991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport Buckets, details from PNA

Old 10-02-2014, 07:51 PM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Z356, the message was from Melissa today. If you or anyone else wants me to Email the message from her please PM. As I mentioned there are "pictures" of both seats with certain measurements that may be of interest to some of you. At 6'2 and about 220 will stick with the 18 way seats.

If not I may need to get the jaws of life to get my out of the car.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:55 PM
Clocked
Racer

One thing to clarify the statement "They offer electric adjustment of seat height and they have no folding backrest" was only related to the lightweight bucket seats for US cars.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:31 PM
GT Silver
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just tried a ROW sports bucket seat in the GT3. Coming from a 997.2 Turbo with 18 way seats, this bucket is snug. ingree and egress needs some getting use to esp with the side bolsters, manual adjustment fore and aft, tilt forward, one-piece and backrest is not movable. Seat can tilt forward for access to rear. BUT I could NOT adjust for height..... maybe I missed something.

I often drive take my cars for 3 hour drives, and personally, this seat will take some getting use to esp with the snugness. I am 5'8" and 68kg with a 32 waist and I do find this seat quite "fitting". I prefer a little wriggle room.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:36 PM
WSH
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by GT Silver
Just tried a ROW sports bucket seat in the GT3. Coming from a 997.2 Turbo with 18 way seats, this bucket is snug. ingree and egress needs some getting use to esp with the side bolsters, manual adjustment fore and aft, tilt forward, one-piece and backrest is not movable. Seat can tilt forward for access to rear. BUT I could NOT adjust for height..... maybe I missed something.

I often drive take my cars for 3 hour drives, and personally, this seat will take some getting use to esp with the snugness. I am 5'8" and 68kg with a 32 waist and I do find this seat quite "fitting". I prefer a little wriggle room.

This thread is bordering on comical at this point
Old 10-02-2014, 08:39 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by GT Silver
Just tried a ROW sports bucket seat in the GT3... BUT I could NOT adjust for height..... maybe I missed something.
Do not confuse the ROW sport bucket seat, aka the GT2 seat (which was available on all 987 and 997 in the US from 2009 on), with the upcoming 918 lightweight bucket seat available on the US-spec 991GT3, which has height adjustment.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:39 PM
Gleek48
Rennlist Member

Clocked-Can you please post the pictures of both seats with the measurements?
Old 10-02-2014, 08:54 PM
Strimdog
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Gleek48
Clocked-Can you please post the pictures of both seats with the measurements?
+1
Old 10-02-2014, 09:48 PM
Clocked
Racer

I will try to post the pictures they were embedded in the email from Mellisa.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:43 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
Get the buckets, period. Sofas are for snoozing in bumper to bumper traffic and on long-haul trips -- uses for which a gt3 is only wasted. The gt3 is made for fun on back-roads and on the track -- when it wants to talk to you through your whole body -- hence buckets are perfect for it.
But, what does Dan think?
Old 10-02-2014, 11:57 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

For those who are new to the forum, teenagers pretending to be purchasers, or those who were high throughout the 60's and 70's and can't rmemebwr any explanations from yesterday.:: dont worry about all this good-natured snickering, I'm here to help you clear this seat confusion up.

Here goes:

If you're an overweight american who likes to lay back with your gin and juice, don't order the buckets because they don't recline and you won't fit anyway. If you're an American 5-9 or shorter but you like to sit upright, do order the buckets because they have height adjustment and again.. They don't recline. If you're an American poseur who is buying the car for "cruisin" and to own a rare gt3 with 918-style carbon buckets because they look "dope"... Do order the buckets and drive with the windows down so others can see. If you're an American track junkie and lucky enough to have a nov-dec allocation.. You must order the seats because you'd be insane not to.

NOW....

If you're not american, I'm so sorry for you, BC 'MURICA!!!! Just kidding, I'm not American but I have some as friends so I'm allowed to make fun of them. Ok, all you ROW people (yes, to us you're all one big ROW), lucky you!!! you can recline and tilt but you can't raise... so if you're short like chris Harris monkey maybe reconsider.. But definitely don't expect your seats to look amazing like the Americans because you'll be getting the old gt2 style seats. Your seat will tilt so you'll have access to your rear compartment, but do not expect your car to look as cool as a non-ROW gt3 with buckets because you're SOL.

Hopefully this clears it up.. Back to deviating stitching
Old 10-02-2014, 11:58 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WSH
This thread is bordering on comical at this point
Yup, this thread sux...unreliable crap with regard to US lightweight bucket specs.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:07 AM
hf1
Banned

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
If you're not american, I'm so sorry for you, BC 'MURICA!!!! Just kidding, I'm not American but I have some as friends so I'm allowed to make fun of them. Ok, all you ROW people (yes, to us you're all one big ROW), lucky you!!! you can recline and tilt but you can't raise... so if you're short like chris Harris monkey maybe reconsider.. But definitely don't expect your seats to look amazing like the Americans because you'll be getting the old gt2 style seats. Your seat will tilt so you'll have access to your rear compartment, but do not expect your car to look as cool as a non-ROW gt3 with buckets because you're SOL.

Hopefully this clears it up.. Back to deviating stitching
The bolded part is wrong. So disappointing when mis-information like this is spread by a veteran of your stature.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:29 AM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have GT2 Sport Bucket Seats in my '10 GT3 and the are by far the most comfortable and supportive seats I have ever had.

I can't wait for my 991 GT3 (Jan del) with Lightweight Buckets! Hope they are as good!
Old 10-03-2014, 12:33 AM
brass4321
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
The bolded part is wrong. So disappointing when mis-information like this is spread by a veteran of your stature.
True. I commute daily in the GT2 (ROW) seats. Only wished for recline when I drove from Biloxi to Miami. Long ride in one position. Otherwise, no recline is pretty easy to get used to. Forces good posture, that's all.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:33 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Originally Posted by hf1
Wait what? For sure you jest sir Dan!? The ROW GT2 style buckets DO recline or my name isn't Calexio!!!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sport Buckets, details from PNA