Sponsored by:

Door VIN sticker

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 12:24 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by redlightrich
Hello Doubleurx, not trying to start a fight, but I am not sure what kind of service you got that "blew you or your family away". I got zip from Porsche until I called them. Then I asked for it in writing and after several calls, I got a vague email. I call my dealer and he says call my rep. I call the rep and get no response. Being my car is not here, and it was ordered in 2013, and I have no clue as to when it will come, I am not seeing any customer service at all. Yes I paid a deposit in 2013 and had a commission number in January and even a VIN but no car. Am I doing something wrong? Like I said, I am not trying to fight, I just want to understand what service is/was offered to others? If I had my car 2 months ago, it may be easier to swallow, but at this point, I think Porsche service ranks pretty low. Thanks for any insight you can offer Rich
Hi Rich, you should contact either Ian or Andrea at PCNA. They should take care of you. I was contacted by Ian pretty early in March. They kept me updated, provided me with a brand new 2014 Carrera S loaner for several months until my GT 3 arrived, compensated me for the 18 way memory seats in full, as well as the $2000/month compensation and the extended warranty My car was delivered to me, just about a month ago. Pretty good service to me.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:32 PM
redlightrich
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 34 Posts

Hello all, just a follow up to this thread. My car came today and it has a 9-14 sticker on the door. Now, I know this car was assembled in February. It was completed ( with a "bad" motor in March), so either the sticker is installed at the very end of the process, or this one got changed.

I was told the motors that were changed at the factory ( like mine) got a new vin sticker and assembly date, and if it was done in port, the original stayed on. I find this very interesting and would love to hear from anyone who could add to this.

I love old cars, and in 25 or 30 years when I am gone to the Pearly Gates ( I hope) someone will be trying to solve the puzzle of the 9-14 titled as a 2014, when cars built 9-14 are also a 2015.

Thanks for any input

Rich
Old 10-24-2014, 10:22 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

This is a good topic and confusing one also.....production stickers are applied to vehicles as one of the final processes before car exits production line. The stickers are preprinted based on month of scheduled completion. I do not know nor does PAG contact know how or why the stickers would be changed due to engine swap as most went on through assembly process (stickers applied) and were stored until engine investigation and eventual replacement was done.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:28 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by redlightrich
Hello all, just a follow up to this thread. My car came today and it has a 9-14 sticker on the door. Now, I know this car was assembled in February. It was completed ( with a "bad" motor in March), so either the sticker is installed at the very end of the process, or this one got changed.

I was told the motors that were changed at the factory ( like mine) got a new vin sticker and assembly date, and if it was done in port, the original stayed on. I find this very interesting and would love to hear from anyone who could add to this.

I love old cars, and in 25 or 30 years when I am gone to the Pearly Gates ( I hope) someone will be trying to solve the puzzle of the 9-14 titled as a 2014, when cars built 9-14 are also a 2015.

Thanks for any input

Rich
Very unusual....silly question, you are positive that assembly was complete? Was your status updated before stop sale announced or after? Possible that after known engine assemblies (bad ones) were installed they somehow did not hit certain stations in assembly afterwards knowing they would be brought back through? Don't know.
Old 10-25-2014, 12:12 AM
redlightrich
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 34 Posts

I can not be positive, but my rep, and my dealer said the car was completed, but waiting for a new motor.
I was told the car was complete, but would not ship due to the stop sale. I cant say with any degree of certainty that there ever was a sticker on the car, but I will say this, this is the first brand new car I ever bought that does not smell new.

It smells clean, but certainly does not smell new. I attribute that to the fact that it was complete ( as my rep said) and sitting in Germany for 7 more months waiting for a motor. Now that I think about it, I was done out of my new car smell. Damn, I guess I can start smoking in it tomorrow guilt free.

Honestly, I don't know for sure there ever was a sticker there. But the motor number stickers have 2, so why some stickers on but not others?
Old 06-13-2015, 01:12 PM
goldengun
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Rich, the sticker you are referring to is in the driver's door jamb and was not replaced. It will reflect the month and year of initial production, VIN, manufacturer, and other info, but does not show the engine number.

There are other smaller stickers in 3 locations (edge of hood, passenger door jamb near the door hinges, edge of rear deck lid) that do show only the engine number and VIN. These were to be replaced when new engines were installed.
Sorry to resurrect this thread. I have the two of the stickers mentioned above: the one in the door jamb (near hinges) and on the edge of the rear deck lid.

Am i right to assume that the unique engine number for my car is the serial number after M175 on the lower line ?
Old 06-13-2015, 07:47 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Responded to your PM....yes, the engine number is in the format MA175-XXXXXX with the X's being the 6 digit alpha-numeric code on the sticker.

Quick Reply: Door VIN sticker