Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 or S? Or both? need help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 06:32 PM
Raven 666
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

Enjoy one of life,s epic drives ,,,Congrate,s on the GT3 ........................
Old 11-15-2014, 06:40 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Congrats! You made a great call!

No snow here yet either and none forecast for the next 10 days, though I ordered some winter rubber so I can take it out on the cold, clear days.
Old 11-15-2014, 07:20 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by AMGsound
^^^^^^^^^^^
There seems to be some kind of a consensus.
So...........

I did it.

Sold the S into GT3. Ill be sad to let her go...1st Porsche....

Fak, havent seen snow yet, will be a LONG wait in da garage!

Thanks a lot for your help pushing me over the edge!!!
Great call. If it makes you feel any better, several of us are waiting until March or April to even see our cars. Congrats and enjoy.
Old 11-15-2014, 07:35 PM
AMGsound
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^Yep, fair enough.

I walked in the dealer to see a car i'd seen on the web for some time, thinking i could get a year end deal. That GR GT3 beast was sitting at the rear end of the showroom, screaming LOOK OVER HERE...
Rest is history.

I hope ill find a clear/dry/warm day to drive it to it's winter storage!!!
Old 11-15-2014, 10:52 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

Well, I guess congratulations are in order.
You're going to find things you miss in the GT3... being inconspicuous, rear seats, etc.
They will all be gone the moment your foot makes contact with the accelerator!
Enjoy!

Post pics and spec when you can.
Old 11-21-2014, 12:08 AM
AMGsound
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Took the 991S out of storage tonight. Was nice to start her up, sit in the fantastic Porsche interior (vs my german SAV - Porsche, you completly spoil us!) and drive her one last time to the dealer..God knows ive driven many times to the dealer with that car..just too see what's in stock!!

Drove her into the service area, and the other one was there waiting for me!

OH MY GOD... The stance...with all the lighting of the service welcome bay, the clear LED sidemarkers vs orange that i saw in showroom...

Finalized the paperwork...and took her back home on this frigid night. Just starting it up is completly different than the Carrera. Put it in gear and it doesnt move forward. Press the accelerator, it doesnt move. Give it some more...oh, ok, got it. The steering is IMMEDIATLY different than the Carrera. Night and day. I felt it was very light yet so precise and tons of feedback. No "added/not natural weight".

I had the chance to test drive for 10 minutes a Speciale last summer and i knew nothing could come close to it in terms of engine rawness and immediate response from the accelerator and gear changes, oh my god, gear changes,yet very gentle ride around town. Tight, not harsh. And as soon as i got out of the car, i also knew i could probably never afford it or have enough f u money to buy one.

The GT3 is by no means cheap. BUT. This 991GT3 has to be one for the ages. And i havent even explored 10% of its capacities yet. I think, like many have said before me, that the GT3 is a relative steal vs other supercars out there because, for me, it fully qualifies, especially in a popping color like GR. Full disclosure, i wasnt a fan of GR on Carrera, but on GT3 with black wheels and clear sidemarkers, the air intake grills, its absolutly unreal. The color looks a lot, in my memory, to McLaren's rocket red (because, like GR i guess, McLaren's Rocket red color is not the same at all in real life vs camera/TV...F1 fans know what im talking about!!!). Very, very racing red indeed!

God bless NA high reving engines! The sound!

Sorry, im all over the place with my thought process, but i understood tonight why they call it GT3 and not Carrera GT3....it doesnt drive like one at all....the looks are sooooo much more aggresive too...stating the obvious of course, but i have to get it out of my system, i cant drive the bloody car!

Anyway, i may post pics at some point if i get techy enough, but its GR, black wheels, black adjustable headlights, clear LED sidemarkers (What a difference it makes), navi delete, no chrono, silver stitching, fire extinguisher. Oh yea, im running the Michelins too!!!!

Thanks to everyone for taking a minute or 2 to read, and thanks for pushing me over to trade in the S, it was indeed a no brainer if $ isnt a factor. It should always be, and it is, but the sum of the parts of the GT3 to me is just higher than its price.

