GP Clear Bra Group Buy

Old 10-22-2014, 10:59 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts
Default GP Clear Bra Group Buy

Most of you will likely have seen Moe's thread here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...o-coating.html

I've done a little research on pricing and work product expectations with other vendors for clear bra service. I am comfortable after telephone discussions and email conversations with Moe to say that I believe GP will provide highest quality work product and service suitable for our rather pricy rides. So, the negotiator in me caused me to start discussions with Moe about pricing for clear bra, tinting, nano coating and hardware installation and he has been upfront that pricing remains consistent for all customers for the obvious reason of maintaining fair and consistent pricing for everyone.

However, Moe recognized when I said I come from a more humble 350Z background and that I had an expectation of lower prices for services related to that more modest car that I was hesitant with anticipated pricing even knowing quoted prices are reasonable and of good value relative to time spent by GP. And, therefore, Moe kindly advised me that a discount may arise if multiple cars are done during a finite period of time. Effectively, a multi-car discount and group discount maybe available and additionally, cash payment discount maybe available as well. Without going into precise percentages or dollar amounts, depending upon what is done, this is a matter of several hundreds of dollars worth of discount for each of us depending upon work done. To give a point of reference, in my case, I may expect more than a $500.00 discount in the case of a group buy. More if I pick a cash payment option. Your savings would also be based upon a percentage discount off your invoice.

So, for all you So Cal MY 2015 owners expecting delivery near the mid to end of December, or 2014ers who haven't done it yet, we may take advantage of this opportunity if we coordinate our clear bra, tinting, nano-coating needs. If you're interested, please add your name to the below group buy list.

1. HFM

Dan (hopes a few members will join him to get premium quality work done and to save a few bucks to boot)
Old 10-22-2014, 11:07 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Hmm I'm in northern California and my car doesn't arrive until early January. I assume that boots me out since a drive down south prior to clear bra would do a number on the car?
Old 10-22-2014, 11:12 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Mech33
Hmm I'm in northern California and my car doesn't arrive until early January. I assume that boots me out since a drive down south prior to clear bra would do a number on the car?
Not necessarily. The group effort should be done within a 2-3 week window and January service would work should be fine. And, you should expect prep done before work starts anyway. So, you're solid if you're interested.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:26 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,726 Likes on 4,759 Posts

Originally Posted by hfm
Most of you will likely have seen Moe's thread here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...o-coating.html

I've done a little research on pricing and work product expectations with other vendors for clear bra service. I am comfortable after telephone discussions and email conversations with Moe to say that I believe GP will provide highest quality work product and service suitable for our rather pricy rides. So, the negotiator in me caused me to start discussions with Moe about pricing for clear bra, tinting, nano coating and hardware installation and he has been upfront that pricing remains consistent for all customers for the obvious reason of maintaining fair and consistent pricing for everyone.

However, Moe recognized when I said I come from a more humble 350Z background and that I had an expectation of lower prices for services related to that more modest car that I was hesitant with anticipated pricing even knowing quoted prices are reasonable and of good value relative to time spent by GP. And, therefore, Moe kindly advised me that a discount may arise if multiple cars are done during a finite period of time. Effectively, a multi-car discount and group discount maybe available and additionally, cash payment discount maybe available as well. Without going into precise percentages or dollar amounts, depending upon what is done, this is a matter of several hundreds of dollars worth of discount for each of us depending upon work done. To give a point of reference, in my case, I may expect more than a $500.00 discount in the case of a group buy. More if I pick a cash payment option. Your savings would also be based upon a percentage discount off your invoice.

So, for all you So Cal MY 2015 owners expecting delivery near the mid to end of December, or 2014ers who haven't done it yet, we may take advantage of this opportunity if we coordinate our clear bra, tinting, nano-coating needs. If you're interested, please add your name to the below group buy list.

1. HFM
2. ipse dixit

Dan (hopes a few members will join him to get premium quality work done and to save a few bucks to boot)
Interested. Count me in.

