Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'15 GT3 allocation available - Los Angeles

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 03:46 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Well, I apologize. And that is very different then what I was told directly by the executives I worked with at PCNA. That was not so long ago (in the last couple of years). I was representing what I knew to be true, and I am really surprised at what you learned. It not only flies in the face of my own observations, it just doesn't make sense to me. I am not sure where they would draw the line. There was an escalation when I was there by a customer and a certain dealer asking over MSRP (not CA based). I know that they intervened and the customer got MSRP. I guess that must have been an anomaly.

But as I said earlier in the thread, I don't have a dog in this hunt, and its not the first/last time I have been wrong about something. Apologies.
Old 10-14-2014, 04:00 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No problem MrSullivan. My guess is that if PCNA had to get involved it may be a case where the customer was told one price and then it was raised when he tried to pick it. Could be considered an unfair and defective trade practice which I am sure would motivate PCNA to get involved. Just speculating of course.
Old 10-14-2014, 04:58 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 795 Likes on 545 Posts

Originally Posted by Zucc
I just got off the phone with PCNA and asked her if Porsche had any rule against dealers that charge over MSRP. She said no, that many markets were different and they were free to charge what they want since they are independent business's

Forthcoming apologies will be accepted.
Well done - you have proven that the tooth fairy does not exist. An admirable task given the vehement arguing by certain other members that it did (and their refusal to offer up proof to back up the claim).

BTW - when the E46 first came out. Most initial cars were sold over MSRP - up to $15K over. I hate to admit this but I did pay over MSRP. Something I vowed I would never do again.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:07 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rodsky
Well done - you have proven that the tooth fairy does not exist. An admirable task given the vehement arguing by certain other members that it did (and their refusal to offer up proof to back up the claim).

BTW - when the E46 first came out. Most initial cars were sold over MSRP - up to $15K over. I hate to admit this but I did pay over MSRP. Something I vowed I would never do again.
Ok to kick someone when they are in the dirt... i'll take it... I guess I deserve it... but for the record there is no "proof" on either side of this argument. I absolutely take Zuuc at his word that he called PCNA and my information is out of date and/or wrong. But I didn't make up a tooth fairy tale. And even if PCNA had told Zuuc the exact opposite (i.e. my original position), there would be no "proof" either way.

Separately, and back to cars, you have made me feel good about my E46 M3 that I paid MSRP for.... that was a great car. Great engine. I was actually recently noticing that the piston speed on the 991 GT3 is about the same as that S54 motor was on the E46 M3, approx. 25 meters/second... talk about before its time...
Old 10-14-2014, 05:30 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

Can this thread just die? Vs the friendly banter that goes on in the rest of the 991 GT3 forum the demeanor on this thread has been markedly different and a bit discouraging.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:34 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rodsky

Thanks rodsky, just in case there are any"doubters" out there just call 800-767-7243, stay on hold until someone picks up then ask the question. Took about 3 mins.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:45 PM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
Can this thread just die? Vs the friendly banter that goes on in the rest of the 991 GT3 forum the demeanor on this thread has been markedly different and a bit discouraging.

GT Silver!

Like Hi ho Silver!

Sgroer. Man, make your avatar pic one in the sun and not in the shade!

I'm going out on a limb and saying that between your actions and Haku I think GT silver is the new white!

I'm seriously thinking of it now instead of white. What a bandwagon loser I can be! lol
Old 10-14-2014, 05:54 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
Wait, remember the GTS thread?
Old 10-14-2014, 06:09 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Keep the " Desperately tracking ships " threads instead. Make this forum hardcore. Yawn. Lots of knowledge to be learned from those...like how to track ships and how obsessive compulsive disorder manifests.
At least I've learned something from this thread...I've learned something from the GTS thread too.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:50 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 795 Likes on 545 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
Ok to kick someone when they are in the dirt... i'll take it... I guess I deserve it... but for the record there is no "proof" on either side of this argument. I absolutely take Zuuc at his word that he called PCNA and my information is out of date and/or wrong. But I didn't make up a tooth fairy tale. And even if PCNA had told Zuuc the exact opposite (i.e. my original position), there would be no "proof" either way.

Separately, and back to cars, you have made me feel good about my E46 M3 that I paid MSRP for.... that was a great car. Great engine. I was actually recently noticing that the piston speed on the 991 GT3 is about the same as that S54 motor was on the E46 M3, approx. 25 meters/second... talk about before its time...
No harm no foul.

Back to cars.............

The E46 was a nice car - but no Porsche. I paid over MSRP to be one of the guys to get one right away (2nd at dealer after they all got a red display one as the first). I'm not proud of it - not one of my finer moments.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:00 PM
nlpamg
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OT to the current state of this thread, but I called Pacific Porsche a few months ago and was put in touch with a saleswoman who said she had a 2014 GT3 coming in and they wanted $25k over sticker. I told her to pound sand and that I wouldn't pay over MSRP.

They have one in their showroom for $20k over sticker now.

Today, I just received a call from the same woman saying that she has two GT3's coming in. When I said that I already had an order in she got sad. Looks like Porsche is ramping up GT3 production.
Old 10-15-2014, 02:07 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by nlpamg
OT to the current state of this thread, but I called Pacific Porsche a few months ago and was put in touch with a saleswoman who said she had a 2014 GT3 coming in and they wanted $25k over sticker. I told her to pound sand and that I wouldn't pay over MSRP.

They have one in their showroom for $20k over sticker now.

Today, I just received a call from the same woman saying that she has two GT3's coming in. When I said that I already had an order in she got sad. Looks like Porsche is ramping up GT3 production.

ding ding.

One of the four I was referring to in my post on page 5.

Quick Reply: '15 GT3 allocation available - Los Angeles