Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

yellow?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 10:10 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm definitely doing yellow belts, also thinking about yellow painted dash/door strips. If I did the centre console in yellow, would that be too much or the centre console in leather also works. Any thoughts?
Old 11-23-2014, 10:29 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
I'm definitely doing yellow belts, also thinking about yellow painted dash/door strips. If I did the centre console in yellow, would that be too much or the centre console in leather also works. Any thoughts?
I've seen a GR interior with everything painted, including vent slats. The first time I saw it I thought it was too much but after I got over that it looked great.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:53 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,384 Likes on 719 Posts

My Dealership just got an Exclusive Turbo S in Racing Yellow. It has every possible option and then some. It is for display so all can see what is possible. I am sure other larger dealers are being shipped one, as well, but could be different color. It has a sticker over $225,000. Everything is also painted RY on the inside. Just way too much for me. It actually was so overkill that its was blinding me
Old 11-24-2014, 10:30 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
I did a 991 TTS with carbon dash/door and leather center console, it looked great. I've never ordered the painted door/dash trim though.

Are you going bucket seats? It adds a big chunk of carbon to the cabin, so something to think about.

The doors are a high risk option because it's expensive to change, the dash and center console are cheap, so also consider that too.
Old 11-24-2014, 03:51 PM
tejstar01
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Skibum1963
I know the exterior color thing has been discussed a lot. The horse is dead, buried, exhumed, buried again...
But...When I wanted to order the GT3 in yellow the salesman said. "Are you sure? The dealership owner won't even let me order a yellow car without a non-refundable deposit."
The yellow makes me smile...Anyone hear this kind of thing about yellow cars from a dealer before? I didn't think it would be the most popular for resale, but this did make me think twice.
Since it looks like you live in California, you can tell the dealer that ALL DEPOSITS are refundable in the state of a California regardless of color..geeeesh..some dealers are clueless or try to get away with anything.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:10 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by tejstar01
Since it looks like you live in California, you can tell the dealer that ALL DEPOSITS are refundable in the state of a California regardless of color..geeeesh..some dealers are clueless or try to get away with anything.
You can make deposits nonrefundable in California with special written agreements (supposedly). I had a dealer present me with one that called the deposit damages in the event I backed out of buying the car. I don't know legally enforceable that really is, but it probably weeds out buyers that aren't serious.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:04 PM
hf1
Banned

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by Skibum1963
My build
Sport buckets
Regular wheels
Front axle lift
Carbon fiber door sills
Sports chrono track precision app
PCM/Nav

Decided to forgo the LEDs after many people on the forums were talking about how they disable the brightness and the "plus" part of the PDLS features of the lights for the U.S. market. Nonetheless, I am having doubts as they look very cool with the four daytime running lights!
Love the responses. No truer words...don't buy for the next guy...
Actually, RY with buckets will be exactly what I will be looking for 4-5 years down the road. Need more of those around. IMO, if RY was a PTS color it would be among the most popular ones. This way you get it for free.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:40 PM
tejstar01
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
You can make deposits nonrefundable in California with special written agreements (supposedly). I had a dealer present me with one that called the deposit damages in the event I backed out of buying the car. I don't know legally enforceable that really is, but it probably weeds out buyers that aren't serious.
Sorry would not be enforceable in a court of law period! I would also not deal with any dealer that tried to pull this nonsense and would report them to the state for pulling these practices, it's illegal.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:23 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by hf1
Actually, RY with buckets will be exactly what I will be looking for 4-5 years down the road. Need more of those around. IMO, if RY was a PTS color it would be among the most popular ones. This way you get it for free.

I agree, it's a great colour....PTS or not. I see you have the passion for yellow.
Old 11-25-2014, 01:38 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

So for the Racing Yellow, what clear film are you guys going with? Xpel Ultimate, Suntek, something else?

Who is the best installer in FL or GA?

Ryan
Old 11-25-2014, 02:13 PM
Kodoc
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by reidry
... Who is the best installer in FL or GA?

Ryan
PM sent

Jerry
Old 11-25-2014, 02:27 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

So for the Racing Yellow, what clear film are you guys going with? Xpel Ultimate, Suntek, something else?

Ryan
I'm going with Xpel - I wanted to do the new 3M Scotchgard Pro, but they're having some issues with it still.

Just doing front bumper, fenders, hood, rockers and mirrors.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:41 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Ryan
I haven't decided yet on a film. I'm sorry I can't help you with best installer in FL and GA being I'm in Canada
Old 11-25-2014, 08:54 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Back on the stitching topic, my dealer has on the showroom floor a RY Turbo with red stitching, belts and gauges. It's also got red calipers.

I might be heading there tomorrow assuming my GT3 arrives, but will post pictures of both.
Old 11-25-2014, 11:12 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by NateOZ
Back on the stitching topic, my dealer has on the showroom floor a RY Turbo with red stitching, belts and gauges. It's also got red calipers.

I might be heading there tomorrow assuming my GT3 arrives, but will post pictures of both.

Looking forward to seeing those picts. No I mean of your RY with LWB.

Quick Reply: yellow?