Sponsored by:

Huracan vs 991 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 01:35 AM
provoke
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Huracan vs 991 GT3

Anyone had the pleasure of driving a Hurican and a new 991 GT3? Just wondering.... I drove a Hurican over the weekend for about an hour pretty much unrestricted. Corsa mode the entire time.. Thing drove like a raging bull.. So crisp and nimble.. Power/braking was unbelievable. Not even in the same category as the previous Gallardo's. I was shocked after a day of about 300 miles (drivers swapped out about every hour) there wasn't one check engine light on the damn thing.. I have a 15' 991 in transit finally on the boat and just wondered if anyone has been able to compare the two.. I'm not here to get bashed on how the GT3 will out perform it etc etc etc. Just wanted to get an opinion if anyone has.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:57 AM
aznkuja328
Instructor

I like the interior and exterior of the huracan. the v10 on that car is definitely more brutal than the one on the gt3. however, handling on both cars are completely different. the steering on the huracan isn't as precise and consistent as the gt3, and it understeers quite much. lastly, gt3 catches a lot less attention than many supercars, and that's something I really like.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:00 AM
oc997
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I own both will let you know when I get more seat time in my huracan but steering is not even close to the surgical precision as GT3.

The straight line acceleration and torque def beats the GT3 for sure but on paper the 0-60 is quite close.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:16 AM
sebearstian
Instructor

My username is huracan.

I ordered one and cancelled it for the gt3 because i thought the huracan is better for showing off and gt3 better for driving.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:28 AM
rwcsn1
Instructor

Originally Posted by huracan
My username is huracan.

I ordered one and cancelled it for the gt3 because i thought the huracan is better for showing off and gt3 better for driving.
I agree. My brother has a Huracan, and he's definitely the showy type. I am getting the GT3 b/c I plan on actually driving it.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:29 AM
AciDShOrT
Instructor

I have driven both and would agree with the above posts. The huracan is set up to understeer for safety purposes, thus it will never be a great track car. Im sure for cruising around and picking up looks it is totally spot on, however when compared to a GT3 which is meant to extract and improve on a 911's track potential its realy not a fair comparison. It all depends on what markers you use to determine what is good in a car. The huracan is kinda like candy to me, its really nice and makes you feel good but doesn't really have much substance... yet...
Old 10-20-2014, 12:18 PM
ToyGuyAZ
Banned

I've tracked my 991GT3 and I tracked a new Huracan at Thermal this past weekend. The Huracan is a great car and was good on the track. It doesn't understeer as much as people think. It's quite a bit faster than the GT3 (in a straight line), as it should be. Tracked an Aventador as well and that car is absolutely terrible on the track. There were a few 991GT3's on the track as well, one of them I know is a member on here.

Old 10-20-2014, 01:10 PM
mikemiaos
Instructor

I thought about having both Huracan and GT3. But then the question comes, with that much money, why not get a 458 Speciale?
Old 10-20-2014, 02:18 PM
rosino
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have gt3 on order and cannot stretch to the Speciale. If I could would be a Speciale all the way. Would never touch a hurracan with the Speciale at similar price point.

Sure it looks pretty but the Speciale is not exactly ugly. And at least is has function and not only form...
Old 10-20-2014, 02:41 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by rosino
I have gt3 on order and cannot stretch to the Speciale. If I could would be a Speciale all the way. Would never touch a hurracan with the Speciale at similar price point.

Sure it looks pretty but the Speciale is not exactly ugly. And at least is has function and not only form...
Yea but for most the chances of ordering a new Speciale are slim to none.....getting a new Huracan (albeit a wait) is not difficult.....and you can get a nicely optioned Huracan for the base price of a Speciale....
Old 10-20-2014, 02:50 PM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ToyGuyAZ
I've tracked my 991GT3 and I tracked a new Huracan at Thermal this past weekend. The Huracan is a great car and was good on the track. It doesn't understeer as much as people think. It's quite a bit faster than the GT3 (in a straight line), as it should be. Tracked an Aventador as well and that car is absolutely terrible on the track. There were a few 991GT3's on the track as well, one of them I know is a member on here.
I was at this event as well, and second the comments. I wasn't expecting too much from the Huracan and walked away very impressed. Effortless to drive quickly and yet still emotive. Sound is epic. Price is too high. Understeer wasn't that obvious and of course can be corrected with camber and proper tires. Aventador is a pig.

Conversely, I had very high expectations for the 991 GT3 and was underwhelmed after driving it. Hard to know if my own preconceptions ruined the assessment. Need more seat time in both to know for sure.
Old 10-20-2014, 05:29 PM
Lebo
Instructor

Originally Posted by Hoopumpers
I was at this event as well, and second the comments. I wasn't expecting too much from the Huracan and walked away very impressed. Effortless to drive quickly and yet still emotive. Sound is epic. Price is too high. Understeer wasn't that obvious and of course can be corrected with camber and proper tires. Aventador is a pig.

Conversely, I had very high expectations for the 991 GT3 and was underwhelmed after driving it. Hard to know if my own preconceptions ruined the assessment. Need more seat time in both to know for sure.
Why were you underwhelmed ? Curious to know as I am going from a TTS to a 991 gt3
Old 10-20-2014, 05:53 PM
br911
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

I stopped by at Thermal this weekend for a few minutes as well - didn't drive anything though. But can say that the Huracan sounded quite nice, better than the Aventador imo. Despite the nice looks, it attracts too much attention - I saw the BH Lambo team arriving back at the hotel and what a scene. Not for me, but I can understand that for some this is a great car to have. I believe Speciales, based on a conversation with someone who jus got one last month, are hard to get these days, so the Huracan's might find a niche somewhere. Sorry I can only offer assessment base on my ears and eyes, but hope it helps.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:01 PM
scott watkins
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

This is just yummy!

Old 10-20-2014, 07:04 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

Did you guys know about this because you are Thermal members? It feels like I get junk e-mail from O'Gara every other day, but did not know about this event...been wanting to get the Gallardo on the track, and check out Thermal as well...bummed I missed it.

Quick Reply: Huracan vs 991 GT3