Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Desperately tracking Kentucky Highway!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 09:35 PM
Magnetic K
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 26 Posts

My 2015 white GT3 is also a shipmate onboard the Kentucky Highway. My vehicle had finished production on 9/16. Porsche must have waited to batch the 2015s together for shipment to the states on 10/11. The anticipation!
Old 10-14-2014, 11:11 PM
redlightrich
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 34 Posts

I am really happy for everyone who has a 2015 on the way, but it is making me feel like a sap.

I have waited since September of 2013 for this car, and 2015s will be delivered simultaneously as my instant left over?

Porsche claims that ( based on their lease numbers) the car depreciates 30% in the first 12 months. My compensation will be approx 7%?

I am beginning to feel like a jack*** or at least as if I am treated as such.

The worst part is the cold and snow and rock salted chemical sprayed roads are just around the corner. It snowed in October the last 2 years here so I get to put it away for more rapid depreciation before I really enjoy.

I am not walking away because I have so much invested emotionally in this, but I really look at Porsche in a different way. This car better be the car to end all cars for all the drama it created. Sorry for the rant, but Porsche has been super weak in doing anything that would make people feel better.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:23 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by redlightrich
I am really happy for everyone who has a 2015 on the way, but it is making me feel like a sap. I have waited since September of 2013 for this car, and 2015s will be delivered simultaneously as my instant left over? Porsche claims that ( based on their lease numbers) the car depreciates 30% in the first 12 months. My compensation will be approx 7%? I am beginning to feel like a jack*** or at least as if I am treated as such. The worst part is the cold and snow and rock salted chemical sprayed roads are just around the corner. It snowed in October the last 2 years here so I get to put it away for more rapid depreciation before I really enjoy. I am not walking away because I have so much invested emotionally in this, but I really look at Porsche in a different way. This car better be the car to end all cars for all the drama it created. Sorry for the rant, but Porsche has been super weak in doing anything that would make people feel better.

Drive it once and your focus and feelings will completely change. I won't say all will be forgotten, but the car is so incredibly good, you can't help but smile.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:43 PM
redlightrich
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 34 Posts

Thanks, I was hoping that was the case, but darn, waiting since 9-2013 is getting silly!!!
Old 10-14-2014, 11:45 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Was gone for 5 days the day after taking delivery of my gt silver beauty. Took her for a ride tonight. Guys... The car is so incredible I can't describe it. I can't wait to start seeing some reactions!!
Old 10-15-2014, 12:14 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by redlightrich
I am really happy for everyone who has a 2015 on the way, but it is making me feel like a sap.

I have waited since September of 2013 for this car, and 2015s will be delivered simultaneously as my instant left over?

Porsche claims that ( based on their lease numbers) the car depreciates 30% in the first 12 months. My compensation will be approx 7%?

I am beginning to feel like a jack*** or at least as if I am treated as such.

The worst part is the cold and snow and rock salted chemical sprayed roads are just around the corner. It snowed in October the last 2 years here so I get to put it away for more rapid depreciation before I really enjoy.

I am not walking away because I have so much invested emotionally in this, but I really look at Porsche in a different way. This car better be the car to end all cars for all the drama it created. Sorry for the rant, but Porsche has been super weak in doing anything that would make people feel better.
Firstly, I feel for you and am sorry you've felt let down.
I have no reason to doubt what sgroer and others have said about the car. I have been driven around a track in one and was staggered at its performance. I hope you find it to be better than your expectations.

I would like to comment on the issue of depreciation. IMO, regardless of MY the 991 GT3 will depreciate far less than any other current variant of the 991. I think 30% depreciation over 12 months is harsh and unrealistic. It is likely to be significantly less.

So, try to put the troubled parts of this GT3 experience behind you and enjoy the car!
Old 10-15-2014, 12:27 AM
kencollinsjr
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't care about depreciation on this car. My goal is to put at least 200,000 miles on it. I walk to work 2 blocks every day and only log about 5,000 miles per year on my RS4, so that means I will have to wait 40 years under my current situation or take more / longer trips to accomplish my goal. I'm 36 and who knows if I'll reach 76. Anyhow, I just can't wait to try to reach some sort of all-time mileage record on a GT3.

In other news, I just landed from L.A. into the ATL airport and walked through parking to find someone parked a red 997.2 GT3 from Hennessey in the upper deck exposed to the elements. I wanted to shake that person's hand. Well done, good sir. Well done.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:14 AM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

And speaking of the elements..... the North Atlantic is not a fun place to be right now!
The Good Ship Lollipop is staying north of this big low pressure Gale.
And Clover Ace is sitting back in the English Channel.
From the maps you can see our ship is in 4-5 foot seas and
25-30 knot winds. My bet is Kentucky Highway will try to bee-line
for Newfoundland and depending on where Gonzalo is in 4-5 days
maybe sneak into the Gulf of St. Lawrence for smoother seas.
This is wild. Who knew?

Old 10-15-2014, 09:27 AM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Good Ship Lollipop is due into Davisville on Monday.
Look where Gonzalo is predicted to be on Sunday.
Hmmm. Stay tuned folks.

Old 10-15-2014, 09:40 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

^^ Cripes! Nasty stuff indeed.

Your tub has really had to go up north to avoid the weather!

I've sent instructions for extra rations and grog for the poor sods on the Clover Ace

Old 10-15-2014, 09:46 AM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

hahhahaha, that will help!
Old 10-16-2014, 09:09 AM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Here's you morning update! Half way there!

Old 10-16-2014, 09:16 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rubbaman
Here's you morning update! Half way there!
How much have you spent on pings? Just a ballpark :-)
Old 10-16-2014, 09:32 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

You win! The Clover Ace is STILL in the English Channel and going around in circles!
Old 10-16-2014, 10:40 AM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sgroer
How much have you spent on pings? Just a ballpark :-)
Hahhahaha So far about $20. I have about 4 more pings in the bank I think!

Quick Reply: Desperately tracking Kentucky Highway!