Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

I love Rennlist!!!!
Old 10-18-2014, 03:18 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
some said i am insane? i tired to roll these tires down the hill but it's really hard to roll them over when kids are sitting in them. you should try it. they dont roll well
Awesome! I remember doing this as a kid....keep up the tradition!
Old 10-18-2014, 11:23 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

LOL!

Love the passion! I'm in the right place!
Old 10-18-2014, 02:59 PM
Nan P
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
some said i am insane?

i tired to roll these tires down the hill but it's really hard to roll them over when kids are sitting in them. you should try it. they dont roll well
That is one of the best kid pics I've ever seen!
Hilarious!!

I thought I was the only weirdo around cleaning rims & calipers....yes Rennlist is the place to be.

& nice Colnago Mooty...my Cervelo R3 is a few steps behind.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:01 PM
Money2536
Race Car

Received 228 Likes on 74 Posts
Default My Opinion on Options

For other working on their orders, I thought I would give my two cents on what options I wanted, didn't want, and why. Please don't take offense to my comments. Options are very personal. Others have helped me develop my opinion, so maybe my comments might be of some use.

Below are the options I ended up with. The car I got was ordered by someone else, but it was nearly the exact build I wanted with a few extras that I didn't mind paying more to get.

Sapphire Blue Metallic $710: I am so happy with this choice. I was too scared to order the car in this color, but once I saw it there was no question that it was the color I wanted. I've read comments about it looking to light or washed out. In person, it is perfect.

Leather Interior in Black/Alcantara $3,320: I kept going back and forth about getting full leather. I had decided I didn’t want the red stitching, but I really like the platinum stitching that comes with the full leather package.

If I had ordered the 2015, I was probably going to get Lightweight Sport Buckets. I obviously didn’t have this choice on my car. I’m not displeased. I absolutely didn’t want/need the 18way adaptive seats, and this car didn’t have them. My understanding is that the 18way seats are 20+ lb heavier than the 4way Sport Plus that I have.

I’m not super excited about Alcantara, but there is no choice there. To me, Alcantara always looks slightly dirty. On the positive side, it does make the seat feel more comfortable and less sticky in the hot FL weather. Overall, I’m glad I was forced into full leather.

Extended Range Fuel Tank $0: I wasn’t going to spec this in my order. I guess it’s not a bad thing, but this thing holds like a million gallons of fuel. It is completely unnecessary for my purposes. I actually enjoy stopping and getting gas. I think if I had a major commute and was daily driving this car it would be nice, but the standard tank is still over 16 gallons. I still would have felt good no checking that box.

PCCB $9,210: This was an absolute must for me, the detail freak. The steel brakes on the C2S were driving me crazy. It’s so darn humid here that the rotors were almost always rusty. This meant my wheels were always covered in orange dust which means I would twitch every time my car wasn’t washed for two days. I will say they still squeak at times just like the steel, but man do they look good and stay clean! Oh, and the pedal feel is nothing like I’ve ever experienced in a car. They are just fantastic in every facet other than the price.

Front Axle Lift System $3,490: I also wasn’t going to get this. I’m very accustomed to driving lowered cars, my driveway is not a problem, and I live in an area that is on the rural side of suburban. Plus, a new front lip is only like $180. Now I’m not disappointed I have it. I have already used it a bunch just to be on the safe side. It works really well and raises/lowers in less than 3 seconds. Mainly, I just didn’t want to pay for it.

Sound Package Plus $700: This is much better sounding than I expected it would be. I still think I will end up adding some DynAudio separates, but for now it’s not bad. It’s not good, but not horrible. This car is going to be a rattle machine, so I need a stereo to overpower the squeaks and creaks to keep me sane.

On a side note, I don’t listen to the radio often, but I had forgotten how much better HD Radio is over standard FM. I would probably add HD Radio had I known this. I absolutely didn’t want XM Radio. XM sounds like total crap, and I don’t want a box glued to my roof. This might sound ridiculous, but XM was a deal breaker for me. My car doesn’t have it!

Fire Extinguisher $140: This is stupid. I paid for it, so I guess I’ll keep it. Maybe it’s necessary for track inspection.

Smoking Package $0: I think this is a must. The center consul looks unfinished without it.

Old 10-19-2014, 11:01 PM
Money2536
Race Car

Default My Opinion on Options Part 2

LED Headlights incl PDLS $3,110: I really think these are a waste of money. Like the Front Axle Lift System, I wasn’t going to get these, but I’m not disappointed I have them. I guess the main advantage for me is the cool factor of the LED surrounds. The lights look really awesome in the daylight. The actual projectors are not any better than the Xenon lights on my C2S. Anyway, they look cool and work well and that’s all that really matters. I would stick with the Black PDLS if I were ordering again.

Light Design Package $510: I have absolutely no idea what this does. Maybe someone can explain it to me. This is a waste. So I get LEDs that don’t work as well as light bulbs in the same place without the $510 option? I'd pass on this if I were you.

Floor Mats $0: No brainer. With 475 HP, I don’t think the extra grams are going to slow me down too much.

SportDesign Steering Wheel in Leather $0: This was another thing I was so excited my car had. I didn’t want a dirty looking Alcantara steering wheel. The Platinum Stitching on this one is a very nice touch in comparison to my C2S with black.

Extended Interior Package, Door Panel in Leather/Alcantara $690: I guess this was an option for 2014. I think ‘15s have this standard as part of the Leather Interior.

Pedals and Footrest in Aluminum $625: I would never have bought these, but they certainly add a very nice touch to the interior. They have a texture to them, so they don’t get slippery like I thought they might. This is not a bad option if you are considering it.

