Sponsored by:

Sport Buckets, details from PNA

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 03:34 AM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Sorry mate. Your question was a good one. What I meant to say was that if they are the same seats used in the 918 then it's unlikely they were designed to tilt far as I'm not sure there is much room on that car to do so and tilting forward for ease of access would also seem unlikely as again no need in 918. The good news is I would imagine heated is available in 918 given the spec and price tag - have you tried selecting both options on the configuratior? Just a thought....
Yes, have tried to tick the heated seats option while selecting the bucket seats, but it's a no go. It's a bit of a conundrum for me, as I love the support of the buckets in my RS, but really enjoy the comfort of the heated *** seats in my Carrera S. The nature of a GT car, however, dictates that if buckets are an option, you get them.

Vivian
Old 10-04-2014, 04:28 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Ok. That's a shame. I got lucky. I had standard seats ordered as wife's only condition was heat given she has failed spinal fusion. A week before the order locked this time last year I heard on the forums heat could be ticked with buckets so I ditched the LED headlights which I had become increasingly unsure about (after having finally seen them in the flesh) and used the cash to shop the ROW club sport option with buckets cage and ticket the seat heaters. Very happy with the outcome. Keep your eye on the configuratior as they switched the option on very late....
Old 10-04-2014, 04:51 AM
irish guitar
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Ok. That's a shame. I got lucky. I had standard seats ordered as wife's only condition was heat given she has failed spinal fusion. A week before the order locked this time last year I heard on the forums heat could be ticked with buckets so I ditched the LED headlights which I had become increasingly unsure about (after having finally seen them in the flesh) and used the cash to shop the ROW club sport option with buckets cage and ticket the seat heaters. Very happy with the outcome. Keep your eye on the configuratior as they switched the option on very late....
Cheers, Macca. I just went back on configurator and noticed the key phrase, "unhinged" bucket seats, so I guess I've answered my own question.

I'll keep ticking the "heated seats" option right up until my build locks-in. Miracles may yet happen (for my back).

Vivian.

Quick Reply: Sport Buckets, details from PNA