Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dsc999 View Post
I let Eric know. He's aware and potentially interested
Thank you d. That's great.
Old 10-14-2014, 04:21 PM
CAlexio
Super User

If you decide on a range of dates; and want to go to fontana, make sure you check with fontana for availabikity.. It gets packed with car and bike groups on certain weekends.

Haku; Id be happy to help here, send me a pm if you want to talk live with your cell and I'll call you.
Old 10-14-2014, 04:24 PM
mwar99
User

Originally Posted by Haku View Post
Your GT3 Event Needs You!

A small group of us are meeting on Thursday to firm up a few core things about the event (dates, length of event, potential activities, etc) so please submit any relevant requests/comments/suggestions asap.

Proposed event dates: April end or May

Question to all: How many days should the event last for?
My thought is maybe a Thur-Sun time frame. With Sunday being a drive day home and Thur being the first full day which we do something making Wednesday a drive day for me or anyone else traveling far.

Just my thoughts. Feel free to critique
Old 10-14-2014, 04:38 PM
911dev
Super User

Originally Posted by mwar99 View Post
My thought is maybe a Thur-Sun time frame. With Sunday being a drive day home and Thur being the first full day which we do something making Wednesday a drive day for me or anyone else traveling far.

I'm all for that type of agenda.

Haku ~ if there is anything I can help with just say the word. Passengers are elective of course, however, any thoughts as to the majority bringing significant others?
Old 10-14-2014, 06:06 PM
reidry
Addict
Rennlist Member

The suggested 4 days makes sense to me. Gives time for groups that may be coming from the same area to travel together perhaps on their own mini-road trip ahead of the main event.

Definitely should consider significant others, my wife and I plan to attend together.

Ryan
Old 10-14-2014, 06:55 PM
kencollinsjr
Addict
Rennlist Member

Calexio, I think we share a friend (Preetesh Patel). He's a neighbor of mine.

For the record I'm an Atlanta native and have a house in the N Ga mtns so spend quite a bit of time in that GA/TN/NC corridor.

Eric has been my instructor twice at Barber/ PSDS. Oncer for sport and once for masters. Like that guy a lot.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:44 PM
_BrakeDust_
User

This timeframe seems perfect to me.
Old 10-14-2014, 08:19 PM
allans
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by _BrakeDust_ View Post
This timeframe seems perfect to me.
Agreed. One option would be to have the track event on the first day and then proceed from there. This would save some time and the "route suggestions" are an easy start from AMP. Also, it sets up well for a kickoff at Hennessy if that is desired. Allan
Old 10-14-2014, 08:46 PM
Guest89
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kencollinsjr View Post
Calexio, I think we share a friend (Preetesh Patel). He's a neighbor of mine.

For the record I'm an Atlanta native and have a house in the N Ga mtns so spend quite a bit of time in that GA/TN/NC corridor.

Eric has been my instructor twice at Barber/ PSDS. Oncer for sport and once for masters. Like that guy a lot.
What part of N. GA?
Old 10-14-2014, 09:07 PM
cantdrive55
Addict
Rennlist Member

i'm in with the exception of mother's day weekend and 5/21-24ů

2015 mexico blue - somewhere in the middle of the atlantic as i write (rubbaman knows EXACTLY where it is!!!)

i'll be coming down from the motor cityů love the track day idea...

CAN"T WAIT...
Old 10-14-2014, 10:40 PM
P-Car777
User

Originally Posted by allans View Post
Allan, great info. Would you take up the banner of Track Activity Planner and folks can channel their contact and relevant input to you?

Yes, I'll be happy to do it. I'll be at AMP on Friday, will check out options and report back. If anyone would like to join me shoot me a PM.
Allan
Sounds good Allan, let me know if there is any way I can help.

Enjoy Friday, weather is supposed to be good!
Old 10-14-2014, 11:35 PM
Haku
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CAlexio View Post
If you decide on a range of dates; and want to go to fontana, make sure you check with fontana for availabikity.. It gets packed with car and bike groups on certain weekends.

Haku; Id be happy to help here, send me a pm if you want to talk live with your cell and I'll call you.
PM with contact info sent this afternoon Alex. Let me know if you haven't got it.

Thur - Sun timeframe seems to suit many. Seems like the way to go so unless an unforeseen issue comes up at our meeting on thursday lets go with this.

Timeframe: THU - SUN (3 day event)

Btw, Your "* maybe" tag is no more!

Originally Posted by 911dev View Post
I'm all for that type of agenda.

Haku ~ if there is anything I can help with just say the word. Passengers are elective of course, however, any thoughts as to the majority bringing significant others?
The consensus is YES bring your significant others!

Beware, there will be photos taken so mistresses, etc. are advised to wear large dark eyewear!

Originally Posted by reidry View Post
The suggested 4 days makes sense to me. Gives time for groups that may be coming from the same area to travel together perhaps on their own mini-road trip ahead of the main event.

Definitely should consider significant others, my wife and I plan to attend together.

Ryan
Agreed.

Originally Posted by allans View Post
Agreed. One option would be to have the track event on the first day and then proceed from there. This would save some time and the "route suggestions" are an easy start from AMP. Also, it sets up well for a kickoff at Hennessy if that is desired. Allan
Allan, would AMP be more accommodating to our group if we went with your suggestion of a non-weekend track day?

A start at Hennessy or at AMP would be perfect.

Originally Posted by cantdrive55 View Post
i'm in with the exception of mother's day weekend and 5/21-24…

2015 mexico blue - somewhere in the middle of the atlantic as i write (rubbaman knows EXACTLY where it is!!!)

i'll be coming down from the motor city… love the track day idea...
CAN"T WAIT...
NOT on mother's day weekend and 5/21-24

I'm quite sure this won't be over Mothers Day.
Am thrilled that you are making the effort and coming down! Welcome!
PM on its way to you soon.
Your car is probably one of the last PTO's and its going to be a stunner.
My boat isn't too far behind yours. Exciting stuff huh?

Thank you all for your input and efforts! You're an amazing bunch who are already making this fun.
Old 10-15-2014, 12:35 AM
kencollinsjr
Addict
Rennlist Member

The GT3 "steering committee" will be assembling on this Thurs night in the ATL and will report back promptly.
Old 10-15-2014, 07:16 AM
sgroer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kencollinsjr View Post
The GT3 "steering committee" will be assembling on this Thurs night in the ATL and will report back promptly.
I believe it's the GT3 "electric steering committee" due to our numbness and overall lack of feedback.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Event - Smokies & GT3 Sermons in Spring

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: