Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Event - Smokies & GT3 Sermons in Spring

Old 10-13-2014, 12:15 PM
P-Car777
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
Once we get more details I can handle the reach out to porsche as I have been in detailed discussions with them over the last few months about my situation. This will be a ton of fun.

We could look into renting track time at AMP. Allan may know more as I believe he is a member.
I am an AMP member, don't know the details of renting out to a group, but I can contact them if you guys like!

SO MUCH FUN, loving this thread.

Thanks to all for great ideas, planning, organizing, etc.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:22 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by P-Car777
I am an AMP member, don't know the details of renting out to a group, but I can contact them if you guys like!

SO MUCH FUN, loving this thread.
Hooray!... if you and other can find out that would be terrific.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:25 PM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

This will be fun! Thanks for getting it started!
Old 10-13-2014, 12:29 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Put me down as a coming also. I assume I can rent a car trailer. 2000 miles round trip for me which I would rather log in the Smokey mountains than sitting on the freeway. Hopeful some one will let me park my truck and trailer somewhere.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:31 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Black with black wheels arriving November 7. I saw you didn't have a black one yet.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:34 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by skuplist
Put me down as a coming also. I assume I can rent a car trailer. 2000 miles round trip for me which I would rather log in the Smokey mountains than sitting on the freeway. Hopeful some one will let me park my truck and trailer somewhere.
Excellent!
Old 10-13-2014, 01:29 PM
kencollinsjr
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haku: I am Facebook friends w/ the director of sales at AMP. Just emailed her about how to go about this. Her name is Emily Stubbs. I'll let the group know what I hear back. I'm not a member though.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:42 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

No Racing Yellow on the list??

Mine arrives in January, please put me down.

.... Yet another reason my car can't get here soon enough!

Ryan
Old 10-13-2014, 01:43 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

I'll add my 2c: for 6 years I have been organizing a Ducati event for a forum I belong to in the smokies, right by the Dragon. I have found that Fontana Village Lodge was the perfect location for hosting these events.. Amazing location with Central Lodge in addition to cabins all around the grounds. The lodge has very good food for that part of the country, and the central lodge has an amazing meeting space with both outside decks overlooking Smokies and huge sunken couch in the main lobby where we all congregate. There are also large parking lots where they let you display and hang around the vehicles that you were bringing.

If you call enough ahead and have a large enough group, they will give you a room discount, although to be honest the rooms aren't really that expensive. From this location you can hit some of the curviest and most beautiful roses I have ever driven or ridden in my life. These include the Cherahala skyway, the tale of the Dragon, Highway 28, and so many other amazing rAcetrack smooth, cambered roads full of never-ending twisties that were literally made for this car.

The way I would organize the thread, is to put all the instructions and a list of attendees on one page. That way as more people join the group, something which is inevitable, every pager to the attendee list with instructions on where to sign-up, what events are happening, dates, times etc. will be repeated throughout this thread.

Example:
INSTRUCTIONS: please copy this list in a new post, and add your name at the bottom of the list Including what car you are bringing.

991 GT3s in the Smokies Driving Event
WHEN: date tba
WHO: anyone with a gt3 of any vintage is welcome
LODGING: fontana village lodge - ask for GT3 group discount
SPONSORS:
EVENTS: (group picture at the Fontana Damn on X date at X time.
ATTENDEES:
3. Etc

This is just an idea from someone who has done this many times. If I can be of assistance to answer questions please let me know.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:44 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by Haku
My thanks to you and Sean for first mentioning it.
Yes contacts at PCNA would really be useful and I think its a great way to let all and sundry know about the event and the GT3's fans.

I'm sure that P or Chattanooga will prepare goody bags and forms of sponsorship.

It would be fun if the weekend could include:
- Drives
- Autocross
- Track (maybe Barber or somewhere else if we can pull a few strings)
- GT3 talks by Preachers with Sermons!
- Photoshoots - Group and Individual - Static and Action/Aerial using a drone...I will ask a friend who does this and is a pro.

... other suggestions?

We have time to organize this so the more suggestions there are the better. We can then decide on the possibilities and allocate tasks.
I have a really nice drone for aerial stuff as well
Old 10-13-2014, 01:45 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

I can help with that as needed.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:49 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

I can help with that as needed.
Great thanks
Old 10-13-2014, 03:28 PM
Money2536
Race Car

Received 228 Likes on 74 Posts

I might be in!
Old 10-13-2014, 05:08 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Black with black wheels arriving November 7. I saw you didn't have a black one yet.
That's going to be the stunner! When you're not driving, you'll be the one cleaning the car!

Originally Posted by kencollinsjr
Haku: I am Facebook friends w/ the director of sales at AMP. Just emailed her about how to go about this. Her name is Emily Stubbs. I'll let the group know what I hear back. I'm not a member though.
Perfect! Thank you.

Originally Posted by reidry
No Racing Yellow on the list??
Mine arrives in January, please put me down.
.... Yet another reason my car can't get here soon enough!
Ryan
Great Ryan! The car will be here soon enough. I need to take that advice myself!
RYan...Racing Yellow?!!!! Awesome!

Originally Posted by CAlexio
I'll add my 2c: for 6 years I have been organizing a Ducati event for a forum I belong to in the smokies, right by the Dragon. I have found that Fontana Village Lodge was the perfect location for hosting these events.. Amazing location with Central Lodge in addition to cabins all around the grounds. ........
The way I would organize the thread, is to put all the instructions and a list of attendees on one page. That way as more people join the group, something which is inevitable, every pager to the attendee list with instructions on where to sign-up, what events are happening, dates, times etc. will be repeated throughout this thread.

Example:
INSTRUCTIONS: please copy this list in a new post, and add your name at the bottom of the list Including what car you are bringing.

991 GT3s in the Smokies Driving Event
WHEN: date tba
WHO: anyone with a gt3 of any vintage is welcome
LODGING: fontana village lodge - ask for GT3 group discount
SPONSORS:
EVENTS: (group picture at the Fontana Damn on X date at X time.
ATTENDEES:
3. Etc

This is just an idea from someone who has done this many times. If I can be of assistance to answer questions please let me know.
CAlexio, thank you so much for the pointers and suggesting Fontana which I know is very good. Your advice genuinely appreciated and will be adopted. I'm sure we're going to pick your brain much more.

BTW, you do know we're doing all this just to tempt you to come over!....maybe even grab yourself that GT3!

I have a really nice drone for aerial stuff as well
That's great! Sean, the more photo and video enthusiasts we have amongst the group the better.

Originally Posted by Money2536
I might be in!
We need a Sapphire Blue! Your car looks stunning and you'd be welcome!
I've added you on the list as a "maybe".... lets change that to a def!
Old 10-13-2014, 05:13 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

A request.

Anyone joining, or is already on the list, please PM me your contact details if you haven't already done so.

A email list will be setup soon.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Event - Smokies & GT3 Sermons in Spring