Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 10:26 AM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm thinking 180k or just under the turbo s price. My guess is we will know about 2 weeks before Geneva as porsche tends to release model info before the actual show they debut the car in. Part of me wants it to be priced so high I have no temptation to sell my incoming gt3 for one.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:25 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Road Racin
Any indication of markup?
While picking up my gt3 yesterday I asked and there wasn't an RS list yet and I could be first.... But then he said he wasn't sure what market demand would be and could be 20-50k over...
reducilious.....
Find a new dealer - I'm first on my dealers list with no mark up and I don't even need to post a deposit as I'm a repeat customer...
Old 10-29-2014, 11:51 AM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
Find a new dealer - I'm first on my dealers list with no mark up and I don't even need to post a deposit as I'm a repeat customer...
ditto.

i am working with a dealer and am first on his list. they typically get RSs, so i expect to get the build. i'll take my '15 build/ end of jan delivery regardless, unless they get a definitive RS allocation before then; unlikely of course. i am not worried about the subsequent trade given there is a sales tax concession with said trade. i would not expect to lose over 8% with this car on a trade two months later.
Old 10-29-2014, 12:32 PM
KenU
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Maverick787
lol, very interesting conclusion you have suggested. Actually it makes perfect sense, and I agree (we) have possibly less than 5% of the drivers are that shilled to handle the true perform of these cars. We're a bunch of kids that want some toys to enjoy on the weekend. Normally I hear 4 to 5 track days a year for some which is minimal. End of the day have fun, and no need to justify why you spend crazy money on cars that's what my wife tells me.
^Absolutely me and the only reason why an RS will be in my toybox come springtime!! (lips to Porsche allocation gods). I may be getting older chronologically with some (mostly) gray hair but certainly not mentally!!!! For the past 40+ years I never grew up when it came to cars and other toys and don't plan on "maturing" anytime soon!!!
Old 10-29-2014, 01:42 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Pretty misguided buying one street car over another for its fractional lap time gain. If someone really cares about ringing the last few tenths out of their ride then buy a spec miata or spec boxster and spend the $150k saved on coaching.
Originally Posted by Nizer
It's a bling thing.

Originally Posted by NateOZ
I can't see them doing a 4.0 with the more exotic materials for only $160k.
I think people would've said the same thing about the pricing of the 991 GT3 (base of around $130k -- which is a shocking bargain).

Originally Posted by Road Racin
Any indication of markup?
While picking up my gt3 yesterday I asked and there wasn't an RS list yet and I could be first.... But then he said he wasn't sure what market demand would be and could be 20-50k over...
reducilious.....
Let's all be sure to never promote the possibility that dealer markups on new cars are acceptable. Thanks. (I know that's not what you're saying.) Reference this list: https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...aler-list.html
Old 10-29-2014, 01:50 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

People seem to forget the 997.1 RS which was NO faster at all than the 997.1 GT3 yet they flew off the lots. The ring time is unconfirmed and we know Porsche uses segment times anyways so it wouldn't be an actual hot lap. If those stats are correct, I'll bet the RS is 1.5-2 seconds faster on most normal sized tracks. The 4.0 should come with a good torque boost as well. If Porsche can't get a good time gap with those additions, that's some poor engineering.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:52 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

It was a little faster, no sunroof, little more rubber and big *** wing...
Eriks car was at least a second faster then my non RS Gt3.1 I know that for a fact because I'm the faster driver and I couldn't keep up...
Old 10-29-2014, 02:09 PM
Dude-
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you guys think this will be a limited edition RS? Im first on the list at my dealer now but I somehow have a strange feeling that they will want to sell as much as they can and do a MY2015 kind of run. (limited my time not numbers).
Old 10-29-2014, 04:38 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
It was a little faster, no sunroof, little more rubber and big *** wing...
Eriks car was at least a second faster then my non RS Gt3.1 I know that for a fact because I'm the faster driver and I couldn't keep up...
Maybe in DE cup but in mag testing the difference was negligible. The point is that per theses stats this RS has way more going for it relatively.
Old 10-29-2014, 04:42 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Don't get all factual again.
Erik's car was at least a second faster. Fingers in ears lalalalalala.

You are right this RS seems by far to have the biggest difference between GT3 and RS.
I would say even more difference than between .2 GT3 and 4.0. the 991 is a 4.0 that is.
Even more exotic fenders, lighter roof..

Then they build a stripper and get rid of more weight with a 5.0 Flat 8 for the limited edition 991.2RS
Old 10-29-2014, 07:32 PM
mrsmitty
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dude-
Do you guys think this will be a limited edition RS? Im first on the list at my dealer now but I somehow have a strange feeling that they will want to sell as much as they can and do a MY2015 kind of run. (limited my time not numbers).
I put a deposit down on a GT3 RS at my dealer today. Said 4 people were ahead of me already. So there is strong demand for this car.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:34 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mrsmitty
I put a deposit down on a GT3 RS at my dealer today. Said 4 people were ahead of me already. So there is strong demand for this car.
To be honest, that sounds like normal demand.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:43 PM
mrsmitty
Instructor

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
To be honest, that sounds like normal demand.
Only bad thing is there are only 4 cars going to my dealer so I need one of them to back out.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:45 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Only bad thing is there are only 4 cars going to my dealer so I need one of them to back out.
There's honestly no way they can say that with true confidence. Allocations aren't dished out yet. And even if they were, PCNA is known for a slow trickle of allocations with their special cars (and this was proven again with the 50th Anniversary Edition and the 991 GT3).

Not trying to give you hope / false hope, just saying that they really have no foundation by which they can make that claim.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:18 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

in other words....they HOPE they get 4.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 RS