Ah, one last thing.

If you can find a '15 allocation or a '14 "stripper" out there, make sure you think for a LOOOONG time before ordering a GTS for the same $. I know, not the same car/purpose, but thats exactly my point!!!
Btw, i think i will order future special cars like this one stripped of options. No need for special sound system. Carbon fiber....bah.....if it's not a CF chassis, nevermind the CF trim! PCCB? I barely touch the brake pedal and im about the hit the windshield, thanks for saving me $10k!

Ok, that was 2-3 last points!

Again, many thanks to rennlisters and my wife for pushing me over. Yep, she's that good!
Old 11-21-2014, 01:15 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AMGsound
Took the 991S out of storage tonight. Was nice to start her up, sit in the fantastic Porsche interior (vs my german SAV - Porsche, you completly spoil us!) and drive her one last time to the dealer..God knows ive driven many times to the dealer with that car..just too see what's in stock!!

Drove her into the service area, and the other one was there waiting for me!

OH MY GOD... The stance...with all the lighting of the service welcome bay, the clear LED sidemarkers vs orange that i saw in showroom...

Finalized the paperwork...and took her back home on this frigid night. Just starting it up is completly different than the Carrera. Put it in gear and it doesnt move forward. Press the accelerator, it doesnt move. Give it some more...oh, ok, got it. The steering is IMMEDIATLY different than the Carrera. Night and day. I felt it was very light yet so precise and tons of feedback. No "added/not natural weight".

I had the chance to test drive for 10 minutes a Speciale last summer and i knew nothing could come close to it in terms of engine rawness and immediate response from the accelerator and gear changes, oh my god, gear changes,yet very gentle ride around town. Tight, not harsh. And as soon as i got out of the car, i also knew i could probably never afford it or have enough f u money to buy one.

The GT3 is by no means cheap. BUT. This 991GT3 has to be one for the ages. And i havent even explored 10% of its capacities yet. I think, like many have said before me, that the GT3 is a relative steal vs other supercars out there because, for me, it fully qualifies, especially in a popping color like GR. Full disclosure, i wasnt a fan of GR on Carrera, but on GT3 with black wheels and clear sidemarkers, the air intake grills, its absolutly unreal. The color looks a lot, in my memory, to McLaren's rocket red (because, like GR i guess, McLaren's Rocket red color is not the same at all in real life vs camera/TV...F1 fans know what im talking about!!!). Very, very racing red indeed!

God bless NA high reving engines! The sound!

Sorry, im all over the place with my thought process, but i understood tonight why they call it GT3 and not Carrera GT3....it doesnt drive like one at all....the looks are sooooo much more aggresive too...stating the obvious of course, but i have to get it out of my system, i cant drive the bloody car!

Anyway, i may post pics at some point if i get techy enough, but its GR, black wheels, black adjustable headlights, clear LED sidemarkers (What a difference it makes), navi delete, no chrono, silver stitching, fire extinguisher. Oh yea, im running the Michelins too!!!!

Thanks to everyone for taking a minute or 2 to read, and thanks for pushing me over to trade in the S, it was indeed a no brainer if $ isnt a factor. It should always be, and it is, but the sum of the parts of the GT3 to me is just higher than its price.

Ah, one last thing.

If you can find a '15 allocation or a '14 "stripper" out there, make sure you think for a LOOOONG time before ordering a GTS for the same $. I know, not the same car/purpose, but thats exactly my point!!!
Btw, i think i will order future special cars like this one stripped of options. No need for special sound system. Carbon fiber....bah.....if it's not a CF chassis, nevermind the CF trim! PCCB? I barely touch the brake pedal and im about the hit the windshield, thanks for saving me $10k!

Ok, that was 2-3 last points!

Again, many thanks to rennlisters and my wife for pushing me over. Yep, she's that good!

Congrats to you and your wife.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:08 AM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

You have chosen wisely.
A 991 C2S is like a nice Mercedes sedan compared to the GT3.
Now if mine would only get here! Supposed to start production TODAY!!

Quick Reply: GT3 or S? Or both? need help!