991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Payment question

Old 10-29-2014, 10:16 PM
AWW100
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just spend $400 and take a day off to fly there and inspect the car yourself before taking delivery. What's a few hundred dollars compared to a GT3?
Old 10-29-2014, 10:19 PM
provoke
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If they don't know you and since you're out of state the reason why they wont take a "cashiers check" is because cashiers checks can be stopped... The bank can issue a stop payment if you lose it etc.... Then the check gets returned and dealer is out and having to chase down an out of state person.. So its just a precaution.. I wouldn't take it personally.....
Old 10-30-2014, 12:44 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 983 Likes on 509 Posts

Only the lowest of the low would try to get you to take delivery on a brand new GT3 and willingly hope you don't notice an imperfection/abnormality
While not a GT3 I had this exact thing happen to me. Got to an out of state Porsche dealership late in the day just before closing. Looked at the new car in poor lighting and was rushed through the paperwork. Two days later after retuning home I washed the car and found the top surface pitted from acid rain. Called the manager and was told I should have seen the car before it was buffed out! I was stuck. My fault should have been more careful but I didn't expect that to happen.
Old 10-30-2014, 01:15 AM
redlightrich
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 34 Posts

Buying the bank check in your name really adds no more protection, and adds additional layers of distrust to the recipient. You can always bring a bank check back and simply write "not used for intended purpose" and re-deposit it.

Wont work here, but you can do a timed transfer as others stated.

These are some of the issues of buying out of state. Either take a flight, or take a chance.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:57 AM
Tom B
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't send payment until its been inspected by you or someone that you absolutely trust. Years ago I ordered a 430 Scuderia from a midwest f-car dealer. When my transporter (friend of mine with the cashiers check) arrived for pick up he discovered an area on the car that appeared to have been repainted. I called my salesman and he confirmed that a "lot boy" had hit a curb, damaging one wheel/tire and scraped the lower passenger door and rocker. They repainted it, replaced the wheel/tire and called it good. They had no intenion of disclosing the damage. Their justification for not disclosing it was that "cars are damaged all the time during transport and "corrected" before delivery".
Old 10-30-2014, 09:05 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,080 Likes on 1,005 Posts

If the check is the issue finance the car, and pay off in full before the bill arrives to avoid interest case closed.
Old 10-30-2014, 12:04 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I bought my 997.2 the manager let me pull up my online banking account on the computer so he could see that I had sufficient funds to cover the check.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Payment question