Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 12:31 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by reidry
I did say car ... Lol.

Ryan
It's not a fair comparison, the only GR car in there is covered under wrap and it's not a GT3!

The yellow does look good though. I saw one in person yesterday and liked it quite a lot. RY is definitely my second choice after GR.
Old 11-23-2014, 12:51 PM
Skibum1963
Racer

Default Spec

My build
Sport buckets
Regular wheels
Front axle lift
Carbon fiber door sills
Sports chrono track precision app
PCM/Nav

Decided to forgo the LEDs after many people on the forums were talking about how they disable the brightness and the "plus" part of the PDLS features of the lights for the U.S. market. Nonetheless, I am having doubts as they look very cool with the four daytime running lights!
Love the responses. No truer words...don't buy for the next guy...
Old 11-23-2014, 12:59 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bigkraig
It's not a fair comparison, the only GR car in there is covered under wrap and it's not a GT3!

The yellow does look good though. I saw one in person yesterday and liked it quite a lot. RY is definitely my second choice after GR.
Red, Yellow ... I think we can say the jelly bean colors look great on the 991 GT3.

Personally happy to have a not white and not silver car on the way! Assured it will stand out from the crowd, just a bit.

Ryan
Old 11-23-2014, 12:59 PM
Tosilog
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^^ I ended up getting the LEDs after several back and forth because of the 4 dots DRL. If you remove the carbon fiber door sill and replace that with the LEDs, you'll have a wonderful build
Old 11-23-2014, 01:43 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 396 Likes on 223 Posts

I added carbon fiber to the interior and center console. I'm thinking of adding the door sills but there is enough silver still in the car that I felt it was fine without.

What do you guys think?
Old 11-23-2014, 01:52 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Skibum1963
My build
Sport buckets
Regular wheels
Front axle lift
Carbon fiber door sills
Sports chrono track precision app
PCM/Nav

Decided to forgo the LEDs after many people on the forums were talking about how they disable the brightness and the "plus" part of the PDLS features of the lights for the U.S. market. Nonetheless, I am having doubts as they look very cool with the four daytime running lights!
Love the responses. No truer words...don't buy for the next guy...
During tech tactics yesterday Andrew Lennon talked about the technology in the LEDs. There is a camera in the rear view mirror that will detect cars in front of you and oncoming traffic and project the LEDs around it, so they have the ability to do left/right/up/down adjustment to move away from other drivers FOV.

Even if you don't the automated brightness adjustments there is still a lot more going on with the LEDs.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:05 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

During tech tactics yesterday Andrew Lennon talked about the technology in the LEDs. There is a camera in the rear view mirror that will detect cars in front of you and oncoming traffic and project the LEDs around it, so they have the ability to do left/right/up/down adjustment to move away from other drivers FOV.

Even if you don't the automated brightness adjustments there is still a lot more going on with the LEDs.
The GT3 doesn't have that camera. That is part of the "plus" in PDLS+ that the GT3 doesn't get.

LEDs are just for looks on the GT3 in the US.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:07 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Isn't that technology part of the "Plus" that the LEDs in the GT3 don't get? Other models (like Turbo, which has this extra camera) do get this however.

Edit: Mech33 you're quick on the draw!
Old 11-23-2014, 02:31 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

oh well, at least they look good.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:35 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by jlee504
I added carbon fiber to the interior and center console. I'm thinking of adding the door sills but there is enough silver still in the car that I felt it was fine without.

What do you guys think?
I did the carbon sills as well for consistency. Then the only silver in the car is plastic, not brushed aluminum.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:41 PM
blackbull
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
The GT3 doesn't have that camera. That is part of the "plus" in PDLS+ that the GT3 doesn't get.

LEDs are just for looks on the GT3 in the US.
Couldn't you just order an OEM camera & retrofit onto your car???.....or is there more involved???
Old 11-23-2014, 03:02 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by <3mph
Isn't that technology part of the "Plus" that the LEDs in the GT3 don't get? Other models (like Turbo, which has this extra camera) do get this however.

Edit: Mech33 you're quick on the draw!
Any idea if the LED's for the Canadian market are the same as the U.S. market?
Old 11-23-2014, 03:48 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

^Bronson7, I believe the Canadian ones are the same as the US. So no LED Plus for us either.
Old 11-23-2014, 04:03 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by blackbull
Couldn't you just order an OEM camera & retrofit onto your car???.....or is there more involved???
I have a feeling that would be unlikely to work given all the software and systems involved in making PDLS+ work... that might be all the hardware you need, but "turning it all on" would be a big unknown.
Old 11-23-2014, 05:09 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Black PDLS, Black wheels, yellow belts, carbon fiber, CF lighted sills, full leather/alcatara with silver stitch. (maybe yellow sport chrono dial from sun coast too?)

Quick Reply: yellow?