Any s/c'd GT3's around

Old 11-14-2014, 04:52 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by blackbull
Didn't know I had that reputation......lol
I knew I might get killed for this heresy
Not trying to create chaos just get feedback when a random thought pops in my head.

I was just curious if some wanted "the best of both worlds" and maybe get a sense of what mods people do and which model/models might be the best platform to mod cost & performance wise.

If more hp is desired in a GT3 what would be the best way?? Bore & sleeve the block etc??

I guess this is what happens when I post after a long night at work!!
All kidding aside, if one wanted FI for their GT3 they're better off getting a TTS.

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-gt2-...ml#post8503039

No way would I go FI without major work including reduction in compression. Why buy into a blown motor when you can buy bullet proof factory or mod from a factory TTS base?

The idea of going FI on a NA GT3 is pretty silly.

Dan (believes some people thrive on silly)
Old 11-14-2014, 08:08 PM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 888 Likes on 336 Posts

I think TPC makes a supercharger kit...not for any GT3 variant though.

Sharky: if you're on here; have you guys had a look at the 9A1 GT3 motor to see if it has the ability to be bored/stroked? 4.2L 9A1 anyone?
Old 11-16-2014, 03:03 PM
blackbull
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Put it out !!!.....put it out !!!

lol
Old 11-17-2014, 10:12 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good thing the OP didn't ask this question at 6 Speed first where the Buttholes Rome!
Old 11-17-2014, 07:09 PM
Petevb
Rennlist Member

Received 704 Likes on 282 Posts

Someone needs to crack the ECU encryption before anything really interesting can be done to the 991 GT3. Tuning is hard enough with access to the ECU, and I don't believe you'll get good results on any significant changes (cam, displacement bump, supercharger, etc) with a piggyback system, which is currently the only option. The complexity of the 991, with RWS, PDK, etc all integrated, also means you wouldn't want to run the engine stand-alone with Motec, etc.

Currently your best bet is likely to make only minor changes or choose another platform. The Mezgers are tuneable, so any older car or Cup, though turbos are best if all just want silly power. You can also Frankenstein just about anything together if you're obsessed enough. Personally I like the 69s...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any s/c'd GT3's around