Automatically Dimming Mirrors and Integrated Rain Sensor $690: Another waste of money for me. I always get my windows tinted, so the dimming doesn’t help me. Rain sensor never seems to work the way I like, so I could live without it.

PCM $0: Another free options that is a must for me. I won’t use the Navigation because it takes like a half an hour to enter a location. For a road driven car I had to have this.

Seat belts in Silver Grey $340: I’m not a huge fan of colored seat belts. I think guys get a little crazy with colors sometimes. I see it on Garage Journal all of time when guys paint their walls orange or have red and yellow floor tiles. In contrast to tacky, this is a nice little touch that I wouldn’t have done, but I’m glad the guy that specced the car did it. Silver Grey is a nice accent without being obnoxious.

Headlight Cleaning System Covers in Exterior Color $295: Since I am allergic to chrome, I’m really happy the car has this. $295 is a bit insane, but I guess you have to pay to play.

Fuel Cap with Aluminum Look Finish $160: This, in my opinion, is junk. Faux finishes always turn me off. I guess it looks cool until you have it in your hand and realize it just plastic. Certainly not a deal breaker, but I wouldn’t recommend getting this option. For $160, I’d expect real aluminum.

Options that I didn’t get.

Sport Chrono Package: I was really happy the car didn’t have this. The clock vibrated in my C2S. I don’t mind the look of it, but I happy that it’s not there. I like the way the dash looks without it. In the C2S it was a necessary option for the auto rev match and dynamic engine mounts. I’m glad the GT3 is different.

Black Wheels: I really wanted black wheels but got platinum satin. I’m actually really glad I didn’t have a choice. In person the gunmetal look suits the blue better than black would.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:12 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 262 Likes on 140 Posts

Excellent post and photos! Thanks.

I just dropped LED lights today (keeping the PDLS option) -- simply because I don't care for running lights on ALL THE TIME.

One thing for others to consider: The brushed aluminum trim inside will scratch -- easily, I'm told. I opted for carbon fiber, both for the look and being scratch-resistant.

The Sport Chrono is a steep $1,850 but I kept it out of consideration for resale (it's not universally desirable, I understand). It's better looking than the 997 copy, FWIW

Dimming mirror option is a must have for me, as I don't tint my windows.

Good choice on gray stitching -- red is awfully busy to my eyes. I'll post my config. after it locks.

Sport buckets, of course!
Old 10-19-2014, 11:37 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

I'm in essentially 100% alignment with you on what options make sense and which don't, other than the PCCBs (because I'll track the car) and satellite radio (commercial-free music choices on long drives with sketchy cell reception are nice sometimes).

Regarding the Light Design package, could you post some pics of your interior with the doors closed in the dark at night? Light Desifn is supposed to add a glowing trim piece near the home link buttons above, plus lighted door pockets / handles, and some floor accent lighting. I'd love to ditch that if it's worthless.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:46 PM
Money2536
Race Car

Originally Posted by Mech33
I'm in essentially 100% alignment with you on what options make sense and which don't, other than the PCCBs (because I'll track the car) and satellite radio (commercial-free music choices on long drives with sketchy cell reception are nice sometimes).

Regarding the Light Design package, could you post some pics of your interior with the doors closed in the dark at night? Light Desifn is supposed to add a glowing trim piece near the home link buttons above, plus lighted door pockets / handles, and some floor accent lighting. I'd love to ditch that if it's worthless.
I'll try and get some light design photos. If there is lighting there, I don't notice it. I would save the $500 bucks.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:58 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for the great photos and detailed point by point comments. The colour looks better and better every time I see your car! One minor point: I didn't realize the extended leather (door panels) were now standard on 2015 cars. Are you sure that's correct? It's still on the configurator as a separate option.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:05 AM
Money2536
Race Car

Originally Posted by <3mph
Thanks for the great photos and detailed point by point comments. The colour looks better and better every time I see your car! One minor point: I didn't realize the extended leather (door panels) were now standard on 2015 cars. Are you sure that's correct? It's still on the configurator as a separate option.
I'm not sure. The codes are different between what I have and the 2015 configurator.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:07 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,184 Likes on 629 Posts

Two thoughts.
I also would love to see some pics of light design package at night. Mech33 and I requested this in another thread, but it has been ignored......or people who have it, don't know what it does either........

My other thought/question- why did u keep your personalized "X51 C2S" license plate?
Very cool for your C2S, but it doesn't really fit a GT3, I would think.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:12 AM
Money2536
Race Car

Originally Posted by Drifting
Two thoughts.
I also would love to see some pics of light design package at night. Mech33 and I requested this in another thread, but it has been ignored......or people who have it, don't know what it does either........

My other thought/question- why did u keep your personalized "X51 C2S" license plate?
Very cool for your C2S, but it doesn't really fit a GT3, I would think.
I promise, I'll get some photos for you.

I just haven't had the time to head to the DMV to swap it out for a regular plate. I've been too preoccupied playing with the GT3.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:25 AM
green
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the light design package but honestly can't even tell if it's there or not. All I see are 2 small LED reading lights up by the mirror. My buddy who didn't order that option has the same setup. Am I missing something?
Old 10-20-2014, 12:30 AM
Money2536
Race Car

Originally Posted by green
I have the light design package but honestly can't even tell if it's there or not. All I see are 2 small LED reading lights up by the mirror. My buddy who didn't order that option has the same setup. Am I missing something?
I was thinking the same thing. I'm not sure what it does.

Quick Reply: Money2536's Sapphire Blue 991 GT3 Journal