Sponsored by:

GT3 RS allocations

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 08:22 PM
Gravity
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
You can't just tease us like that tell us more now lol!!!
Porsche rep was in town and showing sales staff pics of the new rs as well as info allocations etc. just happened to be in the right area at the right time. It looks like a pure gt3. But a little wider with more rear haunch. An enormous wing and the turbo air vents on the haunch. There are more vents on the front and it's very aggressive looking with a wider lip the pics I saw were in black which makes the car look very sinister and very aggressive. As far as I saw buckets of course and logos on the seats but very limited view of the interior. After I asked the rep as to cost. Very very vague. Maybe sales guys know more. But the bulls*** figures I got were substantially higher than a gt3. Like 60 to 80 k higher. And again I repeat. Bulls***!figures a lot of speculation was bandied about but in canada I would not be surprised to see a list of quarter million tricked out. Again. Pure speculation based on conversations with a man who may not want to divulge anything accurate. However the pics are real and very awesome car.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:26 PM
Gravity
Instructor

You can't just tease us like that tell us more now lol!!!
A lot of the early photos of the car on the ring etc are really not to far off the actual look but the front end is mor ???? Gaping. Larger vents and the rear is definitely on steroids. More haunch and the turbo vents. There will be absolutely no problem distinguishing a gt3 from an rs. There are the same but wildly different. Does that make sense?
Old 11-20-2014, 08:29 PM
Gravity
Instructor

Was also told allocations were extremely tight. And all cars were spoken for. Now that might just be sale bs. Or the truth but he made a convincing argument. Again. I must state this is somewhat pure speculation. My views as I was led down a garden path
Old 11-20-2014, 09:06 PM
Blkdsr12
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Was by my dealer today, too. He had some pictures of the Loch Ness Monster. You could tell they were real...not old internet pictures. Pretty awesome!
Old 11-20-2014, 10:00 PM
Dude-
Pro

If you want one you'll get one. It's a matter of time. Like the 991 gt3 allocations, it will catch up in the end. unless it specifically states that it is a limited production they will make just enough for everyone. Just my opinion.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:22 PM
Scorponok
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Dude-
If you want one you'll get one. It's a matter of time. Like the 991 gt3 allocations, it will catch up in the end. unless it specifically states that it is a limited production they will make just enough for everyone. Just my opinion.
Exactly.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:23 PM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gt3 racer. I thought the VIPs program for 918 customers they have to offer every new production car to these customers.

Curious, what if you called them and said per the terms of me spending $1 million, you have to provide me the car to buy.

Am I wrong in what Porsche "sold" as part of the 918?
Old 11-20-2014, 11:08 PM
Porsche-Suchtig
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Clocked
Gt3 racer. I thought the VIPs program for 918 customers they have to offer every new production car to these customers.

Curious, what if you called them and said per the terms of me spending $1 million, you have to provide me the car to buy.

Am I wrong in what Porsche "sold" as part of the 918?
I'm not sure exactly what they mean by "offer". Does that mean that they have offer it to all VIPs, but can limit the actual production to the first X VIPs that place an order? Or does it mean that they will build up to 918 of any model if all 918 owners want one?

On the Panamera Exclusive, the guy that finally called me back said he would see if he could get one from another region (like maybe there were people overseas who hadn't completed their paperwork for the order yet?) But I told him not to worry about it, and didn't press the issue at all, since I wasn't really interested in one.

Based on the company's assertion that they are only going to build 100, I assume that the 101st 918 owner to place an order will be SOL. But who knows for sure.

P.S. If I am old I can't get an RS, then I will press them much, much harder.
Old 11-21-2014, 12:29 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lot's of talk about the RS on here, all very interesting, but I also agree, the ones who want one will get them. I'm meeting with my SA tomorrow. Will report any worthy updates. Canadian market might be just a bit different though, certainly many fewer total cars for Canada vs U.S.
Old 11-21-2014, 02:29 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

1st in line, yours for a million dollars
Old 11-21-2014, 09:32 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,726 Likes on 914 Posts

PAG allocated US 500. PCNA requested 600. Whether it gets adjusted is up in the air. 918 buyers have first dibs. This all applies to first year allocation. There will almost certainly be a second.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:37 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I wish I could help in providing some inside information on the 991 GT3RS like I was able with the 991 GT3 but truth be told I kind of burnt my bridges there with the GT3 World Wide Action Group thingy....