Expected delivery January 2015.
Old 10-23-2014, 02:37 AM
vf430
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

interested jan delivery too, please add me to list
Old 10-23-2014, 03:09 AM
MayorAdamWest
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

$500 off wouldn't even be 10% on a full wrap, and while they may be the best, they are quite a lot more than others. I'm also in NorCal, but if the discount were a bit juicier, I may consider driving down there. I need to get those first 2k miles done quick.
Old 10-23-2014, 06:30 AM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by MayorAdamWest
$500 off wouldn't even be 10% on a full wrap, and while they may be the best, they are quite a lot more than others. I'm also in NorCal, but if the discount were a bit juicier, I may consider driving down there. I need to get those first 2k miles done quick.
Mine is based upon a partial wrap. Depending upon the details to be finalized, I can say we're looking at 10-15% based upon what I've discussed so far.

I suggest contacting Moe if you're interested and decide if this is for you.
Old 10-23-2014, 06:32 AM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

1. HFM
2. ipse dixit
3. Vf430
Old 10-23-2014, 11:16 AM
Porsche-Suchtig
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm in. I also have two other cars I'd like Moe to do, if that helps with the group buy.
Old 10-23-2014, 11:39 AM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

1. HFM
2. ipse dixit
3. Vf430
4. GT3_racer

Given the time involved for these jobs, I'm going to find out if there will be a cap in numbers or if Moe wishes to extend the period of group buy. And, I will also find out if Moe would prefer members contact him directly or if he would like to post further instruction here. In any event, you are all obviously welcome to PM him directly. Moe's telephone number is 949.355.4911.

Dan (thanks everyone for their interest)
Old 10-23-2014, 12:10 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 697 Likes on 366 Posts

WOW...that was fast hfm...I didn't realize you'd start the inquiry with our rennlister so quickly. Kudos on effort.

So, gentlemen...as most of you that have worked with us know, we're a little different than anyone you've done business with. Bottom line, HOW we do what we do is why clients seek us out. You can get any of the services mentioned by hfm, from many other shops around, and most will do fine work. What makes GP different is the manner which we align with the RIGHT client. Most our clients have been around and most are deemed as "that" guy who others cannot make happy. Well, I went into this business because I wanted to be "that" guy that made the OCD client others dreaded, happy. We accomplish things on a level that I would want my car to be worked on. I want to know, even though I'll never see something, touch something, or know about something done behind the scenes, that the guys working on my car focused on quality and integrity as their #1 objective. We provide VALUE and a unique product. There's a reason why I call my studio, The Asylum. Your cars are our patients, my staff are the orderlies, and GP is your safe haven for doing work on a level you've only dreamed of.

So, one of the other unique things to our business is how we price things. All of you are intelligent people and with a little savvy searching on the web, it's not difficult to find out how much material, supplies, etc. cost going into the work we perform. Anyone can have the right material and tools, but it's the monkey behind the tool and how the products are used that is the focus here. You are buying time at the asylum...simple as that. With time comes our expertise, our vision, and our execution of the project. So, please keep that in consideration, and please don't get offended if you find what things may cost here are more, sometimes less, than what you've encountered before. As with speaking with hfm, one of my follow up emails addressed how I heard it in his tone that he was getting a little flustered when we started tallying up what he wanted. My advice was, please adjust your thoughts and realize you are finally aligning with someone that can deliver what you've always wanted, and sometimes exceed it too. Please don't compare our level of end-product, to a low price you've paid before. We can work with almost any budget, we just cannot do above average work, for average cost.

We've never done a group buy such as this. I don't ever reduce my prices for anyone. I've walked away from multi-thousand $$ projects, because client wanted a "deal". We don't "deal" here because:

1. We don't need to. We're in demand because it's taken me 20 years to perfect my craft, and it's continually evolving, and we specialize in Porsche since the beginning. We know YOUR car in and out regarding areas we work on.

2. I want an even playing field for everyone. Focus is on quality, not "can I make a deal to pay my rent this month". It would sadden me greatly if I "hooked up" one client and he met another client at Car and Coffee and as they were admiring the same work, one tell the other he got me to give him a "deal". That's not building solid relationships IMHO.

