Sponsored by:

LA Auto Show Porsche Event

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 05:57 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by GregJGT3
I went to the LA auto Show yesterday to look at the 918 seats. I have them spec'ed for my GT3 and was concerned about the fit as they are not adjustable. After an extended sit in them I am very excited about having them in the GT3. Fit was perfect for me (5'10" 175 lb) with the seat back slightly pinching-in very comfortably at the back just outside my lat. muscles. Seat bottom will probably "bottom-out" during a lengthy drive as my previous GT3 seats in a former 997 Turbo. Fore/aft adjustment is manual with very fine adjustment possible as the "teeth" of the rack are very close together so I don't perceive that a problem. The electric adjustment of the seat height is done by a switch at the front, on the side of the seat. I did run it up and down several times and my feeling is that it moves the seat a little forward at the same time it is going up so further refinement of the fore aft positions may be possible there. It however does not change the rake of the seat angle itself. The seat "angle" is a bit upright. The seat appears to be bolted to the seat rails via bolts as seen in the GT3 seat, so there may be room to change seat angle by adapting/modifying the existing method of fastening it down to the base - a job for Techart or some aftermarket company??

My big surprise was seeing the Mercedes Benz touted 911 killer, the AMG GT and GTS:

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/future...20gt%20s|pmt|b

Impressive car, smaller than the SLS, bi-turbo power, HP GT=456, GTS= 503 good for 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. Styling mostly AMG SLS in the front 2/3 (no gullwing doors) and the back of the car looks like a Jaguar E-Type, Porsche 928 and a Porsche Panamara had a kid together... Interesting, and I am sure a competent car, BUT I am a 911 guy and this is not in the same league - appears as a boulevard cruiser.
Do they have a 918 open for everyone to sit in that has the same seats as optional on the GT3? If so I may need to make the trek down there.
Old 11-23-2014, 06:01 PM
GregJGT3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

^^ The opportunity was a unique one and they were not allowing anyone to sit in the car otherwise and the car was behind a glass enclosure so you cannot get up next to it. You might try having your dealer/SA contact the Porsche Exclusive people who are located in LA to see if they can arrange the opportunity.

Quick Reply: LA Auto Show Porsche Event