Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Event - Smokies & GT3 Sermons in Spring

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 09:26 PM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 92 Posts

I'd like to attend. I have a 2015 sapphire blue with dec or jan delivery and may also have my wife or son bring my Aqua 2011 RS. The RS has cats only and no mufflers....so it's a bit of a brain rattling sound...
Old 10-17-2014, 01:53 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

I'm not sure the group would appreciate a loud RS Porsche.

HAHAHAHAA!!!! Bring it!!!
Old 10-17-2014, 09:46 PM
allans
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok Guys, I met with AMP today and they would love to have us for a day in May. I indicated we would require a "Private" day starting at about 9AM and ending at 5PM. A catered lunch would be served at a time of our choice, with snacks and drinks available through out the day. I expect to receive a detailed Proposal early next week and will outline it here. We also need to discuss, in our Group, what Instructor help we want to have available. This can be arranged through AMP or I can arrange it for those who would like to have it.
Best, Allan
Old 10-17-2014, 10:02 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by allans
Ok Guys, I met with AMP today and they would love to have us for a day in May. I indicated we would require a "Private" day starting at about 9AM and ending at 5PM. A catered lunch would be served at a time of our choice, with snacks and drinks available through out the day. I expect to receive a detailed Proposal early next week and will outline it here. We also need to discuss, in our Group, what Instructor help we want to have available. This can be arranged through AMP or I can arrange it for those who would like to have it.
Best, Allan
Allan,

Has the this proposed event confirmed to be a May time line ?
In other words has April been ruled out ?

Deacon
Old 10-17-2014, 10:14 PM
allans
Burning Brakes

^^ Not that I've heard. I'm just saying May because it seems likely. We'll have to see what the participants decide. Allan
Old 10-17-2014, 10:21 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

^^^ Roger That , Thanks
Old 10-17-2014, 10:47 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Allans,

that is really great news.

These are the updates for the items i was looking into:

LODGING: Fontana has openings for this group in March, or June... otherwise only memorial day and easter were open.. the rest of the time the lodge is booked. I'm talking to Haku this weekend probably, and have been fwd'ing him the correspondence I have with the event coordinator at Fontana. In the end I think our lock-down date will become more a function of hotel availability for a group this large.

ERIC HUFFMAN: the man himself emailed me back yesterday.. he said he would be happy to be involved and participate in this event. He requested that the earlier we set up a date the better as his schedule gets pretty busy.

Ohlins USA: haven't heard back yet... I'll post up info when i get it.
Killboy.com (photography): nothing back yet... but it's very very early days.

As soon as we get some firm dates regarding lodging, I'm sure Haku will post the date. I'm happy to assist where needed, just feels kind of silly doing this without a car on the horizon at the moment, and living on the west coast. I love however how many people are pitching in to help... this is how great events, and eventually great traditions are created.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:24 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

^^^Alex^^^
Just like to say Thanks for your efforts to this cause , especially given your circumstances ,
You are Truly a High Caliber Guy . Sure hope the Gt3 housing sorts out for you so you can get one !

Old 10-17-2014, 11:58 PM
allans
Burning Brakes

Alex, I thank you too. FWIW I think early June would be a great time for this event. The weather is usually mild, not much rain and very nice evenings - especially in the mountains. Hope this can work. Allan
Old 10-18-2014, 12:11 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

Thanks for looking in to this Allan. I am very close to pulling the trigger on AMP. The car is begging for the track!
Old 10-18-2014, 03:35 AM
allans
Burning Brakes

If you need any info on the program let me know. Also, If I can help acquaint you with the track I would be glad to help. Allan
Old 10-18-2014, 04:44 AM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 285 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by allans
Alex, I thank you too. FWIW I think early June would be a great time for this event. The weather is usually mild, not much rain and very nice evenings - especially in the mountains. Hope this can work. Allan
June could work for me. Memorial Day weekend would be a no go for me in 2015 as I have a bachelor party to attend. I am hopeful I can make it work, and understand the hotel is the key item.

Last edited by mwar99; 11-02-2014 at 10:07 PM.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:58 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

Firstly thanks for all the interest.
The response has been fantastic and quite overwhelming!

The "steering committee" sgroer, kencollinsjr, Lodi, and I met on Thursday and apart from gawping and drooling over sgroers beautiful GT Silver GT3 we did manage to have a brief discussion about the event.

Over the next few days we will prepare an outline of what our proposition is for the event and post it here. It will take into consideration personal factors (attendees and organisers) and realistic timescales and activities. The idea is that we ALL want to have fun without feeling encumbered or pressured. Whatever we do, short or long, small or large, its of course important to get it right. It's with that in mind that we may have to manage numbers and dates in a more critical manner. So please bear with us and watch this space.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:51 PM
1pvr
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any dates decided upon yet? I can be good for May pretty easily, and the only dates in June I can't attend would be 6/8-14. Need to firm up the plans, though.
Old 11-02-2014, 10:40 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 983 Likes on 509 Posts

At last report Haku claimed he was stuck in his car :-)

Quick Reply: Event - Smokies & GT3 Sermons in Spring