Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brembo Type 3 Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 02:28 PM
girodisc martin
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First let me say I’m glad no one was hurt when this rotor cracked and you’re still racing in good health! The time frame for this incident puts it back when we had all of our Porsche parts outsourced, meaning manufacture, assembly, fulfillment, sales and support. It was a necessity at the time because we moved our business several states away and couldn’t handle everything on our plate. That company specialized (and still does) in Porsche racing parts. They did a good job for us for 3-4 years but we realized it needed to come back in house. We ended that relationship about three years ago. Since then, all Porsche products engineering, manufacturing, sales and support has been direct with us. I say this because the parts we sell today are very different, as is the customer support.

We found the 997 GT3 and Turbo had a dramatic shift in braking towards the rear compared to earlier cars resulting in far more heat generation in the rear. We have since twice re-designed the rear rotor casting for all the 350mm rear applications, the latest will be released next month. We now control all aspects of the discs including design, tooling, metallurgy, fixturing and machining. We are constantly learning and evolving the product and processes, keeping our commitment to the customer to provide the best products at reasonable prices while manufacturing everything in house using strictly US sourced materials.

If you are willing to still consider us in the future, please contact our sales department and speak with us about your goals. We take our commitment to you seriously. If you still have the vehicle these discs were fitted to, contact us for our updated parts, I think you’ll have a very different experience.

Kind Regards,

Martin Meade
Girodisc
Old 07-29-2016, 03:25 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by doba_s
Anyone tried replacing stock steel rotors with Brembo Type 3? Seems like a better option for track days.
Just to clarify you were talking about Brembo two piece rotor upgrade for GT3 with red calipers that stock rotors are 380mm (front and rear).

But I think Joe's Boxster Spyder is 350x34mm no?
Old 07-29-2016, 03:41 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
I replaced the pccb rotors on my spyder with brembo type 3. For how much they cost, I was disappointed with how long they lasted. I'm going to guess that OEM rotors will last just as long and will be cheaper. I bedded the rotors per instructions when they were brand new, and they ended up lasting only 12 track days. In fact, oddly enough, the pfc08 pads (barely) outlasted the rotor. The rears still look new, though.
We have received inquiry from 991 GT3 owners expressing the same experience as yours, and asking for the replacement rings from racingbrake.com

I found this thread upon searching "Brembo Type 3" under 991 GT3 forum, so I was confused - wasn't your Boxster Spyder stock come with 350x34mm rotor, while you know GT3 is 380x34mm, so have you upgraded to 380mm rotor kit, or remain as stock sizes at 350mm?

Thank you for clarification.
Old 07-29-2016, 03:54 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by RacingBrake
We have received inquiry from 991 GT3 owners expressing the same experience as yours, and asking for the replacement rings from racingbrake.com

I found this thread upon searching "Brembo Type 3" under 991 GT3 forum, so I was confused - wasn't your Boxster Spyder stock come with 350x34mm rotor, while you know GT3 is 380x34mm, so have you upgraded to 380mm rotor kit, or remain as stock sizes at 350mm?

Thank you for clarification.
You are mixing 2 cars.
My boxster spyder had 350mm Brembo type3 rotors
My 991 GT3 uses the AP racing 380mm rotors and hats.
2 different cars. 2 different brake rotor systems
Old 08-13-2016, 11:15 AM
dntlvet
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
You are mixing 2 cars.
My boxster spyder had 350mm Brembo type3 rotors
My 991 GT3 uses the AP racing 380mm rotors and hats.
2 different cars. 2 different brake rotor systems
Wow that allows clarification.

Quick Reply: Brembo Type 3 Rotors