Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 project

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 09:17 PM
gt2urbo
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looks great. I just ordered the oval exhaust system today. Any Exhaust vids. Haven't heard the GMG system yet. But they always do good work so not worried. I don't know anything about roll bars but would like to hear GMG chime in on that. Roll bar is my next mod
Old 12-18-2014, 09:35 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 436 Likes on 260 Posts

Road Racing,

Thank you again for the business and taking your time to write up this detailed review about our products and your experience at GMG. It is greatly appreciated and we really forward to helping other Rennlist members with their performance and safety needs for their 991 GT3s

Originally Posted by gt2urbo
looks great. I just ordered the oval exhaust system today. Any Exhaust vids. Haven't heard the GMG system yet. But they always do good work so not worried. I don't know anything about roll bars but would like to hear GMG chime in on that. Roll bar is my next mod
GT2Turbo,

Thank you for placing the order. I believe James personally processed your order and it is being shipped out today.

For the 991 GT3, we currently offer 1 roll bar model called the "RSR" roll bar. Made out of 4130 chromoly and TIG welded, it is a 2 piece roll design that utilizes the front seat belt mounts (like the factory Tequipment bar) and the rear strut towers. Aesthetically, the design of the roll bar looks very OEM as it uses interlocking joints for a seamless appearance.

Here are pictures of another bar that we installed into a 991 GT3:
/
- Jerry@GMGRacing.com

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
Old 12-19-2014, 12:46 AM
gt2urbo
Pro

thanks GMG i got the car in the am . ordered the exhaust in the PM. very excited. Thanks for info on bar. that will gonna be ordered soon . just want a week or so to enjoy it before it take it apart .

Last edited by gt2urbo; 12-19-2014 at 01:47 PM.
Old 12-19-2014, 01:44 AM
IvanBurns
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca

So another matter. I would struggle to get a decent field of view for my smartycam HD bolted to the GMC rear X over as its a long way from the drivers seat plane of view....just an observation.
Macca - I have a Smartycam HD mounted on my GMG roll bar and the camera position seems fine. The mounting bracket that I have has a 3-4 inch arm that allows me to drop the camera down from the roll bar.

My car is in the shop now but when I get it back after Christmas I'll try to remember to take a photo of the setup for you.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:26 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by IvanBurns
Macca - I have a Smartycam HD mounted on my GMG roll bar and the camera position seems fine. The mounting bracket that I have has a 3-4 inch arm that allows me to drop the camera down from the roll bar. My car is in the shop now but when I get it back after Christmas I'll try to remember to take a photo of the setup for you.
Thanks Ivan - Id appreciate that. I'm installing the new smartycam HD rev 2.0 with 120 degree FOV on Sunday using a custom KW machine mount system in billet so I should hope to trade pictures with you. Perilously have used GoPro black 3 on medium 115 degree FOV on my GT3 factory roll bar in Europe and Sony av100 with 120 FOV on tracks in NZ ( different spec lenses tho). Hoping I can make the 120 SCHD2 work how I want it but have bought an arm that will extend it so it sits between the front headrests (slightly behind the plane of the headrests for safety). Will see how it goes....
Old 12-19-2014, 11:12 AM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 111 Likes on 67 Posts

thanks GMG i got the car in the am . ordered the exhaust in the PM. very excited. Thanks for info on bar. that will gonna be ordered soon . just want a week or so to enjoy it before it take it apart .
Thanks for the order, looking forward to seeing your car after the install at Dan's shop in LA.

Cheers,

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: james@gmgracing.com
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com
Old 12-19-2014, 09:05 PM
gt2urbo
Pro

thanks for the quick shipment James/GMG. Already on the car, snapped on in 40 mins. I can't wait to stretch her legs this weekend. Amazing quality and made the car so much more alive it's unbelievable . I snapped a few pics but its to dark and you can't see much. thanks again love the look and the sound is intoxicating. Im gonna write my impressions with vids on Monday.
I'm also planning to go to thermal soon where this exhaust should really scream : )
Old 12-19-2014, 09:41 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 111 Likes on 67 Posts

thanks for the quick shipment James/GMG. Already on the car, snapped on in 40 mins. I can't wait to stretch her legs this weekend. Amazing quality and made the car so much more alive it's unbelievable . I snapped a few pics but its to dark and you can't see much. thanks again love the look and the sound is intoxicating. Im gonna write my impressions with vids on Monday.
I'm also planning to go to thermal soon where this exhaust should really scream : )
You're welcome! You should start a new thread once you start tearing it up in LA!
If you are going to track it, let's put one of our GMG Roll Bars in there too.

Cheers!
Old 12-20-2014, 01:08 AM
Stephen Ayers
Advanced

Curious why the harness bar without track seats? Do you plan on replacing the seats or do you have belts that somehow work with the stock seats?
Old 12-20-2014, 02:36 AM
Road Racin
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I will change the seats for track but never found buckets comfortable being 6'3"... and more importantly couldn't use them for my 7yr old to ride with me.....
Old 12-20-2014, 05:36 AM
gt2urbo
Pro

I will be making another thread. i will be doing a roll bar soon too. But i don't have LWBS... i'm hoping that suncoast gets them soon. maybe someone will decide they aren't comfortable for their driving style.
I just don't want to put sparco or recaro buckets in this car ...
Old 12-20-2014, 08:50 AM
blackbull
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ Why not!!?? Those seats are OEM on some of the world's finest automobiles!!
Old 12-20-2014, 03:27 PM
gt2urbo
Pro

I have Carbon fiber OMP hans seats in my cup. When i track it ill just throw one in. But i want a CF seat i can keep in the car for everyday driving with the harness bar and harness installed. LWBS are perfect and the old gt2 seats are nearly 10k a set, but don't look as good in the 991 gt3 .
Old 12-20-2014, 04:21 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 436 Likes on 260 Posts

To give some of you guys an idea on how the car will look with racing seats, here are Sparco EVO 2 seats installed:

-Jerry@GMGRacing.com
Old 12-20-2014, 06:00 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Looks bloody great IMO!

Quick Reply: GT3 project