Sponsored by:

Show me your Rhodium Silver GT

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 07:14 PM
Rovman
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fbirch
A guy at our local track drives a 997.2 GT3 in GT Silver. In the bright sunshine it looks spectacular - much lighter and more radiant than Haku's color sample photo, but with much more "depth" than Rhodium. In the evening it looks darker and more serious, maybe even slightly sinister, which somehow seems appropriate for a GT3. My 996 GT3 is arctic silver, which looks closer to Rhodium or Platinum, and it's a great color, but GT Silver would get my vote for the new car. You really have to see these colors in person on an actual 911 to truly assess what works for you.
Good explanation Felix,

Currently I have white as my choice but have been leaning toward GT Silver lately. I went to the dealer to compare between my 3 choices(White,Rhodium, and GT Silver). I think I am going switch to GT. IMO, it is a color with more character as it looks different by day and night.

OK, sorry to hijack. Back to Rhodium!!!!!
Old 09-27-2014, 07:18 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

does anyone think the Black PDLS Xenon light option would look funny w/this silver ?
Old 09-27-2014, 07:27 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

^Tough and personal one. I do not think Black wheels goes well with Rhodium. I would stick with standard and probably the regular PDLS. At first; I did not like Rhodium because it was at me Dealer inside and just had too much of a blue hue. Then a week later I was there and outside was this beautiful colored 911 in the sun and I was like "wow'; what color is that - rhodium. It is a very cool color but it changes it's character/tone more than most colors I have seen
Old 09-27-2014, 07:30 PM
KenU
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Saw this yesterday at my dealership (owner getting new plates) and like the contrast of the black wheels to the Rhodium. Never liked black wheels, until I saw this car. The standard wheels always look kind of "dirty" to me. The black wheels are glossy when clean (which these were not) and the car looks sharp.

Name:  20140926_105254.jpg
Views: 8580
Size:  263.1 KB
Old 09-27-2014, 07:45 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by rockitman
does anyone think the Black PDLS Xenon light option would look funny w/this silver ?
I think the black PDLS option is best looking no matter the car color.
Old 09-27-2014, 07:45 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

I was going stock satin platinum on the wheels but perhaps Black should be considered. Specing a car is torture..lol I guess there are worst things in life.

Still undecided on the black pds. I seem to remember silver CGT's had blacked out xenon light housings, no ?
Old 09-27-2014, 07:49 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Jon70
I think the black PDLS option is best best looking no matter the car color.
That is what I am thinking...also, I had all but ruled out black wheels until this latest post with rhodium silver.
Old 09-27-2014, 07:52 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by KenU
Saw this yesterday at my dealership (owner getting new plates) and like the contrast of the black wheels to the Rhodium. Never liked black wheels, until I saw this car. The standard wheels always look kind of "dirty" to me. The black wheels are glossy when clean (which these were not) and the car looks sharp.

Attachment 873051
That combo is a game changer for me. Black pdls and black wheels..Time for another spec reboot !!!!
Old 09-27-2014, 08:01 PM
KINGSRULE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Rockitman

Good choices!
Rhodium is the silver of choice!
Old 09-27-2014, 08:07 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by GJ
Rockitman

Good choices!
Rhodium is the silver of choice!
I think I am in love with the rhodium black wheel combo
Time to move on from grey.
Old 09-27-2014, 09:33 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

PDLS and wheels.... Both tough and very subjective options.

Imo, black wheels look really nice but I have concerns about the durability of the paint and of chips and dings showing up. I therefore went with standard (platinum) wheels.

I actually think the non-black (silver) pdls will look ok with on rhodium or other silver's.

Last edited by Haku; 09-27-2014 at 09:51 PM.
Old 09-27-2014, 09:49 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 24 Posts

Old 09-27-2014, 10:05 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Since there are new people rotating through the forum, and we tend to repeat ourselves.. I'll stick my neck out and remind that you can always go black with a few cans of plastip if you desire.. And then remove it when you get tired and your wheels will be brand new underneath. Tough to go back to platinum if you didn't spec it In the first place.

Also, shiny painted black wheels turn nasty brown with brake dust very quickly.. Look at the pic of the car up top. They are actually terribly hard to keep clean. If you go platinum this won't look so badly, and if you platisip them flat black they look better as they get dirtier. Black pdls on the other hand?.. I can't think of a color including white where they don't look fantastic.. A must-have for me
Old 09-27-2014, 10:18 PM
Bruno Giacomelli
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rockitman
I think I am in love with the rhodium black wheel combo
Time to move on from grey.
Rockitman - forums are great but they can really screw with your head when you're making body/ wheel color choices. Everybody has their own taste level, but personally, I think the Rhodium/Black Wheel combo is very clean and aggressive. Stay the course - you will have something very unique and personalized rather than the off-the-shelf choices most people are going with...
Old 09-28-2014, 12:54 AM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Bruno Giacomelli
I think the Rhodium/Black Wheel combo is very clean and aggressive. Stay the course - you will have something very unique and personalized rather than the off-the-shelf choices most people are going with...
Thank you Bruno. This is the first combo that really hit me....staying the course.

Quick Reply: Show me your Rhodium Silver GT