Sponsored by:

GT3 goes from 1st to 3rd best driver's car

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 12:28 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Petevb
Interesting that three out of eight put the Cayman GTS ahead of the GT3.
Tisshaw even put the Cayman GTS ahead of the 458Sp!!!

And while there was a fair bit of consensus on the top 3 (4/8 chose the top 3 cars for their 123, 3/8 chose two of the top 3 for their 123, and only 1/8 picked just 1 car in his 123 (guess who?--LK)), surprisingly there was no consensus on the ranking of these top 3 cars (i.e. no 2 judges picked the exact same ranking for 123)! Hard to understand what criteria each judge was using to determine these rankings.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:35 AM
mikemiaos
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hfm
"Lewis Kingston Deputy digital editor

Lewis enjoys researching and testing any kind of vehicle that moves under its own power. His first car was an old Triumph and since then he’s owned over thirty classic and performance cars. Having studied motorsport engineering at Coventry, Lewis is particularly interested in innovative and advanced new systems or features. Despite this, he has a peculiar penchant for both Jeeps and Corvettes. Follow Lewis on Google+"

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...steering-fault

He likes Caymans because he got to review one.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...cayman-spotted

Here is his contribution to GT3 reviews.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...rsche-911-gt3s

This guy is a piece of work.
LMAO
Old 10-19-2014, 12:19 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1pvr
Who's this Lewis Kinsgston ranking the GT3 #7???!!!
He probably belongs to the camp that believes that a rear engined sports car is a fatal design flaw.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:27 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Petevb

Interesting that three out of eight put the Cayman GTS ahead of the GT3.
I had the opportunity to drive the GTS back to back with the gt3 at the porsche road show. I was so impressed by the gts that I asked the pro driver from Porsche Germany there why any one would pay so much more for a gt3? He replied "Well you can drive the gt3 much faster than the gts if you wanted too......"
Old 10-19-2014, 03:25 PM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by aamersa
I had the opportunity to drive the GTS back to back with the gt3 at the porsche road show. I was so impressed by the gts that I asked the pro driver from Porsche Germany there why any one would pay so much more for a gt3? He replied "Well you can drive the gt3 much faster than the gts if you wanted too......"
He might have also said: better engine, better gearbox, better wheels, better brakes, better suspension, better steering feel and better resale value
Old 10-20-2014, 04:07 AM
AciDShOrT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you track a Speciale, it feels like the car weights much less than it does. It feels like you could pick it up off the ground, point it in the right direction, place it back on the ground and then take off right to your exit point. And it does it all while feeling like a Ferrari, with the intangibles associated with that. The GT3 feels like its defying physics because the car FEELS its weight, but its just doing more than it is supposed to be able to do. It turns in better than you think it should. Its super planted... as it should be being a 911, on exit. But it does it all with you knowing its a heavier car.

I have a Speciale on order. Im very excited. I wouldn't call it a replacement of my 991 GT3. But its nice to know that my 991 will be able to play in the same sand box as my Speciale.

Quick Reply: GT3 goes from 1st to 3rd best driver's car