Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any cars w/ red stitching on Northern California dealer lots?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 01:28 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts
Default Any cars w/ red stitching on Northern California dealer lots?

I would really love to see this in person before my order locks. Does anybody happen to know if one of the cars on a Northern California dealer lot has red stitching?

Or better yet, would anybody in the bay area with red stitching be gracious enough to demo their interior?

My car is currently spec'd as carrara white metallic with red stitching + red belts, but I go back and forth on platinum stitching + silver belts, or event base interior without any stitching.

I'll share some of the best platinum stitching and red stitching pics I've seen to date below:
Attached Images    
Old 10-29-2014, 01:57 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have white with red stitching, red belts and carbon. It looks incredible.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:02 AM
LAGinz
Pro

To me, the character of Carrara white metallic is kind of "classy". I think the platinum stitching would go better with that look.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:06 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by doubleurx
I have white with red stitching, red belts and carbon. It looks incredible.
I'll be there in 4 hours!
Old 10-29-2014, 02:07 AM
LAGinz
Pro

In fact the white metallic has silver flecks in it, which should go well with the platinum stitching.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:09 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by LAGinz
To me, the character of Carrara white metallic is kind of "classy". I think the platinum stitching would go better with that look.
I've thought about that, and you may be right... I had platinum stitching in the config up until this morning actually. But the reason I went to Carrara white wasn't because it was "classy", but more because it was a brighter / more pure white color than the regular white which has a bit of cream color to it. So I thought if red stitching went with white before, then it should go with an even more pure white (though you can see the flecks in it up close).

What swayed me on the red was I went for a drive in a friend's white GT3 he just received with platinum stitching, and it just felt a bit plain instead. Almost like the white exterior with the platinum stitching inside with the silver belts (+ brushed aluminum trim) was lacking color. The interior just didn't feel like it matched the rumbling, angry character of the car. I felt like red might be more aggressive... or a stripped interior might be more aggressive... hence the change.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:25 AM
LAGinz
Pro

Yeah I can see that side too---just depends on your view of what an interior should be. For me, I don't need an interior to pop. For me that's more of a concern re the exterior. I kind of like interiors that are nice, but don't divert my eye so much from the task at hand.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:00 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by LAGinz
Yeah I can see that side too---just depends on your view of what an interior should be. For me, I don't need an interior to pop. For me that's more of a concern re the exterior. I kind of like interiors that are nice, but don't divert my eye so much from the task at hand.
Definitely with you there, too. Thus this thread... please someone point me towards a red stitched interior in the Bay Area to see!
Old 10-29-2014, 08:26 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Man good luck with your selection which is hard. I'm happy the agony is over for me. I ordered metallic white as I agree it's brighter in person. I went with red bells, gauges, and stitching. All wow factor for me in the cabin as it will make the interior pop. Should be driving next weekend I hope!
Old 10-29-2014, 08:51 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

One thing to think about on red stitching is that it is becoming somewhat of a norm at car manufacturers. e.g. Kia Soul even has red stitching as an option...

I think it actually cheapens the interior and makes it look too busy. I have it on another pcar and wouldn't order it again...
Old 10-29-2014, 10:19 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
One thing to think about on red stitching is that it is becoming somewhat of a norm at car manufacturers. e.g. Kia Soul even has red stitching as an option... I think it actually cheapens the interior and makes it look too busy. I have it on another pcar and wouldn't order it again...
Wow. We are miles apart in this one. I think it exudes class and never want a car without it. Love it. That's why we have options!
Old 10-29-2014, 10:29 AM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 24 Posts

I love red accents in the interior and had no hesitation with the red stitching. Platinum stitching would look great as well and I think actually contrasts better against the black. No wrong choice with either.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:05 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Agree on the choices comment. Last time I say a hot Ferrari it was loaded with red stitching. Looks great on almost all colors. Silver looks good on dark blue and some of the silvers. Can't go wrong here, and I say red makes the cabin box vs look bla.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:57 AM
devenh
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My order locks in a few days and I've been debating with myself everything discussed here. This thread hasn't helped at all

My car is white (prefer the whiter look compared to the metallic) with PCCB. If I had red brakes, then the red stitching and belts are (to me) a no brainer. I've seen this combination and it looks terrific. But yellow brakes and red interior accents?? Not so sure. Maybe grey stitching and yellow belts would tie things together better? Ahh, the choices ...

Deven
Old 10-29-2014, 12:09 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Here are some other images for you to consider. If you're going with the buckets, it is hard to find 918 bucket images with red piping photos as it isn't offered on the 918.

918 Buckets with Silver:

Row Buckets with Silver:

Red stitching image from a similar perspective, just not a fan. Doors look terrible:

Quick Reply: Any cars w/ red stitching on Northern California dealer lots?