Sponsored by:

'15 GT3 allocation available - Los Angeles

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 08:13 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,314 Likes on 799 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen Fagin
You may see some used cars listed online but I am not selling a used 2014...I am selling a brand new 2015 and there are no used 2015's listed for sale with a MSRP as low as mine...hence my supply/demand comment.
Again, how can it be brand new? The only way I know off that Porsche will let you get away with your market adjustment price increase (and not ding you for the violation) is to title it prior to selling it to a real buyer. That means the ticket has been punched and in reality its a USED car.

Maybe you should take the time and read on here and see the rep your dealership has.

The other interesting part is that when searching Porsche for Premier dealerships yours isn't found. Isn't Premier the highest rating Porsche gives to a dealership; signifying truth, honesty, etc, etc, etc,?
Old 10-09-2014, 08:40 PM
nlpamg
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
Again, how can it be brand new? The only way I know off that Porsche will let you get away with your market adjustment price increase (and not ding you for the violation) is to title it prior to selling it to a real buyer. That means the ticket has been punched and in reality its a USED car.

Maybe you should take the time and read on here and see the rep your dealership has.

The other interesting part is that when searching Porsche for Premier dealerships yours isn't found. Isn't Premier the highest rating Porsche gives to a dealership; signifying truth, honesty, etc, etc, etc,?
lol, Glen is just trolling at this point. otherwise, I think he should just accept the fact that no one on this forum will buy from him or his dealership at this point.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:55 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

News flash : Auto dealers in the US are free to set their own prices on any new or used cars they sell. They can sell them for over MSRP, under or any where in between. That is why it is called Manufacturers SUGGESTED Retail Price.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:38 PM
rwcsn1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen Fagin
You may see some used cars listed online but I am not selling a used 2014...I am selling a brand new 2015 and there are no used 2015's listed for sale with a MSRP as low as mine...hence my supply/demand comment.
You justify charging over MSRP previously b/c of supply/demand. Sounds to me now that you have allocations and not enough demand, you might want to lower your MSRP.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:07 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zucc
News flash : Auto dealers in the US are free to set their own prices on any new or used cars they sell. They can sell them for over MSRP, under or any where in between. That is why it is called Manufacturers SUGGESTED Retail Price.
Except when prospective dealerships have to sign on the dotted line and agree to the conditions set forth by the manufacturer they want to represent.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:31 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Except when prospective dealerships have to sign on the dotted line and agree to the conditions set forth by the manufacturer they want to represent.
Taken from the Porsche website: Actual selling prices are set by dealers and may vary.

Not sure how to make it any clearer than that. If you have some kind of "condition of sales" agreement I would love to see it.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:33 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Taken from the Porsche website: Actual selling prices are set by dealers and may vary.

Not sure how to make it any clearer than that. If you have some kind of "condition of sales" agreement I would love to see it.
Yes, that statement implies that "stealers" are allowed to go lower than MSRP. But if you read rennlist you will find numerous posts that will speak to this confidential, but well known, agreement between a manufacturer and a representative regarding pricing.

But then again NP if you decide to pay more - at least your argumentation implies this; or at the least you appear very supportive of this endeavor even so a little research will find lower pricing.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:56 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Yes, that statement implies that "stealers" are allowed to go lower than MSRP. But if you read rennlist you will find numerous posts that will speak to this confidential, but well known, agreement between a manufacturer and a representative regarding pricing.

But then again NP if you decide to pay more - at least your argumentation implies this; or at the least you appear very supportive of this endeavor even so a little research will find lower pricing.
Oh Ok, these are "secret agreements" between the manufacturer and the dealer? FYI, I have never paid over MSRP for a car in my life, but like I have told you several times now, dealers are free to set their own prices in the US. If you don't like the price at one dealer, then go somewhere else. That's what I do.

Do some research and you will see that I am correct. The manufacturer may not like for dealers to mark up cars but they are independent business's and can price how they want. At least in the US. As far as Rennlist is concerned, there are many threads where people complain about dealers who mark up their NEW cars over MSRP.

You must be thinking about dealers in Europe because you are definitely wrong about US dealers. Sorry.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:57 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 796 Likes on 546 Posts

I have no dog in this hunt but how can Porsche dictate anything vis a vis pricing and dealerships. Isn't that the objective of them being independent dealers?

Where are all the 997.2 4.0 RS at MSRP? .. I know, I know- its a used, titled car..
Old 10-10-2014, 05:09 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Oh Ok, these are "secret agreements" between the manufacturer and the dealer? FYI, I have never paid over MSRP for a car in my life, but like I have told you several times now, dealers are free to set their own prices in the US. If you don't like the price at one dealer, then go somewhere else. That's what I do.

Do some research and you will see that I am correct. The manufacturer may not like for dealers to mark up cars but they are independent business's and can price how they want. At least in the US. As far as Rennlist is concerned, there are many threads where people complain about dealers who mark up their NEW cars over MSRP.

You must be thinking about dealers in Europe because you are definitely wrong about US dealers. Sorry.
BHP and their supporting pricing statements on here come to mind easily. Are they not US based and bound by this secret agreement? I guess there is a reason they are not a Premier dealer.

But this is beating a dead horse. I'm out.
Old 10-10-2014, 05:19 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

BHP and their supporting pricing statements on here come to mind easily. Are they not US based and bound by this secret agreement? I guess there is a reason they are not a Premier dealer.

But this is beating a dead horse. I'm out.
You are proving my point. BHP is notorious for charging over MSRP, yet PCNA has not taken their franchise or stopped supplying them with inventory.
Old 10-10-2014, 05:42 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Exactly, US dealers can charge what they want.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:06 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

It is absolutely true that dealers have an agreement with PCNA to not charge over msrp. Doing so puts them at jeopardy for losing the ability to act as an authorized retailer/reseller of Porsche product. There is no law being broken. But Porsche can pull their brand off the sign and refuse to provide cars.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:13 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
It is absolutely true that dealers have an agreement with PCNA to not charge over msrp. Doing so puts them at jeopardy for losing the ability to act as an authorized retailer/reseller of Porsche product. There is no law being broken. But Porsche can pull their brand off the sign and refuse to provide cars.
"Absolutely true"? Absolutely is a strong word. Obviously you possess a copy of this official "secret " document or maybe an actual dealer principal told you this.

Forgive me for assuming that you do not have a copy of or have ever seen this mysterious dealer- manufacturer agreement.

As I have stated before, dealers are independent business's and can charge whatever they see fit. If any manufacturer tried to pull the franchise of a successful dealership because they do not like that dealer's pricing strategies they would be sued by that dealer with backing from the NADA in 2 seconds.

Also, isn't there a "good dealer, bad dealer" list here on Rennlist talking about how "bad" dealers are charging over MSRP? How many on the bad list have lost their franchise?

You do realize that Porsche gets paid as soon as the cars are dropped off at the dealership whether or not the dealer has them pre-sold? Seeing how Porsche makes over 20k per vehicle sold to the dealer do you really believe that they are going to hold inventory from a successful dealer willing to take inventory?
Old 10-10-2014, 11:18 PM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glen Fagin, of course you and any dealer can ask for whatever price you think you can get.

If you want to keep a price higher than any buyer is willing to pay you will eventually have an antique or be a car collector.

I fully agree with supply and demand. And like all dealers once the 2015's arrive and there are still allocations to be had, your car will sit until such time there is no demand for the price you are asking and yes you need cash thus you will reduce your asking price to market. Just saying and have no skin in this game but ask even the basic economist when a product doesn't sell the price will decline.

Quick Reply: '15 GT3 allocation available - Los Angeles