Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: PCCB or Full Leather?
KEEP PCCB - Ditch the leather
32.94%
REMOVE PCCB - Red deviated full leather is worth it
67.06%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Full Leather or PCCB?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 09:04 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by rockitman
This thread got me thinking about PCCB again. I searched all the forums, read all of the experiences and once again ruled them out. When you need to replace the rotors, it's $20K OEM or $16K if you go with the racingbrake solution. I could also by a complete set of RacingBrake's 2 piece iron rotors and better calipers for $10k.. http://www.racingbrake.com/RB-Calipe...por-irp-03.htm
They will be superior to any Porsche OEM brake kit whether PCCB or not. Since I will be tracking this car, this makes the most sense for me. YMMV.
Good planning in regard to brake options. I would say spend your money on the interior/leather or other options you like and leave the brakes option to RB later, we have more brake choice for you to consider than you can possible think of; whether you just want to save the PCCB replacement cost, or reduce your rotor sprung weight and go for CCM rotors. Or prefer iron rotors for track durability and good modulation, low replacement cost, and don’t want to spend >$1000 for CCM track pads.

We offer both PCCB or standard brake stock replacement rotors or complete RB caliper CCM/iron rotor kits.

If you like to go with the complete RB kits; we have PCCB stock size (410/390) kits, or standard iron brake kit (380/380), plus the in-between kit 390/390. Personally I think this would be the best kit for performance and value.

Front 390mm is the stock size for Corvette ZR1 CCM rotor and Nissan GTR Iron rotor, which we make both (CCM & Iron), and are very familiar with how they work, should offer you sufficient thermal capacity w/o excessive weight like PCCB stock iron replacement @410x36.

This kit shall also fit most of the 18" aftermarket racing wheels. You can check the fitment template below:
http://www.racingbrake.com/v/downloa...-02fitment.pdf

If you prefer to reduce some sprung weight off iron rotors, we can even build the discs with ZR1 rotor rings 390/380 or 380/380 for a more affordable price (below $10k for 4 rotors), and the rotors will fit your stock red calipers or RB calipers if you pre-own the iron kits. So there is plenty of flexibility and interchangeability.

I hope above posting can help your decision a little easier for what the thread topic is about.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:47 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RacingBrake
Good planning in regard to brake options. I would say spend your money on the interior/leather or other options you like and leave the brakes option to RB later, we have more brake choice for you to consider than you can possible think of; whether you just want to save the PCCB replacement cost, or reduce your rotor sprung weight and go for CCM rotors. Or prefer iron rotors for track durability and good modulation, low replacement cost, and don’t want to spend >$1000 for CCM track pads.

We offer both PCCB or standard brake stock replacement rotors or complete RB caliper CCM/iron rotor kits.

If you like to go with the complete RB kits; we have PCCB stock size (410/390) kits, or standard iron brake kit (380/380), plus the in-between kit 390/390. Personally I think this would be the best kit for performance and value.

Front 390mm is the stock size for Corvette ZR1 CCM rotor and Nissan GTR Iron rotor, which we make both (CCM & Iron), and are very familiar with how they work, should offer you sufficient thermal capacity w/o excessive weight like PCCB stock iron replacement @410x36.

This kit shall also fit most of the 18" aftermarket racing wheels. You can check the fitment template below:
http://www.racingbrake.com/v/downloa...-02fitment.pdf

If you prefer to reduce some sprung weight off iron rotors, we can even build the discs with ZR1 rotor rings 390/380 or 380/380 for a more affordable price (below $10k for 4 rotors), and the rotors will fit your stock red calipers or RB calipers if you pre-own the iron kits. So there is plenty of flexibility and interchangeability.

I hope above posting can help your decision a little easier for what the thread topic is about.
Thank you for all the great info and advice RB....
Old 10-07-2014, 04:26 AM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Anyone in the UK with PCCBs wanna meet up and compare with my iron-braked car so we can answer the question of handling and steering feel once and for all?
Old 10-07-2014, 07:26 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,006 Posts

The poll ends the debate, however there is no wrong answer it all depends on what you want. Very passionate group, but we all don't like the same options .........yes they are options it's a choice. I don't see myself making quick left turn on the street, and saying damn it was a heavy turn because of those darn brakes(: No I do see myself at the stop light bored and saying wow that leather dash and red stitching is very cool! Also the wife likes it too(: later boys you guys will figure it out.
Old 10-07-2014, 07:56 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

bored in a GT3?... gosh I hope not...
Old 10-16-2014, 04:12 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

We will be making CCM stock size rotor kits available for those who prefer CCM rotors for street driving, while keeping standard iron brakes for tracking. They will be designed and made to interchange with stock rotors and retain the use of your stock "Red Calipers" and pads.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...l#post11728365
Old 11-08-2014, 06:56 PM
SECRET
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well guys... I ordered both, but left out the deviated stitching.

Final build order locked 3 days ago.
Attached Images   
Old 11-08-2014, 07:03 PM
LAGinz
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You mean you got the platinum stitching, I think. That is the default stitching mode-and your order sheet reflects that.
Old 11-08-2014, 07:23 PM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 9 Posts

Sweet! you will have an awesome GT3. Can't wait to see picts.
Old 11-08-2014, 08:09 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

That Agate is going to look great with the black lights!
Old 11-08-2014, 10:34 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

baller build... nice!
Old 11-08-2014, 11:14 PM
HGM 10
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As many of porsche owners agreed is that you have to get what ever makes you happy when you spend time with your machine... Imho i think pccb's perform better than irons, specially when you are about to enter a tight corner you simply dont have to push the pedal as hard as on the irons, the car just stops at your comand and feels a lot sharper, i tell you this because i had the opportunity to drive the gt3 with irons, and i felt that the iron brakes had some loose feel at heavy braking, , either on track, canyons hills and street use... again this is my opinion, and what i've learned with past experiences at the end of the day the only thing that matter's is that you dont regret when you are looking at your car (inside or outside) and thinking i should it got this or that option, just get what ever your needs are as a driver. You are not going wrong either way, enjoy!!!
Old 11-09-2014, 12:12 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 985 Likes on 511 Posts

Pretty hard to break your red stiching/leather. Not so with PCCB.
Old 11-09-2014, 12:32 PM
CodeRed
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would go w a stripper=neither
Old 11-20-2014, 08:24 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Hope this new brake development post can help you better decide.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...l#post11818954

Quick Reply: Full Leather or PCCB?