3. It's taken me so long to brand GP, and by constantly doing jobs at lower prices, I would lower the brand equity and goodwill. Just as you are contemplating our services and the value proposition, also take into consideration that many of our clients include our invoices over the years as part of the "for sale" bundle come resale time. When someone knows your car was a patient at the asylum, they know a small validation of what they're getting. So, often, you can recoup most of what you spent with us by asking a premium for your car, as you should. GP cars are matched with their caring owners...they usually are the best resale cars...cosmetically, better than any CPO IMHO.

Finally, I'm only doing this offer with you as the response has been so great regarding GT3s since you guys saw the thread of the one we did back in February. We've got about 6 GT3s booked and about a dozen of you are on the fence. We only give three discounts here...

Payment - so I don't pay cc fees, and I pass on the savings to you 5%
Multi-car - we believe in this incentive because it saves us money on marketing and advertising 5%
Referral - we value relationships greatly, and reward clients that are what we consider "GP Brand Executive"...you share the same passion about our business and quest as we do 5%

So, that's it...one consistent retail price, and an incentive process that is up to you to take advantage of. As you can see, this group buy is an excellent opportunity, since, individually, you may not have qualified for all the incentive, but as part of this group buy, all your cars are bundles for the multi-car discount, you all are referring each other, and those taking advantage of payment option can get the full incentive we offer.

I hope the above sheds light on THIS process. If you feel this isn't for you, please respect others by allowing their experience to be a positive one and just appreciate the journey they're about to encounter. Perhaps, once they experience it and share their feedback, you may realize this service is of value to YOU, and you too would want to experience it. Or, this simply isn't your cup-of-tea, but hopefully you'll appreciate the hard work, passion, and artistry that's involved.

So, if all this makes sense, and see yourself and your GT3 as a right fit for the asylum, please allow me the opportunity to deliver quite possibly, the most unique New Car experience you've ever had the pleasure of being a part of. I'm so excited to be a part of this and appreciate the efforts of hfm.

The next step is to get on the list for hfm and/or contact me via PM or 949-355-4911

See you on the other side!!
Old 10-23-2014, 12:44 PM
JimSand
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you HFM and Moe!

1. HFM
2. ipse dixit
3. Vf430
4. GT3_racer
5. JimSand
Old 10-23-2014, 02:56 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

For those of you wondering if this is a one-time shot, you'll be glad to know we're going at the pace our schedule allows us. So, if we end up getting more cars than our schedule allows, we'll still honor this group buy until all of you that have signed up, get your cars completed. I will begin contacting you guys on the list, take deposit, and book you for the tentative time slot. I know it's tough to pin down an exact date, but you should have a ball park date of delivery, so we work around that.

Also, for those not close to us, we can make arrangements to either have your car transported to and from, or, you can drive down here and spend a few days in sunny SoCal. We have a kit for those coming from far. We send you the proper precautionary things like painter's tape and tracwrap, disposable clear bra, to protect the entire car on its journey here.
Old 10-23-2014, 04:26 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

OK fellas...got off the phone with a client that is taking delivery in May, and it got me thinking.

If you already have a build date and confirmation# for your 911, I'll go ahead and honor this GB if our services are scheduled and you pay the deposit now.

Who knows when/if, we offer this GB again, but I figured some of you early birds can now have an opportunity as well.

On a side note, I'm getting goose bumps every time I get a PM or a call regarding what we're all doing here. We work so hard here at the asylum, and it's so refreshing to see there are so many of you out there that want this level of work and it re-assures me that quality and workmanship can be sustainable like it use to be in the old days Group hug!!
Old 10-23-2014, 04:54 PM
cingulus
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=JimSand;11746173]Thank you HFM and Moe!

1. HFM
2. ipse dixit
3. Vf430
4. GT3_racer
5. JimSand
6. Cingulus

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GP Clear Bra Group Buy