One day I'll head back to Australia and probably bring back a RHD 911 with me to enjoy. I can register a RHD car over here for a year, then bring it in the country tax free.
+1 for another Aussie living in the US and loving car buying. It took a few years for me to fully wrap my head around it after so many years living back home and getting raped on cars. Now I have 4 x GT3's (2 x are RS's) an M3, a Boxster race car, a 2014 GTS Cayenne and that's just the interesting cars. I find myself presented with a problem I never envisaged in all my live. That is having to move to a new house to get a bigger garage so I can buy more.

My brother visited my last year for the first time in the 14 years I have been living here. He went home in pure disgust at how match he has to pay for his 'special' HSV Holden's.

Last year I made the decision I would not return to Australia to live again and to become a U.S. Citizen. It was something I had for longest time said I would never do as I was an Australian and planned to return. As life progressed and I adopted my new home, I found myself identifying more with the American way of life including the ability to own the cars I want. We went home to visit earlier in the and it solidified my position that I could never return. Whilst I love the country, I cannot in good faith return to a lifestyle dictated by what you can afford, not what you choose to enjoy.

Back on topic, as a current 997 GT3RS owner (one being a 4.0) I hope that allocations will still be available once it's available. I cautiously viewing the activity on the 991 based cars before I jump in on a new RS and would like to actually see one and drive one before I commit to a spot for one. Quite frankly, the new Hellcat Challenger is more interesting to me right now than a new GT3RS.
Old 11-21-2014, 10:36 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Nate. Im always jealous of the state side car prices. Id live in a trailor park and own a 458 SP, 991 GT3, 1M, M2, C 63 AMG. I would have to find a new wife but I hear the girls over there like our antipodean accents and with the left over change from the cars I can afford to spend many a night at the Bada Bing even if being "kiwi" or the flash cars dont pull me through ;-)

Hilarious!!
Old 11-21-2014, 11:27 AM
Porsche-Suchtig
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Clocked
Gt3 racer. I thought the VIPs program for 918 customers they have to offer every new production car to these customers. Curious, what if you called them and said per the terms of me spending $1 million, you have to provide me the car to buy. Am I wrong in what Porsche "sold" as part of the 918?
Ok I got an answer from Porsche on this question. On limited production vehicles VIPs can buy every single one of them, leaving none for the rest of the buying public. In addition, if there are more VIPs interested than there are vehicles to be produced, then some VIPs won't get one. For example, if there were say 500 RS models being produced (a made up number for my illustration) and 600 VIPs want one, then 100 VIPs will be SOL.

All that said we still don't know if the RS is gong to be a limited production model or not. If not, then the VIP issue may be completely irrelevant (except with regard to timing of delivery).

Last edited by Porsche-Suchtig; 11-21-2014 at 01:23 PM.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:29 AM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Dude-
If you want one you'll get one. It's a matter of time. Like the 991 gt3 allocations, it will catch up in the end. unless it specifically states that it is a limited production they will make just enough for everyone. Just my opinion.
100% agreed.

Originally Posted by 9972RS
I could've sworn Porsche made more of the 997.2rs than the gt3 variant.
3.8 RS + 4.0 RS > 3.8, in terms of total production
Old 11-21-2014, 12:35 PM
Just in time
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Any details on the new engine? Is it a 9a1 variant? Larger displacement or is it a new 8 cylinder engine altogether ? I assume flat but it begs the question if anyone had heard anything different. I also assume it will be NA because at 4.0 with forced induction I would expect a lot more than the 500 hp figure being quoted. Anything out there?
Old 11-21-2014, 02:45 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 152 Posts

I'm glad I don't want one. I didn't like my '11 that much. 130K plus whatever is good deal on a GT3. Mine was 140.

200k for a RS?
Old 11-21-2014, 04:17 PM
Zeus
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

-deleted-

Wasn't there a 'Delete' post button at one time?
Old 11-21-2014, 04:18 PM
Zeus
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gravity
Porsche rep was in town and showing sales staff pics of the new rs as well as info allocations etc. just happened to be in the right area at the right time. It looks like a pure gt3. But a little wider with more rear haunch. An enormous wing and the turbo air vents on the haunch. There are more vents on the front and it's very aggressive looking with a wider lip the pics I saw were in black which makes the car look very sinister and very aggressive. As far as I saw buckets of course and logos on the seats but very limited view of the interior. After I asked the rep as to cost. Very very vague. Maybe sales guys know more. But the bulls*** figures I got were substantially higher than a gt3. Like 60 to 80 k higher. And again I repeat. Bulls***!figures a lot of speculation was bandied about but in canada I would not be surprised to see a list of quarter million tricked out. Again. Pure speculation based on conversations with a man who may not want to divulge anything accurate. However the pics are real and very awesome car.
Did you see what kind of rims it had? Were they the GT3's design, the 918's Magnesium rims, or the rims from a Turbo S such as in the photo below of the RS mules from last winter?
Old 11-21-2014, 07:30 PM
Porsche-Suchtig
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
GM told me that was true for the GT3 but not so for the RS. Hype or truth, don't know.
I have it from a good source within a certain German car company that there will be less than 500 RS for sale in the US. However, there are fewer than 300 US 918 owners, and not all 918 owners will buy the RS. So at least 200 non-VIPs, and likely quite a few more, should get RS's from their dealers.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:47 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
GREAT!!!!!!!!

This tells me in Austrailia they think America is just one big episode of the Sporanos.

lol
And you gotta problem with that tough guy??

Old 11-21-2014, 07:58 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
GREAT!!!!!!!!

This tells me in Austrailia they think America is just one big episode of the Sporanos.

lol

Its not true. We also think your beer is crap!

:-)
Old 11-21-2014, 08:23 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Macca
Its not true. We also think your beer is crap!

:-)

You guys don't mess around down under ...

Quick Reply: GT3 RS allocations