Sponsored by:

Leather interior vs. standard interior.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 07:58 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Zucc
The leather package includes alcantara a pillars, very nice.

Sweet
Old 11-17-2014, 08:31 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Received 309 Likes on 154 Posts

I ordered leather, and GLAD I did....
Old 11-17-2014, 11:07 PM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 9 Posts

Full leather here! Added, console, steering column, dash and seat backs with red stitching I know it doesn't make the car go faster but it sure makes it feel nice when you are inside. I missed the sun visors somehow. The vinyl ones are awful. I'm going to try to find some that are not outrageous. Leather it up. You won't be sorry!
Old 11-17-2014, 11:17 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lodi
Full leather here! Added, console, steering column, dash and seat backs with red stitching I know it doesn't make the car go faster but it sure makes it feel nice when you are inside. I missed the sun visors somehow. The vinyl ones are awful. I'm going to try to find some that are not outrageous. Leather it up. You won't be sorry!
I bet that looks amazing. Let's see some pics!
Old 11-17-2014, 11:39 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Lodi
Any way of taking a pict of the seat backs? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-18-2014, 02:23 PM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx
I bet that looks amazing. Let's see some pics!
Originally Posted by bronson7
Any way of taking a pict of the seat backs? Thanks in advance.
I will take some shots later today or tomorrow morning and post them. I don't have many of the interior. I love it. I would not change a thing. Its befitting of a $150K plus car.
Old 11-18-2014, 03:14 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
I didn't order full leather in my GT3 or Turbo. If I own the car a couple of days I don't notice full leather and it does not add to my enjoyment. IMO I don't think the red stitching adds anything over the platinum stitching. You get zero back when you sell it. YMMV.
I thought that Turbos came with pretty much full leather, no?
Old 11-18-2014, 03:25 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

Stitching and full leather add to my enjoyment. Car looks way cheaper without it (my opinion of course). You won't get your money back on those options but you may get some and sell car quicker. I don't buy cars for the next person.
Old 11-18-2014, 03:37 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

Can someone post real life pics of leather visors vs standard visors? Thanks.
Old 11-18-2014, 04:52 PM
GregJGT3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have researched the leather sunviosr option some and wanted to upgrade from the plastic look and thought about the option. However whether you spec the leather option or accept the standard plastic/vinyl, they will both have the yellow warning labels standard and "burned" into the material so they are not removable. Unfortunately Gov regs will require anything Porsche delivers to have the labels. The only way to get around it is to order the sunvisors from an aftermarket supplier.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:29 PM
rubber_ducky
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Zucc
The leather package includes alcantara a pillars, very nice.
I wouldn't assume that this is the case based on the show car photo. In all likelihood, that car is optioned with an alcantara (or suede) headliner. The dash end caps in leather are not part of the full leather package, but can be seen in the pic as well
Old 11-18-2014, 05:30 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
Stitching and full leather add to my enjoyment. Car looks way cheaper without it (my opinion of course). You won't get your money back on those options but you may get some and sell car quicker. I don't buy cars for the next person.
Agree with you hands down, and yes I only buy for what I want/enjoy.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:46 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

It's a personal thing for sure. But for those that think it will effect resell or that it looks cheap on a 150k car without it, I would draw your attention to the many 997 gt3s, RS, and 4.0 etc on the market without upgraded interiors. I stand by my theory that as the 991gt3 has attracted a wider audience, there is more attention to things like deviated stitching and leather sun visors. Not good or bad. Different. Probably will be the case that standard interiors may be less common on this model gt3 than the last one.

PCCB could be seen as purely optional /"luxury" also, plenty of the aforementioned models ordered with iron brakes. So I'm getting because I want, but I don't think the gt3 is cheap or hurt resell without...
Old 11-18-2014, 06:08 PM
Bruno Giacomelli
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well said
Old 11-18-2014, 08:04 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
It's a personal thing for sure. But for those that think it will effect resell or that it looks cheap on a 150k car without it, I would draw your attention to the many 997 gt3s, RS, and 4.0 etc on the market without upgraded interiors. I stand by my theory that as the 991gt3 has attracted a wider audience, there is more attention to things like deviated stitching and leather sun visors. Not good or bad. Different. Probably will be the case that standard interiors may be less common on this model gt3 than the last one.

PCCB could be seen as purely optional /"luxury" also, plenty of the aforementioned models ordered with iron brakes. So I'm getting because I want, but I don't think the gt3 is cheap or hurt resell without...
I would expect GT3s without leather interior to demand a lower price on resale than those with. Will the difference be more or less than the $3500 adder for leather? TBD.

Quick Reply: Leather interior vs. standard interior.