Sponsored by:

"The most beautiful car I have ever seen"

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 03:12 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zucc
How? Do you just ignore people if they ask if they can take a picture? I figured I could do my part to break to the typical Porsche owner stereotype. You know, the one that rhymes with Rick.
I let them take pictures if they ask. It just all gets old after a while as an owner, not so for the picture takers. Most of them don't even bother to ask. But the attention is indeed mostly positive (except for people trying to race you all the time).
Old 11-12-2014, 03:16 PM
Money2536
Race Car

Received 228 Likes on 74 Posts

That's awesome! I had to convince a guy at Cars and Coffee that it was cool for him the sit in the car.
Old 11-12-2014, 03:18 PM
fibredog
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 48 Posts

Great story. Thanks for sharing. I agree that it's the most beautiful car that I have ever seen. Porsche is still a brand that most young people can aspire to having some day if they work hard. Even if not a GT3, a standard 911 or Cayman. So it's great that you let the teens sit in the car to get a feel for it. Sometimes that's all it takes to change a young person's attitude and make them set goals to achieve. I would do the same.
Old 11-12-2014, 03:29 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,080 Likes on 1,005 Posts

I picked up my car Saturday and had a 200 mile drive back. While on the highway a truck pulled up beside me and blew the horn. At first I thought there was something wrong with my car so I rolled down the window. The young man in the passenger seat yelled that my car was "the most beautiful car he had ever seen" and that it was his "dream car". I thanked him and told him that I just picked it up. He said "I know, I saw the temp tag".

On Sunday I took my wife for a ride in it and on the way back we stopped at the grocery store. I waited in the car to play with the stereo. Right away a white Honda with a couple of teenagers pulls up beside me and asks if they can take a picture of the car. I say sure and ask them if they want me to take a picture of them sitting in it. I thought one of the boys was going to faint. He was all "No way! Really! Then he told me that he was glad that he had just bought new shoes because he would have been afraid to sit in it with his old shoes.

The car definitely draws a lot of attention. Really more than I was expecting. So far all positive.
Great story how do you like metallic white? (I think that's what you ordered) I was driving down the interstate and I had a truck driver video taping .....man I was like dangerous. Hands dowm it's a great car.
Old 11-12-2014, 03:29 PM
mundman
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for sharing. Congrats on the new toy!
Old 11-12-2014, 03:48 PM
Tosilog
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Comes with the territory....... get ready for the Paparazzis!
Old 11-12-2014, 04:04 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Maverick787
Great story how do you like metallic white? (I think that's what you ordered) I was driving down the interstate and I had a truck driver video taping .....man I was like dangerous. Hands dowm it's a great car.
The metallic white is great. Glad that I ordered it. No regrets whatsoever. Most people could not tell the difference between it and regular white until you get within about 2 feet of it.
Old 11-12-2014, 04:35 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome. Had I been that kid, I would have been eternally grateful. Nice gesture, Zucc.
Old 11-12-2014, 04:51 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,383 Likes on 719 Posts

Been pulled over twice so far and it was not to admire my car. Got off both times but the Bypass certainly gets a lot of attention. They assumed() I was speeding but they never had their radars on until they pulled me over.

Talked my way out of both of them but I am beginning to think I am a marked man. I will not take out car after 9:00 pm at night especially even if I was just going to have one glass of wine. Not worth it
Old 11-12-2014, 05:07 PM
SpeeddemonC2
Instructor

I picked up my car Saturday and had a 200 mile drive back. While on the highway a truck pulled up beside me and blew the horn. At first I thought there was something wrong with my car so I rolled down the window. The young man in the passenger seat yelled that my car was "the most beautiful car he had ever seen" and that it was his "dream car". I thanked him and told him that I just picked it up. He said "I know, I saw the temp tag".

On Sunday I took my wife for a ride in it and on the way back we stopped at the grocery store. I waited in the car to play with the stereo. Right away a white Honda with a couple of teenagers pulls up beside me and asks if they can take a picture of the car. I say sure and ask them if they want me to take a picture of them sitting in it. I thought one of the boys was going to faint. He was all "No way! Really! Then he told me that he was glad that he had just bought new shoes because he would have been afraid to sit in it with his old shoes.

The car definitely draws a lot of attention. Really more than I was expecting. So far all positive.
Congrats on the car! Would love to see hi def photos of the metallic white (is it Oryx white?) Dealing with attention is something all nice car owners have to deal with. Enjoy!
Old 11-12-2014, 05:25 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Pictures pictures pictures
Old 11-12-2014, 05:35 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

The only pictures I have so far are some crappy iPhone pics. Maybe I'll break out the "only slightly better" compact camera this weekend.
Old 11-12-2014, 05:58 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Default Crappy iphone pics

In the service dept, sent by salesman.

In the showroom beside a white Turbo S.

At the hizzle.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:16 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

DAMNIT!!!
Great story and you responded perfectly, IMHO. I've had similar experiences. And BTW, more than once I've had women engage me in conversation about the car so don't give up hope on that score!
Old 11-12-2014, 10:44 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 285 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by PeteyDaddy
Had a cop pull me over last night (lights and all) just to say "hey your car is loud and bright- don't speed because you'll get pulled over..awesome car by the way"
I'm waiting for that once I get the car...

Quick Reply: "The most beautiful car I have ever seen"