The only thing that has been confirmed to me is that the Minichamps model and the press picture on the presentation box sleeve is indeed accurate and true to the final production car. I have no direct confirmation the engine is 4.0L however a few I trust here including our administrator Bob have been told this is so so I have no doubt it is true. It does concern me if it is 4.0L as I personally believe this signals the near end of the NA GT3. They really leave little on the table for gen 2. They did not do this for Gen 1 + 2 997 GT3 nor Gen 1 +2 996 GT3 so why increase the capacity now within a generation cycle unless they choose to move to a forced induction platform in the future. It may explain why we are yet to see a GT2/RS. Perhaps that is all we have left to look forward to now.

In terms of numbers and allocations I have no knowledge but feel that they will probably make over 1500 units world wide.

I was also told 991 GT3 would end before 28 Feb 2015. I was never told it would end by 31 December but that became something the NA dealers indicated. I think they may have pushed cease production forward and now have a seat supplier issue so may have pushed it out again. Regardless like the engines I suspect they will build the cars well before Feb and fit the seats and finalise the production V numbers once the buckets arrive. They did this in Oct 2013 when the 991 GT3 had a "stop production" (we never found out why many said PDK additional cooler etc). Obviously it happened again after March 2014.

I still retain an firm slot for one of these cars but increasingly feel the car is not for me. The price alone at my pay grade would spoil the fun on track (remember Down under we pay alot more for these cars than in the States). I love the orange but the overall design is OTT for me, will get alot of attention and in real terms will not be practical for the touring between tracks and adventures my wife and I do in our 991 GT3. In short the 991 GT3 more than satisfies my needs. I think it will be a great car and in todays bubble market will probably become a cult classic out of the box but too many will end up with speculators and investors. This behaviour is for me affecting my enjoyment of the brand.

If I were spending 200-210K USD on a 991 GT3RS (which I have no doubt this car will cost once a few must have options are selected then state tax etc) I have to confess I would personally pony up the difference for a base 458 Speciale and buy what I know is last of breed for NA v8 engine. It may be fractionally slower around the Ring but the 458 Sp has soul IMO. Im a Porsche guy and have never owned a Ferrari (the 458 Sp is over 450K USD here!).

The honest reality is I don't want anything quicker, more automated, heavier, larger or more expensive than my GT3. I think Im finished playing the game. Everything up until the 458 SP and 991 GT3 is as much as I can realistically enjoy. My future purchase will likely be a used 458 SP in 3-4 years when they have depreciated but before they become a collectable!
Old 11-21-2014, 09:42 AM
Hothonda
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

I agree!

Unless those dashboards say "1of 500" and so on then the end number is simply ? And everyone who "needs" one will get one.

LOL and just like a disclaimer at the end of a commercial "prices may vary".
Similar to this - shows how "special" your bank account was....

Old 11-21-2014, 09:42 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,726 Likes on 914 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
It does concern me if it is 4.0L as I personally believe this signals the near end of the NA GT3.
Not time to roll over just yet. The 4.0 is being done to homologate a new DFI motor for 2016 RSR.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:59 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
If I were spending 200-210K USD on a 991 GT3RS (which I have no doubt this car will cost once a few must have options are selected then state tax etc) I have to confess I would personally pony up the difference for a base 458 Speciale and buy what I know is last of breed for NA v8 engine. It may be fractionally slower around the Ring but the 458 Sp has soul IMO. Im a Porsche guy and have never owned a Ferrari (the 458 Sp is over 450K USD here!).
I hear you Macca, that's part of why I change cars so often over here. As an Australian living in the US it shocks me how low the cost of car ownership is here. It's not even the upfront cost, but the total cost of ownership is stupidly low. I pay $100/year for registration per car, servicing costs and insurance are nothing. Gas is about half the price.

Then I get the tax credit back on the trade value when I change cars. I've gone from keeping a car for years in Australia to having purchased 3 cars in the last 12 months alone. My GT3 will make it 4 cars if it arrives before the month is out.

One day I'll head back to Australia and probably bring back a RHD 911 with me to enjoy. I can register a RHD car over here for a year, then bring it in the country tax free.

Quick Reply: GT3 RS allocations